Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2017 Roster

Default Re: 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    If I see an opening for a recruiter I'll make sure to forward the link to you. Clearly SDSU is failing in their recruiting system.
    I can't argue too hard with any of the points given here but there is always a way to build a better mouse trap. Passing on kids that have iffy grades, regardless of their talent level, is an easy way to reduce our "misses." If signed recruits don't ever step foot on campus because of their grades, that is a big miss on our part.

You can spin it the other way as well. We've obviously shown there is an established culture that academics are important not just within the football program but also within the entire athletic department. One could argue that culture is going to give a troubled academic kid a better chance of succeeding but again, if he never steps foot on campus, that is a moot point.

Just over a week until they report for fall camp. Many guys are already here and have been most of the summer working out. Four weeks and change to prepare for what could be the best season of Jackrabbit football. Seems like every year we have a few guys step up perform at incredible levels, they aren't necessarily big surprises but they clearly stepped up. Some of those in the past few years have included Christion, Rozeboom, Soulek, Weineke, Goedert....there are many more but this was a small sample. Who does everybody have for "next"?

I'm going out on a limb with Tolu Ogunrinde, coaches have seen something to make the move to DE for him. Big, strong and fast...very hopeful he can make things extremely uncomfortable for the opposing teams QB and RB on a consistent basis.

Darkhorse....Blair Mulholland, I still view his hudl reel and am amazed we considered him at LB. Granted at the time of the move we had little Zenner still in the stable. I think #5's biggest hurdle will be getting time in there. But, I would not be shocked if he got an opportunity and pulled away, even with Mengarelli.

Again all speculation and conjecture put forth in the spirit of getting ready for FB. I cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Just over a week until they report for fall camp. Many guys are already here and have been most of the summer working out. Four weeks and change to prepare for what could be the best season of Jackrabbit football. Seems like every year we have a few guys step up perform at incredible levels, they aren't necessarily big surprises but they clearly stepped up. Some of those in the past few years have included Christion, Rozeboom, Soulek, Weineke, Goedert....there are many more but this was a small sample. Who does everybody have for "next"?

I'm going out on a limb with Tolu Ogunrinde, coaches have seen something to make the move to DE for him. Big, strong and fast...very hopeful he can make things extremely uncomfortable for the opposing teams QB and RB on a consistent basis.

Darkhorse....Blair Mulholland, I still view his hudl reel and am amazed we considered him at LB. Granted at the time of the move we had little Zenner still in the stable. I think #5's biggest hurdle will be getting time in there. But, I would not be shocked if he got an opportunity and pulled away, even with Mengarelli.

Again all speculation and conjecture put forth in the spirit of getting ready for FB. I cannot wait!
    DE could be quite interesting with Tolu, Callender, and Smenda.

Not to mention Kern coming back from injury, and IIRC Elijah Wilson got some positive comments from Stig in spring game as being un-block-able at times from that position.

Excited to see what Mulholland can do in the backfield, his HS game tape was impressive. I think Daniel has good potential as well if he can stay healthy.