Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: 2017 Roster

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,538

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Rashie Hodge is also on the way out. Listed on the roster but his twitter no longer mentions SDSU and now says #jucoproduct
    Damn it. His film was amazing. Thought we had an awesome SLB in him. Ugh.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    7,376

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Damn it. His film was amazing. Thought we had an awesome SLB in him. Ugh.
    not saying they are a bust but this goes to show how hard it is recruiting etc, 2 that were coming this fall already are not going to be on campus after signing.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,054

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Anyone else wonder how good this roster would look if we would have redshirted Langer and Bobbit?

    Oh, hindsight.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    3,775

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I'm assuming it's grades. Sounds like he wants to be here and he's still communicating with the other '17 recruits via twitter.
    If you are a non-qualifier and need to go the JUCO route because of grades, you have to get your AA degree (two years) before you can transfer to a four year school, correct ?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Globe, AZ
    Posts
    4,081

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If you are a non-qualifier and need to go the JUCO route because of grades, you have to get your AA degree (two years) before you can transfer to a four year school, correct ?
    If you don't qualify I believe you have to get your AA or an equivalent (whatever that means)..... I'm not sure if the fact he is at GCC (which I'm guessing is Glendale CC) is because of grades though, as I'm not sure you can sign if you are not qualified. You can commit as a non-qualifier but if I remember right you wouldn't show up on the roster and aren't an official member of the team.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,293

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    not saying they are a bust but this goes to show how hard it is recruiting etc, 2 that were coming this fall already are not going to be on campus after signing.
    Their grades and ACT scores are what they are when they sign in February so none of these were surprises to the coaching staff. If our staff doesn't want to deal with these types of issues then they need to take a longer look at a kid's transcript/test scores and value it at a closer level than their HUDL tape. Cause we'll never know what other recruit(s) got turned down to make room for these guys that can't even make grades out of high school and never step foot on campus. This part of recruiting isn't hard as kids don't all of a sudden become poor students in the classroom after they sign their NLI. We could see more of this with the early signing period as that is one less semester of grades to review and less time to improve their ACT/SAT score before making a decision on if they will make it or not.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    1,439

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Their grades and ACT scores are what they are when they sign in February so none of these were surprises to the coaching staff. If our staff doesn't want to deal with these types of issues then they need to take a longer look at a kid's transcript/test scores and value it at a closer level than their HUDL tape. Cause we'll never know what other recruit(s) got turned down to make room for these guys that can't even make grades out of high school and never step foot on campus. This part of recruiting isn't hard as kids don't all of a sudden become poor students in the classroom after they sign their NLI. We could see more of this with the early signing period as that is one less semester of grades to review and less time to improve their ACT/SAT score before making a decision on if they will make it or not.
    If I see an opening for a recruiter I'll make sure to forward the link to you. Clearly SDSU is failing in their recruiting system.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    If I see an opening for a recruiter I'll make sure to forward the link to you. Clearly SDSU is failing in their recruiting system.
    Though I detect sarcasm, I fully agree. Rep pts. given.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eastern SD
    Posts
    691

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    This is why they sign so many.

    ...in regards to academics remember, 11 of the 35 honored for the MVFC's President's Council Academic Excellence Award, were Jackrabbits. League best.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: 2017 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    not saying they are a bust but this goes to show how hard it is recruiting etc, 2 that were coming this fall already are not going to be on campus after signing.
    It sucks but every team has to deal. Hell we could have a team full of All-Americans that have flunked out of school. It happens every year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •