2017 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Roster

Jared Devoe has transferred out of the program to Missouri Western State according to his twitter account

Comment

Updated roster is posted. Notable names missing from last year's roster include:
      Alec Cromer, QB. Was injured last year at beginning of the year.
      Jared Devoe, OL. Transferred.
      Sam Koob, K. Pharmacy degree is taking precedent.
      Jeremiah Szafranski, OL. I know a family member of his was ill last year.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Updated roster is posted. Notable names missing from last year's roster include:
        Alec Cromer, QB. Was injured last year at beginning of the year.
        Jared Devoe, OL. Transferred.
        Sam Koob, K. Pharmacy degree is taking precedent.
        Jeremiah Szafranski, OL. I know a family member of his was ill last year.
        Wasn't Cromer the one who was one of the steals of our recruiting class, but his knee injury was maybe career ending?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Wasn't Cromer the one who was one of the steals of our recruiting class, but his knee injury was maybe career ending?
          I also remember quite a bit of hype around him. Could be injury or he was already passed on the depth chart by the kid from Mitchell who was rather impressive in the spring game last year. If the latter is the case, then another prime example of not putting too much stock in a recruits profile, star rank or whatever else you see in the media. Going to college and being just another body on the sidelines isn't always handled well by kids who were the superstar at the high school.

Comment

Some observations after looking over the updated 2017 Roster:

*Alec Cromer is on the roster.
            *Blair Mulholland listed as RB which he played in high school.
            *Justin Roberts-Transfer Quarterback from Nebraska Kearney. In school and will have to sit out a year.
            *Thomas Hopp now at fullback
            *Clark Weineke now at DB

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

*Justin Roberts-Transfer Quarterback from Nebraska Kearney. In school and will have to sit out a year.
              *Clark Weineke now at DB
              Very excited to see Mulholland at RB. For them to make that switch back shows more to me his potential there rather than a shortage at RB. Should be relatively strong there. Getting Daniel back, the transfer, RSFr and the others it will be a full but effective group.

I think it also speaks to the strength of the LBs, both current and incoming.

I also note the absence of Banasiak on the roster, did I miss a move there? His twitter still is touting fellow Jack athletes. Any info there?
              Last edited by Jackedforlife; 03-23-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

*Clark Weineke now at DB
                The FB and LB from Rochester who would have been redshirt Sophomores are no longer listed on the roster
                Caleb Lang has switched back to the OL from DL.
                RJ Helsper is no longer listed.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  The FB and LB from Rochester who would have been redshirt Sophomores are no longer listed on the roster
                  Caleb Lang has switched back to the OL from DL.
                  RJ Helsper is no longer listed.
                  Braydon Allen, TE, Freshmen, no longer listed.

Comment

According to Zimmer story this afternoon Banasiak no longer on the roster.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...tion/99539444/

Comment

*Clark Weineke now at DB
                      I wish Justin Roberts well, but I'm curious if he will ever take many snaps behind center. I had a chance to watch the Lopers play once last year and that program has been a train wreck at the DII level for a few years. Justin has the physical tools to play at this level, I'm hoping that as he watches Taryn the next couple of years that he will be able to utilize those tools. The Lopers won two games the last two years. He started one game last year for UNK because the coach wanted to see what abilities he had as a redshirt freshman. Their starting QB was also a redshirt freshman. Fortunately, Stig's crew has done an excellent job of recruiting and coaching QBs in the past. We've only had one starter that hasn't panned out in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                        According to Zimmer story this afternoon Banasiak no longer on the roster.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...tion/99539444/
                        Hmm, that's too bad. Zimmer also mentioned Rozeboom is serving as long snapper now. Wonder how that'll end up playing out.

Comment

True Freshman DL Simpson, Ward and Callender may need to play right away to add some depth and talent to d-line. They seem to have the physical makeup already.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Hmm, that's too bad. Zimmer also mentioned Rozeboom is serving as long snapper now. Wonder how that'll end up playing out.
                            The Sioux Valley flash graduated, I imagine there will be some taker in fall camp.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 04-14-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I'm on paternity leave and this baby is a great sleeper so I'm a little bored. Here is a preseason depth chart in my opinion.

Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 07-06-2017, 02:13 PM. Reason: Edited to Rabid's suggestions.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Congrats!!!! A future Rabbit, and sleeping well.

Please add a key to the colors.
                                Orange = Senior
                                Yellow = Junior

I get lost after that, but what do you expect from a DFW rabbit!

Comment

Working...
                                X