GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Do not look now, but the Yotes believe they can contend for the Summit League title. The 1-0 Yotes come to Brookings with more new faces. Dickerson, Mooney, Burch-Manning, Hurst, and Tyler Flack will likely be the starters today. They will not look like a David Boots team. There should not be any question if both teams want to impose their will on each other. The Yotes throttled the Mavericks at home 86-69 and it was not really that close. They shot 10-18 beyond the arc. The Yotes are averaging 20 shots from 3 point and averaging 32.2%. The Jackrabbits are currently allowing 32.8 3 point shots at 38% "efficiency". This could be an ongoing concern for the Jackrabbits as the opposition find this opening. The Jackrabbits started 0-2(on the road) 2 years ago. They finished 12-4 in the conference.. It might make the road a bit steeper to start 0-2 at home. 10 more free throws did not move the needle against the bison. The Jackrabbits need to improve the defense today and get that first win for the next home winning streak. Happy New Year! Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Do not look now, but the Yotes believe they can contend for the Summit League title. The 1-0 Yotes come to Brookings with more new faces. Dickerson, Mooney, Burch-Manning, Hurst, and Tyler Flack will likely be the starters today. They will not look like a David Boots team. There should not be any question if both teams want to impose their will on each other. The Yotes throttled the Mavericks at home 86-69 and it was not really that close. They shot 10-18 beyond the arc. The Yotes are averaging 20 shots from 3 point and averaging 32.2%. The Jackrabbits are currently allowing 32.8 3 point shots at 38% "efficiency". This could be an ongoing concern for the Jackrabbits as the opposition find this opening. The Jackrabbits started 0-2(on the road) 2 years ago. They finished 12-4 in the conference.. It might make the road a bit steeper to start 0-2 at home. 10 more free throws did not move the needle against the bison. The Jackrabbits need to improve the defense today and get that first win for the next home winning streak. Happy New Year! Go Jacks!!
    Can I melt down now! Like preemptively?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

Another angst moment?? They have pills for that!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Coyotes should be favored to win, but the favorites don't always win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

The best way to stave off a meltdown is to lower your expectations. It's way cheaper than drugs.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

[QUOTE=Kemo;308168]The best way to stave off a meltdown is to lower your expectations. It's way cheaper than drugs.

Ive lowered mine since Wed night. And if we get a 15-20 pt lead today, i totally expect us to blow it again. Not sure what kind of lead will make me feel comfortable. Maybe 30

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;308169]
              Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              The best way to stave off a meltdown is to lower your expectations. It's way cheaper than drugs.

Ive lowered mine since Wed night. And if we get a 15-20 pt lead today, i totally expect us to blow it again. Not sure what kind of lead will make me feel comfortable. Maybe 30
              Yeah but, that's only like 10 3's. I'll predict 20 for the red team

Comment

Scary game. Hess and Telly will have to be on with their outside shooting. Daum can't carry load himself.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Coyotes should be favored to win, but the favorites don't always win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  las Vegas has you favored by 1.5

Comment

Another stat to watch concerning the zone defense. The 1-3-1 should create some chaos in the opponents offensive motion. This in turn creates more turnovers. The yotes averge 12 turnovers per contest. Any turnover number greater than 15 ought to be considered successful. A related stat, points off turnover, should favor the Jackrabbits. The past 7 games do not reinforce that notion. Of course the UNI game skewed the number. Throw that game out and the Jackrabbits garnered 5 extra points for 6 games. I am not real sharp about the zone defense, but I am trying to find the positive things to watch evolve. Go Jacks!!

Zone explained for beginnershttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%E2%8...se_and_offense

Comment

Another short article;
                      1488603-ranking-the-best-zone-defenses-in-ncaa-basketball

Comment

I know many of you are scratching your head over TJ's playing zone defense, but if you truly watch your team play, and how they play, you would understand it. You have without a doubt the best big man in the Summit with Daum. But you may have the worst guards in the Summit as well. When you play man to man, as you did early in the year, Daum has a big tendency to get into foul trouble. Not rapping him, just making an honest assessment. He's the best offensive player in the league, but defensively he's not. If I remember correctly, he only has maybe 8 blocks this year, and this is a young man that has a wing span of over 7'.

My my bet is TJ has to play zone to keep Daum on the floor. Quite frankly, you'll more than likely lose most games if he doesn't get at least 34 minutes...maybe more. He's that good.

Comment

We haven't lost to usd in frost for a long long time.... it's not going to happen today either.

Comment

Dear Summit League

Why the F are you scheduling the biggest rivalry in your conference on new years eve day when there are no students around. You are idiots!!! Just got to Frost and normally all bleachers would be down for USD, a half of one end is down. Kiss mine Summit League and get a clue. Yes, i was at Cubbies 2 hrs ago. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              Dear Summit League

Why the F are you scheduling the biggest rivalry in your conference on new years eve day when there are no students around. You are idiots!!! Just got to Frost and normally all bleachers would be down for USD, a half of one end is down. Kiss mine Summit League and get a clue. Yes, i was at Cubbies 2 hrs ago. Go Jacks!!!
                              This post is on the money. There needs to be hell raised in the Summit League office. There is no excuse for it. None.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X