Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    They will be just fine. Too much emphasis is put on this three games in three days bull. We've done it before.
    When we had a deep bench. A short bench is going to be hard. This year the top 4 IMHO for the women is the best it's been in the summit league. Western and iupui are contenders not pretenders like last year. I still like our chances. If we play Saturday I'm 95% sure we win it all. Playing Sunday I'm more 70%. We win it all.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      When we had a deep bench. A short bench is going to be hard. This year the top 4 IMHO for the women is the best it's been in the summit league. Western and iupui are contenders not pretenders like last year. I still like our chances. If we play Saturday I'm 95% sure we win it all. Playing Sunday I'm more 70%. We win it all.
      I agree,keeping players as fresh as possible for the entire three days will be an important aspect to having a successful SLT ,as well as managing the foul situations,TO's ,substitutions,,do you ride the hot hand as long as possible,etc....so much goes into running the team so it can run as smoothly as possible and score and play defense as efficiently as possible too...This can become tricky at times ,don't want them gassed the 4th Qtr, but don't want to fall too far behind by not keeping the intensity level as high as we need it either..... glad we have the Coaching staff we have,I feel very comfortable game management is in their very capable hands.

If we get past the semi-final round, I like our chances of taking it all, semi-finals will feel like playing for the Championship in years past. The Championship game will be insane.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The good thing for us in the women's side is none of the top 4 is particularly deep. Also, considering the top 2 seeds fairer very poorly against us at home makes me very confident in our ability to win it all. I would put my money on an all SD final due to the friendly confines of DeFrost.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Everyone going to the Sat night session, wear your viking gear
          Maybe there will be some WIU representatives there recruiting fans for the game.

Comment

Zimmer speaks! (Award voting)
            http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...llot/98466804/
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It will be interesting how many bison fans make the trip.

In past years the excuse has always been "outta money and pto, because frisco".

What say you now bison fans?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                It will be interesting how many bison fans make the trip.

In past years the excuse has always been "outta money and pto, because frisco".

What say you know bison fans?
                Both of their teams will be playing on Saturday. They could make Day 1 without problem.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  The fact that he's voting for the Beaty girl from ORU for 6th woman tells me that no one in the league has any depth...

Also surprised that Ober isn't Defensive Player of the Year. I realize Braun leads in blocked shots, but considering they sit in a zone and she doesn't actually guard anyone makes this a weird choice. Maybe trying to not look like too much of a homer?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    The fact that he's voting for the Beaty girl from ORU for 6th woman tells me that no one in the league has any depth...

Also surprised that Ober isn't Defensive Player of the Year. I realize Braun leads in blocked shots, but considering they sit in a zone and she doesn't actually guard anyone makes this a weird choice. Maybe trying to not look like too much of a homer?
                    The homer thing plus the games Ober was injured may influence a decision. She may need to get on the SLT team to regain her glow!

Comment

Looks like they have opened up the majority of the upper bowl (both sides, just not the end sections), as the lower bowl is either sold out or nearly sold out for all sessions. For the Saturday evening and both Sunday sessions, there are only single seats available in the lower bowl.

Comment

Although I do not believe this year will break any attendance records, there is small shout-out to SDSU fans in the story.

http://www.keloland.com/news/article...ttendance-year
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Does anyone know when the Summit recognition for teams and individual honors are released?

Comment

Does anyone know when the Summit recognition for teams and individual honors are released?
                            I think SDSU Twitter feed or their Facebook page said to be on the look out this afternoon for award announcements.

@GoJacksSDSU
                            Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts today at 2:30pm for @GoJacksWBB & @GoJacksMBB postseason awards!

#GoJacks

Comment

Summit League has their press conference this afternoon at the Denny where they will announce awards.

Comment

0 replies 2 retweets 1 like

Comment

Working...
                                X