2021 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Recruits

Is this kid, Matthew Mors, the next big prospect from SD? Any of our Yankton friends or basketball junkies able to project if he is an option for a team at our level, or is he more of a Power 5 recruit? The 8th grader scored 41 last night against Sioux Falls Washington and is averaging about 30 points/game through the first three games of the season.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...c-20/95672378/
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: 2021 Recruits

He's good, his brother might be better. (exact quote from someone who coached both of them in grade school).

I talked to a friend of mine who knows his dad pretty well and said he's a power 5 guy.

He played last year as a 7th grader. Also a pretty good baseball player according to the paper.

Comment

Just an FYI, some discussion came about him last year as well...http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...ecruits/page41

Here is a quick merge of the stuff I posted in that thread:

Just for everybody's information...Matthew's father is Ryan Mors, the current AD at Yankton. Ryan played on all those great Huron football and basketball teams that Huron had in the early 90's (Chad Peters, Brad Peterson, the Struck brothers all guys that played at SDSU). Ryan is about 6'4/6'5 range and played football at Northern. Just a quick fun fact, Mors was my 5th grade teacher and his wife Aimee was my PE teacher, we had a class party when Matthew was born.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Is this kid, Matthew Mors, the next big prospect from SD? Any of our Yankton friends or basketball junkies able to project if he is an option for a team at our level, or is he more of a Power 5 recruit? The 8th grader scored 41 last night against Sioux Falls Washington and is averaging about 30 points/game through the first three games of the season.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...c-20/95672378/
        Every indication at this time is that he will be a P5 recruit. Only question is where does his passion lie? He is "freak" athlete. Has the body of a college kid and he is 13 or 14 yo. Things can certainly change with time. He put up 41 against a darn good SF Washington team and he defended well too.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My opinion is start on him early. Maybe he will be a P5 athlete, but sometimes that doesn't matter. Maybe he will want to play and represent his own state versus another place. Other times the first school to try and recruit a player can leave a pretty big impact on their decision. We should never not try to recruit a SD athlete even if we think they could go P5.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

what did they say 267 points in 26 games.

Comment

It seems like a lot of pressure for an 8th grader. Yankton's sports guy (USD beat writer) has been retweeting stuff with Duke, Kentucky, etc. in it. I don't think he should be doing that, but he always comes off more like a fan than a writer I guess. Not saying the kid can't handle it, but I just hope he does alright.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Very hard to project junior high to college. Ten or fifteen years ago Minnesota recruited a kid who was rated the top ninth grader in the nation, and he ended up as an average at best college player.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  Just an FYI, some discussion came about him last year as well...http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...ecruits/page41

Here is a quick merge of the stuff I posted in that thread:

Just for everybody's information...Matthew's father is Ryan Mors, the current AD at Yankton. Ryan played on all those great Huron football and basketball teams that Huron had in the early 90's (Chad Peters, Brad Peterson, the Struck brothers all guys that played at SDSU). Ryan is about 6'4/6'5 range and played football at Northern. Just a quick fun fact, Mors was my 5th grade teacher and his wife Aimee was my PE teacher, we had a class party when Matthew was born.
                  Off topic...but it's amazing to me we didn't win more championships in those years. Those boys basketball teams were amazingly talented. As were those football teams. Fun fact: Huron beat Watertown for both the basketball and football championships that year. Jason Sutherland and Brian Norbert were on those those teams.

Apologies...but those were fun times to be a Huron Tiger...now...not so much.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    Off topic...but it's amazing to me we didn't win more championships in those years. Those boys basketball teams were amazingly talented. As were those football teams. Fun fact: Huron beat Watertown for both the basketball and football championships that year. Jason Sutherland and Brian Norbert were on those those teams.

Watertown Arrow here.
                    1993: Huron 76, Watertown 65.

Point noted about Huron talent back then. Okay, back to the topic.

(Geez, some Huron guys just won't let it go.)

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      My opinion is start on him early. Maybe he will be a P5 athlete, but sometimes that doesn't matter. Maybe he will want to play and represent his own state versus another place. Other times the first school to try and recruit a player can leave a pretty big impact on their decision. We should never not try to recruit a SD athlete even if we think they could go P5.
                      Email this to T.J.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Email this to T.J.
                        Has TJ ignored in-state recruits? Or is this post genuine? Although likely a long shot it can't hurt to at least stick our toes in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Off topic...but it's amazing to me we didn't win more championships in those years. Those boys basketball teams were amazingly talented. As were those football teams. Fun fact: Huron beat Watertown for both the basketball and football championships that year. Jason Sutherland and Brian Norberg were on those those teams.

fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Has TJ ignored in-state recruits? Or is this post genuine? Although likely a long shot it can't hurt to at least stick our toes in the water.
                            Pretty sure T.J. knows about this kid. He is a college coach ya know.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              It's not like we don't have an in-state commit from Trevor Hanson of Sioux Valley, class of 2018... Here's some early season highlights for Trev.
                              https://www.facebook.com/15580028875...2048240477962/

Comment

Working...
                              X