Miller out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller out.

Tough news, as it was announced today that Macy Miller will be out for the season after tearing her ACL and meniscus in her right knee. According to the team, they will apply for medical redshirt. I think she should be able to get it. Right now she's right at the 30-percent cutoff for the NCAA to grant a medical redshirt.

Nevertheless, still tough news to hear.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Miller out.

I'd Like to be optimistic but the reality is I don't know if there's anybody that can step up and come close to filling her shoes. you miss so much that she brings to the team. Hope she gets the hardship and that her rehab goes well.

Comment

Tough she and Kerri can't play together Kerri's SR year...we will be deeper off the bench yr after next if Macy is granted a medical redshirt,most ACL injury's are I believe.Good luck for Macy and her recovery,come back better than ever.Knowing Macy,she'll be on the bench cheering on her teammates.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-14-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Tough news, but she should get medical redshirt as she never redshirted previously and meets the 30% requirement. Good thing it didn't happen a week later. Alexander probably gets first crack at starting, but if that doesn't work, Guebert can play the point and then start another wing player.

Comment

If I recall, she had some knee issues in high school, correct? I assume this is the same knee?
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Extremely disappointing, but the redshirt opportunity definitely dulls the pain a little. You don't find many players like Macy at our level.

Though the team would never say so, this clearly will reset the expectations a bit. We should still have what it takes to win the Summit, but the race just got a whole lot more "interesting". Our starting 5 are still solid across the board but the next three or four on the bench will have to make progress for the team to get it done.

Comment

I'm guessing exhibitions aren't counted?

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                I'm guessing exhibitions aren't counted?
                You guess correctly

Comment

Good luck Macy in rehab. Her all around game will be greatly missed.

In my opinion todays player plays way too much basketball in high school. Year around hoops I believe is the root cause of many of these injuries. Too much wear and tear. Summer basketball is a big money business that college coaches feed into. I understand it's not going away. I believe a player's overall health would be much better entering college with less miles on the tires.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

In my opinion todays player plays way too much basketball in high school. Year around hoops I believe is the root cause of many of these injuries. Too much wear and tear. Summer basketball is a big money business that college coaches feed into. I understand it's not going away. I believe a player's overall health would be much better entering college with less miles on the tires.

Go Rabbits!
                    I agree completely but unfortunately youth sports has become such a cash cow I don't see it going away.

Comment

In my opinion todays player plays way too much basketball in high school. Year around hoops I believe is the root cause of many of these injuries. Too much wear and tear.
                      Funny you bring this up... the SD Hoops Facebook page posted the question earlier today about what is the biggest deficiency in basketball today. I replied that there was too much specialization in one sport and not having a more well-rounded sports experience.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        Funny you bring this up... the SD Hoops Facebook page posted the question earlier today about what is the biggest deficiency in basketball today. I replied that there was too much specialization in one sport and not having a more well-rounded sports experience.
                        I couldn't agree more. Kids feel all kinds of pressure to play year around - especially basketball. Weekend after weekend because they believe it's their only avenue to a college scholarship.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Kids feel all kinds of pressure to play year around - especially basketball. Weekend after weekend because they believe it's their only avenue to a college scholarship.

Go Rabbits!
                          The college scholarship meme is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A small percentage of high school athletes will receive a full scholarship. The money spent on AAU, travel, etc. is insane and in 90% of cases wasted.

Kids should play multiple sports. I live in western Colorado. We have a young woman who just won a bronze medal in the Olympics (steeple chase). She ran in high school but also played basketball, volleyball and soccer. She was interviewed just last week stating that the reason she is who she is was partly due to her playing multiple sports. Money drives AAU. Parents drive AAU. It is absolutely out of control and hurting kids.

Back on topic. Macy being able to get a medial will be huge. Had this happened mid-year it would really suck much worse. That would give her two years and beginning next season, we will be stacked. And the time on the floor and experience some will gain this year minus Macy will benefit this program. A silver lining in a bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                            Money drives AAU. Parents drive AAU. It is absolutely out of control and hurting kids.
                            I think we could all go on about this ad nauseum for years. I'm a big proponent for "seasons", and even the seasons are too long in SD Jr football they started Aug 4. The last playoff game was Oct 19 I believe. These are 3rd-6th grade!!!!! Nearly 3 months!
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Hopefully Macy will be able to recover in nine months and be available for the start of next season. That's a pretty tight timeline for such a serious injury, but she seems like a highly motivated person. Surgical procedures and therapies have gotten better, and recovery times have gotten shorter. Not too many years ago, torn knee ligaments ended careers.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X