Pride Alumni Pep Band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride Alumni Pep Band!

I thought this was pretty cool... The SDSU Pride of the Dakotas Alumni is putting together an alumni pep band. And since the regular pep band members are on Holiday (nee Christmas) Break, the new band will be playing this weekend at Frost Arena.

I think it's a pretty cool idea to do, especially if we could get a band to go through the tailgate area for every home game. That'd be a lot of fun... Heck, I might have to dust off my trumpet and join in!

Anyway, if you want to know more, here's the group's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195484657131143/
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Pride Alumni Pep Band!

This is a great addition to the games. My wife and I always miss the band at the games over the Christmas holidays.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It's a change with a new director. Mr. Coull, the old director, didn't worry about the break games, but Dr. Kessler, the new director, sees the need for the band at all the games. Last year, Dr. Kessler got enough Pep Band members to come to the the break games but had some trouble getting enough for all the games this year (there are more games during the break this year.) He asked The Pride Alumni to fill in the empty spaces and they, of course, jumped at the chance. I'm really looking forward to spending time with this group and hearing what they did at games when they were at school. The Alumni Pride is always a lot of fun!
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        It's a change with a new director. Mr. Coull, the old director, didn't worry about the break games, but Dr. Kessler, the new director, sees the need for the band at all the games. Last year, Dr. Kessler got enough Pep Band members to come to the the break games but had some trouble getting enough for all the games this year (there are more games during the break this year.) He asked The Pride Alumni to fill in the empty spaces and they, of course, jumped at the chance. I'm really looking forward to spending time with this group and hearing what they did at games when they were at school. The Alumni Pride is always a lot of fun!
        More games during the break that include USD and NDSU men. Glad we will have a band for those games. Hope we have some students. We sure can use the support

Comment

I am hoping I am needed between Christmas and New Year's Day.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Definite thumbs up to Dr. Kessler and the SDSU Pep Band Alumni for playing at these games. I would think that as more and more alumni become aware of this that it would will grow quite a bit.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
            X