Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bizun reign ending

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    And we will buy tickets for next year's NC as well. Will you guys? What if tickets are above $37? I kid, I kid. A little.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Are you hinting at Klieman feeling unappreciated? If so, that is funny. Klieman is well aware that this is the best gig in the FCS. A coach does not move up because of not being appreciated. He is an Iowa guy...if he ever gets a chance to coach an FBS program he would be gone. Taking a different FBS program would be a path there as well...probably the longer and more likely route. Pretty tough for a coach to turn down an FBS offer with how much more they make. We pay at the very top range of FCS...but it is nothing next to what even Wyoming offers.
      Klieman looked a little teary eyed as he walked across the field to congratulated the JMU coach. Was it the pressure of Team makers he was feeling or was he just feeling bad for the team and coaches? I will bet it was the latter. I like the man a great deal. He definitely knows how to work the refs such as illegal downfield by OL by the opponent. Stig could still learn something from him. That is not a slam against Coach Stig. We are never too old to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
        How much are Jackrabbit season tickets? Asking for a friend........
        If your question is sincere , you should direct your friend to check with the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.

Comment

Are you hinting at Klieman feeling unappreciated? If so, that is funny. Klieman is well aware that this is the best gig in the FCS. A coach does not move up because of not being appreciated. He is an Iowa guy...if he ever gets a chance to coach an FBS program he would be gone. Taking a different FBS program would be a path there as well...probably the longer and more likely route. Pretty tough for a coach to turn down an FBS offer with how much more they make. We pay at the very top range of FCS...but it is nothing next to what even Wyoming offers.
          My bad,just thought he was taking quite a bit of unfair criticism about his coaching over on Bisonville,didn't realize it was all in jest.I'm sure it's like water rolling off a ducks back,and it doesn't annoy him in the least.You know the man much better than I do,I just know human nature sometimes isn't predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            If your question is sincere , you should direct your friend to check with the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.
            Spot on! And also inquire about how many individual tickets a season ticket holder can buy for the NDSU game before they are available to the public!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Klieman looked a little teary eyed as he walked across the field to congratulated the JMU coach. Was it the pressure of Team makers he was feeling or was he just feeling bad for the team and coaches? I will bet it was the latter. I like the man a great deal. He definitely knows how to work the refs such as illegal downfield by OL by the opponent. Stig could still learn something from him. That is not a slam against Coach Stig. We are never too old to learn.
              He's pretty close with the team...a player's coach. Fan's aren't happy not going back to Frisco...but we realize what a good coach we got. Some on Bisonville need a cooling off period...some should not post for 48 hours after a game.

As for working the refs on that call. Klieman said they noticed a trend during film breakdown that at least some of the time on big pass plays that an ineligible player would be downfield. He said he visited with the ref(s) prior to the game and asked them to be aware of it and to watch for it. It ended up biting us as well on one play...but we ended up scoring on the same drive and it contributed to stalling yours. I guess it could be considered working the official over...but I think it was good homework and putting the bug in the ear for future events.

Comment

He's pretty close with the team...a player's coach. Fan's aren't happy not going back to Frisco...but we realize what a good coach we got. Some on Bisonville need a cooling off period...some should not post for 48 hours after a game.

As for working the refs on that call. Klieman said they noticed a trend during film breakdown that at least some of the time on big pass plays that an ineligible player would be downfield. He said he visited with the ref(s) prior to the game and asked them to be aware of it and to watch for it. It ended up biting us as well on one play...but we ended up scoring on the same drive and it contributed to stalling yours. I guess it could be considered working the official over...but I think it was good homework and putting the bug in the ear for future events.
                The play we got called on for the illegal guy down field was egregious. He was just a bit downfield, he was going downfield as if it was a run play. I wouldn't give Kleiman any credit on his conversation getting that play called. It was so egregious the officials almost couldn't miss it. I literally saw it live during the play. I didn't even get excited about the TD because I knew that play was coming back. The old lady was wondering why I wasn't saying anything and I said it's coming back. Then the TV announcer says flag on the play.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  The play we got called on for the illegal guy down field was egregious. He was just a bit downfield, he was going downfield as if it was a run play. I wouldn't give Kleiman any credit on his conversation getting that play called. It was so egregious the officials almost couldn't miss it. I literally saw it live during the play. I didn't even get excited about the TD because I knew that play was coming back. The old lady was wondering why I wasn't saying anything and I said it's coming back. Then the TV announcer says flag on the play.
                  I think Klieman mentioned on his show about talking to the refs about that particular play. That's what I was referring too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I think Klieman mentioned on his show about talking to the refs about that particular play. That's what I was referring too.
                    Coaches do that all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                      Coaches do that all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Especially Klieman, he has a fanbase to feed. After JMU game they all of a sudden got very hungry.

Comment

Working...
                      X