Nova - Guess the attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nova - Guess the attendance

It must be time that those who question the Athletic Department and their business models might click on the following link and reevaluate your own model. It is disappointing that some are not able to feel comfortable buying playoff tickets. I have the same feeling when I look at concert tickets at the Premier Center. I do not buy those. It is not important in my choices. If I had to put the Frisco trip on a credit card for 3 months, I would not attend that either. Easy decisions are out there and I do not blame Premier Center for the price or the airline for the price or the NCAA for the price. Has this thread turned political or would thread drift be the answer?
    http://www.daveramsey.com/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      It must be time that those who question the Athletic Department and their business models might click on the following link and reevaluate your own model. It is disappointing that some are not able to feel comfortable buying playoff tickets. I have the same feeling when I look at concert tickets at the Premier Center. I do not buy those. It is not important in my choices. If I had to put the Frisco trip on a credit card for 3 months, I would not attend that either. Easy decisions are out there and I do not blame Premier Center for the price or the airline for the price or the NCAA for the price. Has this thread turned political or would thread drift be the answer?
      Your points are well taken here and I enjoy listening to Dave Ramsey. The guy says some great things and they are not always backed up by scripture but just common sense and no doubt, Dave has helped a lot of people out of situations and maybe they are now in a position to buy playoff tickets. Like others have said everything costs money, such as what SuperBunny scenario of going to Fargo, or coming from Columbus, Nebraska to Brookings South Dakota for a weekend of basketball or football. I know all about that. So back to the topic at hand.

Comment

Aaaand we've made it to the point of lecturing on personal finances. Hopefully that kills this thread for good.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          If we make it to Frisco, there is no way im not going.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            ^This. Same as my last year's trip to Spokane to watch Mens Bball team in first round. You never know if it will ever happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Same here. Is there such a thing as a third mortgage?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Same here. Is there such a thing as a third mortgage?
                Thats the advantage of being old, no house payment. Getting off work might be my biggest problem and not a flyer so i would probably have to drive.

Comment

I don't post often, so I've been hesitant to ask because I don't want to appear to be the guy that pops in to stir the pot. But I've been curious for two days. If $30 was a lock to go and $37 was too expensive, what would one do if the price was $33.50? Would it require flipping a coin?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJack View Post
                    I don't post often, so I've been hesitant to ask because I don't want to appear to be the guy that pops in to stir the pot. But I've been curious for two days. If $30 was a lock to go and $37 was too expensive, what would one do if the price was $33.50? Would it require flipping a coin?
                    Haha this literally made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      My last comment on the subject. The cold I picked up as a result of being at that game was worth it. It's interesting when you expose yourself to the elements like that for three hours you almost feel like you were in the game too. It's quite a feeling! I no longer care who or how many show up as I can't control it, but I know for me and my immediate family we will not miss a future opportunity to attend a playoff game regardless what the weather does!
                      You didn't catch a cold because you were out in the elements, but I digress........

I wanted to chime in on the whole attendance topic before the conversation dries up:

1. The casual fan SDSU is targeting does not want to drive to Brookings and freeze their a$$ off to watch an outdoor football game in December. I'm not even sure national championships will fix that. Personally, I think we missed the boat in not giving a domed facility more consideration, simply from an attendance/revenue/growing the fan base perspective.

2. The drive across Fargo in a warm vehicle to watch a reigning national champion in a domed facility is an easy one to make.

3. Those of you giving high-fives to our current ticketing staff an administration.....maybe you didn't notice (I obviously did), but they quietly reduced the required donation amount for certain sections of the stadium after the initial roll-out. Gee, I wonder why? That was a major red flag to me.

Another poster on here summarized it better than I did, but that's me thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        You didn't catch a cold because you were out in the elements, but I digress........

I wanted to chime in on the whole attendance topic before the conversation dries up:

1. The casual fan SDSU is targeting does not want to drive to Brookings and freeze their a$$ off to watch an outdoor football game in December. I'm not even sure national championships will fix that. Personally, I think we missed the boat in not giving a domed facility more consideration, simply from an attendance/revenue/growing the fan base perspective.

2. The drive across Fargo in a warm vehicle to watch a reigning national champion in a domed facility is an easy one to make.

3. Those of you giving high-fives to our current ticketing staff an administration.....maybe you didn't notice (I obviously did), but they quietly reduced the required donation amount for certain sections of the stadium after the initial roll-out. Gee, I wonder why? That was a major red flag to me.

Another poster on here summarized it better than I did, but that's me thoughts.
                        Numbers 1 and 2, I share your sentiment. In Jackrabbit nation there is the notion that we do not want to repeat the DakotaDome disaster, but I wonder how much of a disaster is it after all these years.

No 3, those jobs are not big paying jobs and they usually get no thank you. So better them than me.

Comment

Working...
                        X