Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nova - Guess the attendance

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    6,154 was the attendance per Tyler Merriam's twitter feed.
    Ouch. At least those that were there were loud and engaged.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

6,154 was the attendance per Tyler Merriam's twitter feed.
      The basketball games werent huge in attendance either. It could have been a full day, one trip to Brookings for fans. Seems like it would have been a good weekend to come. The 6000 plus were just as loud as a 12-15k attended game. Because there are usually only 6000 people at those games that actually stand and make noise.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        The basketball games were huge in attendance either. It could have been a full day, one trip to Brookings for fans. Seems like it would have been a good weekend to come. The 6000 plus were just as loud as a 12-15k attended game. Because there are usually only 6000 people at those games that actually stand and make noise.
        I agree with this. I thought the 6K were as loud or louder more consistently than some of our big crowds

Especially when the Jacks were on defense

Comment

An NDSU fan informed me that their playoff game last weekend offered a $20, $30 & $40 ticket option. I hope the SDSU Athletic Office learns from this. Cheaper ticket options are needed in our market. Put a price on the tickets to make the fans think about going rather than discouraging them. Enough from me about the ticket price. Time to move on to beating the Bison.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

All 6000 of us were into the game Saturday. Frequently very loud in 106

Comment

I agree with this. I thought the 6K were as loud or louder more consistently than some of our big crowds

Especially when the Jacks were on defense
              Plus, was able to stand the whole game and not have anyone ask us to sit down!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                An NDSU fan informed me that their playoff game last weekend offered a $20, $30 & $40 ticket option. I hope the SDSU Athletic Office learns from this. Cheaper ticket options are needed in our market. Put a price on the tickets to make the fans think about going rather than discouraging them. Enough from me about the ticket price. Time to move on to beating the Bison.

Go Rabbits!
                This ^^^
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

Go Rabbits!
                  Was the ticket price the issue? Reserved season tickets were $30/game for the year. They went up $10 for this game.

As for club seats, it would have been good if somewhere in the process of selling the tickets that they disclosed that alcoholic beverages were not allowed into the stadium. That was disappointing but wasn't a big deal to us. Just be up front with that and nobody would've had an issue.

I was very disappointed in the turnout. For those that didn't come, they missed out. That said, those that were there made some serious noise!

On to Fargo!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    This ^^^
                    Those prices likely corresponded to the prices they'd charge for their most expensive regular season game, in order to comply with NCAA ticket pricing regulations, correct? For example, SDSU had to charge me $47 for my ticket because that was the price for the USD game.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      As for club seats, it would have been good if somewhere in the process of selling the tickets that they disclosed that alcoholic beverages were not allowed into the stadium. That was disappointing but wasn't a big deal to us. Just be up front with that and nobody would've had an issue.
                      So for this game, they couldn't sell beer, even in the club seats because of NCAA regulations? Or are you saying that you couldn't bring beer from outside of the stadium into the stadium...? Can you do this regularly? The post along with the post in another thread about how a couple guys were mad they couldn't bring their beers in have me confused.

Comment

I wasn't in the club seats but was next to them. I sounded like, from the confrontation that was next to me, that they could have beer in the club room, but it had to say in there. They could have beer in the loge and suites but not in the stadium bowl. Normally they could bring them to their seats but I guess NCAA told them they can't do that. The group of guys were rather upset (I guess I would have been too because it was in the third quarter and they had been drinking up there the whole game before this), but calmed down once told the NCAA was making them do this and was out of SDSU hands. They then left the club seats, don't know if they just left or just kept drinking in the club room.
                        Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          So for this game, they couldn't sell beer, even in the club seats because of NCAA regulations? Or are you saying that you couldn't bring beer from outside of the stadium into the stadium...? Can you do this regularly? The post along with the post in another thread about how a couple guys were mad they couldn't bring their beers in have me confused.
                          The beer is included in the price of the club seats and for regular games they can bring them into the stadium. For this game they had to stay in the club room.

Could have all been cleared up ahead of time by letting people know that it would be different for the playoffs as per NCAA rules.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            The beer is included in the price of the club seats and for regular games they can bring them into the stadium. For this game they had to stay in the club room.

Could have all been cleared up ahead of time by letting people know that it would be different for the playoffs as per NCAA rules.

SUPERBUNNY
                            Oh, that makes more sense. It sounded like you were talking about bringing them in from the outside of the stadium, I was confused.

Comment

As with most late season - cold weather - low attendance games for us, this one proved to be another memorable game. The crowd was into it, as the only ones there were the diehards. It was a fun atmosphere. When I went back and watched the game on ESPN3, it actually seemed really loud on TV.

Comment

NCAA policy for post-season National Tournament play (not conference tourneys) restricts facilities from serving alcohol outside of suites or club rooms. SDSU had no choice in the matter.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X