Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Prolly had too much wool on your feet. Made your feet sweat. Once they sweat your feet WILL get cold no matter how many pairs of socks you use.
    Remember to always use a sweat sock liner to wick away perspiration. Makes a difference to me especially with sweaty feet that get cold.

Comment

I just counted 6,306 unsold tickets on GoJacks. With easy math here, 19,000-6,000 = 13,000 fans in attendance. What am I missing here, for all of you throwing out guesses in the 6-10,000 range?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Literally, I go insane with the layers.

Top half: Long sleeve thermal, short sleeve T, 2 long sleeve T's, a hoodie, a windbreaker, and a huge winter coat.
        Bottom half: tighty whities, thermal long johns, pajama pants, jogging pants, flannel lined jeans and coveralls.
        Feet: ankle socks, knee high socks, snowmobile socks winter boots

I stay perfectly warm.
        Whatever works, go with it. I use normal clothing with a snug, old fashioned snowmobile suit and coat and carry in a larger insulated coveralls in case I need it. (usually not) Typical ice fishing equipment if not using a shelter, which I rarely do. When done, just slip out of the snowmobile suit and ready to go anywhere. (restaurant, bar, ?) You can roll up coveralls smaller than what you might think. Army training, I guess.

Comment

Could be like the Packer fans at Lambeau and just get some Carhartts.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
            I just counted 6,306 unsold tickets on GoJacks. With easy math here, 19,000-6,000 = 13,000 fans in attendance. What am I missing here, for all of you throwing out guesses in the 6-10,000 range?
            I do know of one person who bought both season tickets knowing her hubby will not attend. There could be a few of those.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I do know of one person who bought both season tickets knowing her hubby will not attend. There could be a few of those.
              There is also the issue of student tickets and not knowing how many students will be attending. I think that is about 3,000 that aren't accounted for in the ticketing sales website.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

19,000 would indicate a full student section which I'm assuming won't happen. There are also sections not open to the public. I'm thinking those tickets are for businesses and those sections rarely sell out.

Comment

Because there will be 6-7,000 people there.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All valid reasons... I wasn't thinking about a low student turnout or businesses having some tickets. I don't get to attend too many games anymore, but I have attended nearly every single late season cold weather game that there has been the last several years (Illinois State 2008, UND 2010, every home game in 2012 plus both Fargo games, UNI, KU, EIU, UNI 2013, USD 2014, USD 2016). The late season cold weather games have always proved to be very memorable for a lot of the fans in attendance. Lots of standing all game long. Lots of cheering.

One thing that I just find odd is that this is FCS Playoff Football. If, for example, the Women's Basketball were one of the top teams in the country and hosting a team in the 2nd round of the WNIT, you can bet that Frost would be rocking and nearly sold out. Not a great comparison, indoors vs. outdoors, start of winter vs. end of winter/early spring, Frost Capacity vs. DJDS Capacity, etc. but as good as I could come up with.

Comment

The second round of the FCS Playoffs attendance in 2015 had 6124(ISUr), 7277(Richmond), 8022(Portland St), 8451(Charleston So), 13,493(McNeese St), 15,045(James Madison), 18,232(NDSU), and 21,452(Jacksonville St).
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Unfortunately, the only way 13,000 South Dakotans are showing up to watch a football game this time of year is if it is being played in Lincoln NE. Maybe someday... I have to work but I'll be rushing to catch the second half on ESPN3.

Comment

Because the student section plus section 115 & 116 are reserved so always show "sold out". I believe that section 115 & 116 are promotional tickets. It just depends on how many people take those tickets up. Also -- premium seating isn't counted in the Gojacks online ticket area.

So take out premium seating -- 3,000 (I'm guessing)
                          Student Section (+115 & 116) --- 5,000 (I'm guessing)

Total of 8,000 tickets not counted when you add up the "available tickets" on Gojacks.com. So my basic math tells me this:

19,000-8,000=11,000

11,000-6,306 (Remaining tickets)= approximate 4,694 tickets (not counting premium or student section seats) sold for the game. It will all depend on how many students show up if us "die hards" are happy with the attendance or not.

Comment

I don't know why people keep beating this horse... It's dead. There's not much to it, there are 3 factors going against us:

1. Population
                            2. Past Success
                            3. Weather

If you look at other attendance numbers there's a direct correlation to one or more of these factors. We have all 3 going against us. The only one we can swing is the past success factor. If we make a run to the championship and win it, I'll guarantee you'll see our attendance numbers go up. If we have continued success (multiple deep runs into the playoffs in subsequent years), those numbers can be sustained. Until we make multiple deep runs or win a natty, I think people should stop complaining about it and just live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I don't know why people keep beating this horse... It's dead. There's not much to it, there are 3 factors going against us:

1. Population
                              2. Past Success
                              3. Weather

If you look at other attendance numbers there's a direct correlation to one or more of these factors. We have all 3 going against us. The only one we can swing is the past success factor. If we make a run to the championship and win it, I'll guarantee you'll see our attendance numbers go up. If we have continued success (multiple deep runs into the playoffs in subsequent years), those numbers can be sustained. Until we make multiple deep runs or win a natty, I think people should stop complaining about it and just live with it.
                              4. Ticket prices
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                4. Ticket prices
                                Does no one in Sioux Falls make any money? This is the second post from a Sioux Falls fan complaining about the ticket price.

Comment

Working...
                                X