Playoffs 2016: Nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

If I remember correctly, it was cloudy for that EIU game. Sunshine this Saturday should help, especially on the east side.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      There will be a lot more then 6200 seats available after today when the release the season ticket holder seats. Season ticket holders have until the end of today to buy their allotted seats. I'll say again, if we get 10K in the house on Saturday I will be a happy man.
      Not sure if they just haven't updated it yet, but I did a quick estimation and it looks like there are about 6300 tickets left (2500 on the West, 3800 on the East).

Comment

Whatever the total attendance, I really hope the students show up. They make such a huge difference in the atmosphere.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I won't be able to make the game this weekend. We will be in Omaha. Is there anyone on this board that could give me recommendations on any bars that would maybe have the game on? I"m not real familiar with the Omaha area bars. It looks like all of the playoff games this week are part of the ESPN College Extra package.
          Thanks.

Comment

Ask bars of interest if can stream espn3 games. Found a bar in Baton Rouge with Rocu Stick, and celebrated the Jacks first win in Fargo this season. Stuff the DJD Saturday Jacks fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
              I won't be able to make the game this weekend. We will be in Omaha. Is there anyone on this board that could give me recommendations on any bars that would maybe have the game on? I"m not real familiar with the Omaha area bars. It looks like all of the playoff games this week are part of the ESPN College Extra package.
              Thanks.
              Any bar with that package should be able to get it. I think most Buffalo Wild Wings have it.

Ben's Bar in Yankton will have the game.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Agree with all of the above. Reality is we still don't have a large enough hard-core fan base that will be their regardless of the ticket price, weather or vast array of other priorities on Saturday afternoon. If we hit more than 7,000 I will be pleasantly shocked! The apathy for late season/post season games is fairly prevalent in FCS with a few exceptions like in Fargo.
                I've been to all the late season games and this is the most realistic statement so far. Even 7,000 would surprise me. I'm all for surprises.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  I was at the EIU game as well and the only place I noticed the cold were my feet. The rest of me was perfectly fine, but apparently doubling up on wool socks wasn't enough.

Even with cold toes, I enjoyed the experience and didn't regret it for a second. Plus I now get to say I saw a future NFL QB play live, even though the Jacks D didn't make him look like one in that game.
                  Go to Wal-Mart and buy the Foot warmers that hunters use. They also make hand and body warmers. They make a big difference.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands-...s-3ct/19418992

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I've been to all the late season games and this is the most realistic statement so far. Even 7,000 would surprise me. I'm all for surprises.
                    Unless we have a huge walk up crowd and student turn out, I think right around 7,000 is the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                      Thanks.
                      DJ's Dugout in downtown Omaha will have it. They carry everything. I watched NDSU/SDSU there this year.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Any bar with that package should be able to get it. I think most Buffalo Wild Wings have it.

Ben's Bar in Yankton will have the game.
                        Just gonna piggyback off this real quick, but for anyone in the Watertown area or passing through, Harry's in uptown always shows Jackrabbit games. They've got great food and 30ish taps, no liquor though, and they are kid friendly. I believe the couple that owns it are both young SDSU alums. I've caught 5 games there this season including last weeks Valley clincher. I assume they will show BB games, but last season I caught the SL Tourney at The Lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          I was at the EIU game as well and the only place I noticed the cold were my feet. The rest of me was perfectly fine, but apparently doubling up on wool socks wasn't enough.

Even with cold toes, I enjoyed the experience and didn't regret it for a second. Plus I now get to say I saw a future NFL QB play live, even though the Jacks D didn't make him look like one in that game.
                          Prolly had too much wool on your feet. Made your feet sweat. Once they sweat your feet WILL get cold no matter how many pairs of socks you use.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            See, I don't even remember EIU being that cold people...a testament to how exciting playoff football is...you don't even feel the weather!

Well, that and I look like this, except blue, not red....
                            Mommy, I've got to go potty!!

Comment

I sprung for 7 club level seats. It's history in the making as far as I'm concerned and I'm going to be there if I can. On call the next weekend so this is my chance. The key to staying warm is layers. Use sock liners and yes the warmers for hands and feet are golden. I went to the Viking playoff game last year and my feet only froze after about halftime. That was WAY COLDER. Heck 30 degrees is warm as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                                Go to Wal-Mart and buy the Foot warmers that hunters use. They also make hand and body warmers. They make a big difference.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands-...s-3ct/19418992
                                We bought hand, foot and body warmers last weekend. We are ready for the game. Plus i bought 2 club tickets and told my wife it was her Christmas present. Now we never buy each other anything for Christmas so it was a bonus for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X