Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Well, I guess I didn't figure he'd say much different. Vinny bailed him out!

In my mind, there is no logical reason to make those timeout calls. Water under the bridge.

My hope is that he learns from it and doesn't let his overthinking get in the way of things. Stig has had a great year up until then. In particular, I loved the aggressive nature in which the game in Fargo was called. Going for it on 4th downs even though they didn't work sent the message to our team and theirs that we were there to win.

Call the game the same way in Fargo next week and let the players make the plays! This team is capable of winning the whole shebang! Don't get so darned conservative.

SUPERBUNNY

I'll Agree, Stig and Co. Get Credit for calling games much better than in the past, and in quite a few instances putting us in a position to win because of the aggressive play calling. I'd say it's the best I've seen the coaching staff do (but that's just my opinion) Nobody's perfect and I would likely be a terrible coach. But can we get #3 to throw the ball away!!! Arrrgh!

Comment

Read through this thread and saw a few posts about a few fans and their comments.

Did anyone else notice the two men who "were Jacks fans" but were so pissed off because of the NCAA rule to not allow them to take their beers into the stadium? They put on quite a show. Promising to cancel their tickets, get out of their 10 year contract, and never give a dime to the school again. They cheered loud for Villanove the rest of the game.

It was an embarrassing display! I certainly won't say who they were but my hope is that they read this and understand how they made total asses of themselves.

SUPERBUNNY
      Wow, if you cant make it a half without having an alcoholic beverage, then you have a lot more problems than making an ass of yourself. Where in the club seats were they? I was in 205 but never heard or saw anything going on.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I thought that was a great game to watch and a great atmosphere. As MD notes -- THAT WAS PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!. It was old-school, hard-nosed defense by both teams.

I've been to all the late-season playoff games in the snow and I have a hard time believing people want to miss a game like that. Just put on the right clothing and enjoy! During the first half, I commented that I wished the temp would drop another five degrees so that the snow wouldn't turn to water the minute it hit everything.

Saturday's game atmosphere clearly confirms the wisdom in not building a dome.
        Can't help but comment on this...atmosphere was awesome...one of my all time favorite game day experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1-state View Post
          Can't help but comment on this...atmosphere was awesome...one of my all time favorite game day experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          While was enjoying ESPN3 coverage on my laptop, their camera was focus on the field. I kept hearing all this crowd noise, and wondered, did Villanova bring fans? NO that was our crowd. I proud of you. You did make noise.

Comment

Read through this thread and saw a few posts about a few fans and their comments.

Did anyone else notice the two men who "were Jacks fans" but were so pissed off because of the NCAA rule to not allow them to take their beers into the stadium? They put on quite a show. Promising to cancel their tickets, get out of their 10 year contract, and never give a dime to the school again. They cheered loud for Villanove the rest of the game.

It was an embarrassing display! I certainly won't say who they were but my hope is that they read this and understand how they made total asses of themselves.

SUPERBUNNY
            Why didn't they just bring liquor in flasks, like normal fans.....
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Why didn't they just bring liquor in flasks, like normal fans.....
              Exactly. I even saw a small bottle of fireball being passed around not too far from where I sit. Good way to keep warm.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Exactly. I even saw a small bottle of fireball being passed around not too far from where I sit. Good way to keep warm.
                That was 2 rows right above us. I wonder if Filbert got in the festivities of passing around of the Fireball?

Comment

SUPERBUNNY
                  This is borne out of ignorance. I remember the first time I went to the basketball national championships at the Metrodome and spent 20 mins trying to find a beer.........only to be told later that NCAA policy for National Tournaments prohibits the sale and consumption of beer outside of Club rooms or Suites. I think SDSU could have done a better job of making people aware of this. Imagine if you dropped $200 for those seats based on the understanding you had the same privilege as the Club seat policy described? You can see how someone might be upset.

Oh well. It happens.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    This is borne out of ignorance. I remember the first time I went to the basketball national championships at the Metrodome and spent 20 mins trying to find a beer.........only to be told later that NCAA policy for National Tournaments prohibits the sale and consumption of beer outside of Club rooms or Suites. I think SDSU could have done a better job of making people aware of this. Imagine if you dropped $200 for those seats based on the understanding you had the same privilege as the Club seat policy described? You can see how someone might be upset.

Oh well. It happens.
                    I for one hopeful that this becomes the norm as it will mean we are playing many games under the NCAA's oppressive tyranny.

Comment

Oh well. It happens.
                      I agree with why someone might be upset. But to go to the level that they did was, well, I guess I covered that.

I agree with Jackedforlife and his post. If we could only be so lucky as to be exposed to more of the NCAA's goofy rules!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I agree with why someone might be upset. But to go to the level that they did was, well, I guess I covered that.

I agree with Jackedforlife and his post. If we could only be so lucky as to be exposed to more of the NCAA's goofy rules!

SUPERBUNNY
                        Speaking of goofy rules... Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind no advertising in playoff games except for NCAA approved ads?

Comment

Speaking of goofy rules... Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind no advertising in playoff games except for NCAA approved ads?

NCAA's oppressive tyranny,

Comment

SUPERBUNNY
                            Understood. I'm not trying to justify the behavior. Sounds like they were drunk and not very reasonable, imagine that combination......
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Understood. I'm not trying to justify the behavior. Sounds like they were drunk and not very reasonable, imagine that combination......
                              Been there done that.

Comment

Also does the NCAA prohibit cowbells for playoff games?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X