Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    I love TC, but he panics at the worst times some times. He turned a non-existent 3 man rush into a big factor more than once. He played like he did against USD in the Dome last year.
    Agree. TC is phenomenal but he needs to develop a little more trust in the pocket. That will happen I'm sure. Hopefully by Saturday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With our big new cozy stadium it's hard to tell when it is windy down on the field, when you have your back to a huge protective shielding press box it seems like everything is calm. All in all though it was pretty nice weather and I kind of liked the snow felt like playoffs and had a great atmosphere.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        This might have been my group if it was at the top of 120 and right at the 50. Sorry about that! We were 100% kidding and saying it more to mock the annoying people that have been hounding Zimmer this season about TC's play and didn't think we were saying it that loud. More of just a joke to each other. For the record, I love TC and have no problem with his play this year. Yes, Saturday was his worst game of the year, but in no way did I actually want Lujan to come in.
        I don't think it was you then. It didn't sound like the guy was near the top of the section.

By no means did him or the gent in front of us ruin the game, and I've witnessed much worse. I would just like to see people make more noise when the Jacks are on D than they do shouting about poor offensive or special teams play (the one guy also ridiculed Hale for the touchback on the punt). Unfortunately, they also were not making the Lujan comments in jest, like your crew.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Agree. TC is phenomenal but he needs to develop a little more trust in the pocket. That will happen I'm sure. Hopefully by Saturday.
          No doubt this game was a real test of his skills. The Villa coach talked a little bit about working on pass rushes a bit, so they spent their week looking at our film. That coach has a number of good things to say about SDSU.

I would hope schools like Villanova would consider future home and home games in the future. We played Delaware a few years back and I believe they bought out of a return home game, or maybe that was a just a one game series.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            That was playoff football. Defense really stepped up in a big way. Punting was critical and Hale did a great job. I though the OLine was great too.....
            I thought that was a great game to watch and a great atmosphere. As MD notes -- THAT WAS PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!. It was old-school, hard-nosed defense by both teams.

I've been to all the late-season playoff games in the snow and I have a hard time believing people want to miss a game like that. Just put on the right clothing and enjoy! During the first half, I commented that I wished the temp would drop another five degrees so that the snow wouldn't turn to water the minute it hit everything.

Saturday's game atmosphere clearly confirms the wisdom in not building a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              I don't think it was you then. It didn't sound like the guy was near the top of the section.

By no means did him or the gent in front of us ruin the game, and I've witnessed much worse. I would just like to see people make more noise when the Jacks are on D than they do shouting about poor offensive or special teams play (the one guy also ridiculed Hale for the touchback on the punt). Unfortunately, they also were not making the Lujan comments in jest, like your crew.
              I'd be lying if I wasn't wondering if bringing in Lujan for a series would have been a good idea. TC was just off. He missed several receivers that were open just due to accuracy and hit a Nova guy right in the facemask with a pass which he thankfully dropped. Not sure if his struggles were nerves, the conditions, or the Nova D. Thankfully we found a way to win even though we were less than our best on offense. The defense was great.

Comment

We also thought Lujan deserved a try in the 3rd. TC just wasn't getting it done for reasons we could not identify (not that we know much about that sort of thing).
                We roundly panned the timeouts which allowed Nova the touchdown. We didn't understand that sequence of events at all. Not at all.

Comment

Stig's response to the timeouts...

https://youtu.be/uqImB8Juw_A?t=12m28s

Comment

Read through this thread and saw a few posts about a few fans and their comments.

Did anyone else notice the two men who "were Jacks fans" but were so pissed off because of the NCAA rule to not allow them to take their beers into the stadium? They put on quite a show. Promising to cancel their tickets, get out of their 10 year contract, and never give a dime to the school again. They cheered loud for Villanove the rest of the game.

It was an embarrassing display! I certainly won't say who they were but my hope is that they read this and understand how they made total asses of themselves.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Not what I wanted to hear, but you got to take the good with the bad when it comes to coaches. The thing about Coach Stig is, the good so far out weighs the bad.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Well, I guess I didn't figure he'd say much different. Vinny bailed him out!

In my mind, there is no logical reason to make those timeout calls. Water under the bridge.

My hope is that he learns from it and doesn't let his overthinking get in the way of things. Stig has had a great year up until then. In particular, I loved the aggressive nature in which the game in Fargo was called. Going for it on 4th downs even though they didn't work sent the message to our team and theirs that we were there to win.

Call the game the same way in Fargo next week and let the players make the plays! This team is capable of winning the whole shebang! Don't get so darned conservative.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

In my mind, there is no logical reason to make those timeout calls. Water under the bridge.

My hope is that he learns from it and doesn't let his overthinking get in the way of things. Stig has had a great year up until then. In particular, I loved the aggressive nature in which the game in Fargo was called. Going for it on 4th downs even though they didn't work sent the message to our team and theirs that we were there to win.

Call the game the same way in Fargo next week and let the players make the plays! This team is capable of winning the whole shebang! Don't get so darned conservative.

SUPERBUNNY
                          I'm telling ya, we aren't going to run as much as we did the first game because NDSU is going to be ready for it. I think we are going to air it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

SUPERBUNNY
                            Even after a day of reflection he thinks he used those TO's right? One obviously saved THEM from a delay of game penalty! I'm over it but wow.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              I'm telling ya, we aren't going to run as much as we did the first game because NDSU is going to be ready for it. I think we are going to air it out.
                              I agree with you. They can defend the run. I don't think they have an answer for the passing game. TC is the key. If he is accurate like the last game then we will be in great shape. That opens up everything. Play to win baby!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

The nova game is gone. Thank god those horrible decisions to take the two timeouts at the end of the half didn't cost the Jacks the game. Both plays would have been delay of game without the time out being called and nova would have kicked from the 11 after the first time out. I sure hope the coaches discuss those mistakes and get it together. If Stig calls them, who watches the play clock because this part of time management needs better decisions before it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X