Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    What happened to Wallace? We could have used some of his burst of speed. Really enjoyed the environment of a playoff game. Most fans standing on 3rd down making a lot of noise. True hardcore fans and students there yesterday!
    Someone on here said he was involved in an off the field accident.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      What happened to Wallace? We could have used some of his burst of speed. Really enjoyed the environment of a playoff game. Most fans standing on 3rd down making a lot of noise. True hardcore fans and students there yesterday!
      Wallace was out with a concussion I heard

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        Wallace was out with a concussion I heard
        Car accident over Thanksgiving break.

Comment

The Nova defense should get a bit of respect for their game yesterday. 197 net yards by the Jackrabbits is more defense than play calling. I was hoping for more passing yesterday for the offense, but the conditions were a little tough for passing overall. Tip your hat to the Nova defense and look forward to the next round in Fargo.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            I was in Section 120. The one guy is a regular who is not a fan of any of the coaches, a fact he's made known during multiple games. He also likes to point out that "everyone has a scholarship" which should be pulled immediately if/when the player makes a mistake.
            I was also in 120 (first time, season ticket friends seats) and I about went and slapped that stupid ****er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are bad fans everywhere. I was in 104, and there was a couple there too.

Most of them were great, though.

Let's give some props for the team for battling through. And Villanova's defense did play a tremendous game. But, the Jackrabbits helped them out by dropping a couple, and as mentioned numerous times... Taryn struggled with placement all day. But it was a swirling wind, and I'm sure the snow played into it a bit.

Very proud of the team, and the coaching staff for finding a way to win. I feel like in the past, the Jacks wouldn't win a game like that...things not going our way, but this year's squad was able to battle through it.

On to Fargo. Who will be out for blood. Not like they aren't always.

Comment

I visited NCAA.com this evening. There's a short video report for each of Saturday's FCS playoff game. The clip on SDSU's 10-7 win over Villanova ends with the audio saying the 40 yard kick was by Gerard Smith. (Villanova's kicker is Gerard Smith.)

i have already sent an email the the NCAA pointing out the error. Let's hope it is corrected tomorrow morning.

one would think Smith would want that correction made as ASAP- sounds like he gave the game away for his team by going over to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I visited NCAA.com this evening. There's a short video report for each of Saturday's FCS playoff game. The clip on SDSU's 10-7 win over Villanova ends with the audio saying the 40 yard kick was by Gerard Smith.

i have already sent an email the the NCAA pointing out the error. Let's hope it is corrected tomorrow morning.
                  They really must've wanted a 'Nova win

Comment

I wonder if we could see more screens.

FgoMhdJeff (sp?) mentioned in Zimmer's latest chat that the Bison lost two other defensive players since the last time Jacks played them. If true, I would be curious who they are and whether that could impact the game plan.
                    This first sentence is it. I kept telling the guy I went to the game with I can't believe they didn't do more with screen game and other shorter passes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I visited NCAA.com this evening. There's a short video report for each of Saturday's FCS playoff game. The clip on SDSU's 10-7 win over Villanova ends with the audio saying the 40 yard kick was by Gerard Smith. (Villanova's kicker is Gerard Smith.)

one would think Smith would want that correction made as ASAP- sounds like he gave the game away for his team by going over to the other side.
                      I am thinking they thought the name Vinteri to be some sort of typo. Yes ?

Comment

Wish I hadn't heard it either, but like I said, I've been at every game, and the one dude makes a habit of making comments like that.
                        Are they all dressed in striped bib overalls? If so, they would be the reason I moved from where I was last year

Honest answer from me, I didn't yell for Lujan, but I did say to one of my friends that we needed to just bring Taryn out for a play and just settle him down, and then put him right back in. I think he had some nerves.
                        They also need to work on their cleat situation, I didn't see Nova slipping all over. It didn't look like the Jacks even practiced outside. The SJAC is nice but I hope they are doing some work outdoors. On the other hand, I wonder how much playing on turf has helped SDSU when they go into other stadiums now. I fully expect NDSU to open all the doors to the Fargodome to create a swirling wind pattern on Saturday.....
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          Are they all dressed in striped bib overalls? If so they would be the reason I moved from where I was last year
                          Not the guy I'm thinking of. The other guy was above and behind us, and I didn't look back; he was less vocal and only called for subbing Lujan a couple times

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            Are they all dressed in striped bib overalls? If so, they would be the reason I moved from where I was last year
                            Actually, they did everyone a favor and moved in front of the opponents fan section in the front row. That way they could do their "Dirty Program" cheer right to the other fan base...
                            Last edited by SteelSD; 12-05-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Not the guy I'm thinking of. The other guy was above and behind us, and I didn't look back; he was less vocal and only called for subbing Lujan a couple times

This might have been my group if it was at the top of 120 and right at the 50. Sorry about that! We were 100% kidding and saying it more to mock the annoying people that have been hounding Zimmer this season about TC's play and didn't think we were saying it that loud. More of just a joke to each other. For the record, I love TC and have no problem with his play this year. Yes, Saturday was his worst game of the year, but in no way did I actually want Lujan to come in.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

That was playoff football. Defense really stepped up in a big way. Punting was critical and Hale did a great job. I though the OLine was great too. TC was definitely off, that can happen when you're young and playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time. Have to give Villanova a lot of credit, they were well prepared. I'm glad they don't have much faith in their kickers.

I thought the Jacks were a little too conservative on offense but also recognize that the conditions weren't optimal. Our guys made some huge plays, especially on D. Both teams had some critical mental and physical errors but nothing obscene. Survive and advance, 1-0, that's what it's about.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X