X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Milwaukee

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Nagy left the guard cupboard pretty bare
    I don't think any of us really realized just how bare. I've said it before, there is a reason Nagy choose last year to leave the program.

College basketball is a guard driven game, and we just didn't have the horses to compete right away. Add to tha5 a (mostly) new staff and it was a recipe for a disaster to start out. That being said, I have seen flashes of what this team is trying to accomplish and where they want to go.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Re: GDT: Milwaukee

It was really great to see the guys play well and get a W yesterday. They had a different energy yesterday and they all fed off that.

Yep, it's been a tough start to say the least. My hope is that everyone takes confidence from that game and keeps moving forward. Personally, I saw progress in the other two games but abysmal shooting took them down. Having three games in a row was good for them to work some kinks out. A lot of positive things happened in those three games. First, defensively the team played well in all three games. Sergio El-Darwich emerged as a very viable option at the point. He took care of the ball well, he had a few good takes, and appears to be a good passer. Plus, his length in zone defense is a real plus. Mike Daum is a warrior. He is having everything in the book thrown at him because he is our best option offensively. When the offense goes through him great things happen. Yesterday he was simply awesome both shooting and passing. Finally, it was great to see Flatten playing and being effective. He's one of the best athletes on the team and is weapon offensively. Whatever he needs to do defensively as others have said, I hope he gets it figured out because we need him in there.

One last observation. I can only imagine how frustrating this stretch has been for everyone involved with the team. Let's face it, you don't get to this level as a player or coach by losing. Every one of these guys is used to winning, in particular the guys that have been in the program for a few years. With a new coach, system, and players it is understandable that there would be struggles. Heck, we've been pretty spoiled as fans around here to have had the same coaches in the Big 3 sports for 16 plus years. That doesn't happen anywhere. Glad it did here. Things have changed in MBB and we all hope for the better. There is no doubt that the players and coaches on this team want that more than any of us fans. This is our team and TJ is our coach. What we can do is have some patience, support the team, and let the process happens. The conference games are what matters. The conference tournament is what matters. Everything is a build up to that.

Let's enjoy the rest of the football season until it is over and then focus on the MBB and WBB teams. We have a team capable of winning the whole damn thing. So, let's do it! It will be a tough road but to win a title you'd expect nothing else. So, if you are a hardcore MBB and WBB suppotrter, I'd encourage you to put on the woolies and get to The Dana this Saturday and support these guys. They have a fantastic opportunity.

Off the soap box!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
      X