GDT: Milwaukee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Milwaukee

Has anybody heard anything about Orris? Is he hurt, been a bad boy or just that not good? Can't recall when last he has been on the court?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
      Although encouraging, let's not get carried away by this win. Milwaukee was picked to finish last in the Horizon league https://www.google.com/amp/wbay.com/...ndroid-verizon and basically played the first half without their best player. I do hope this was a step in the right direction!
      Oh. I'll admit I thought UW-M was supposed to be pretty good.

Either way, a confidence builder for the guys I'm sure.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Rant: There are also a number of people on this board who can verify the lazy nature of Ian Theisen. I find that over the top genius. For those who look at the lazy guy numbers for 2015-16 would have a difficult time finding endorsement for his inability to play the game. Please look at his 17.3 minutes per game before whining about this post. I would rather visit about facts and not rumor. You will even see that he led the team in personal fouls, but he did not lead the team in fouling out. That honor went to the guy who usually guarded the best ball handler from the other team. Meanwhile, Theisen has not been healthy for 2016-17 and there has been some drop in production and I cannot disagree that he has not been a big contributor. Meanwhile, it seems odd that someone wants to put a player on a bus home when he has someone else for his fantasy team. If you recall some earlier games, there were more than one player who could not drop the ball and hit the floor. Some of those players even had a little bench time during this search for team identity. Today's game helped heal some of those tough stats.
        I guess I will blame it on my Masters Degree from USD that I don't understand this post at all. I assume you disagree with me, but I can't decipher your post to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          Has anybody heard anything about Orris? Is he hurt, been a bad boy or just that not good? Can't recall when last he has been on the court?
          I just think hes not very good. Look at his numbers from NIU last year. Not very impressive. I think he was brought in because we were desperate. Nagy left the guard cupboard pretty bare. Best case for Norris is he provides some role player minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            I liked this starting line-up and to see Flatten return. We really need him.
            The TV guys talked about the coaches being frustrated with Skylar. Hinted that was the reason he hadn't played the previous two games. Evidently he's not doing something the coaches were asking. At this level it's about doing the little things consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
              I guess I will blame it on my Masters Degree from USD that I don't understand this post at all. I assume you disagree with me, but I can't decipher your post to know for sure.
              It may not have included statistical basis for the study. Perhaps philosophy or politics?? I understood your post as a cut against a player on the team and I cannot understand that either. I would not be too hard on the place down south as a basis for your comprehension. I apologize for assuming your lack of respect for a student athlete(s). It should have been a shorter sentence and condescending.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Maybe we turned a corner.
                I said maybe which is not an absolute term. WMU beat Irvine which we failed in two attempts. They may finish much higher than last in the Horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  It may not have included statistical basis for the study. Perhaps philosophy or politics?? I understood your post as a cut against a player on the team and I cannot understand that either. I would not be too hard on the place down south as a basis for your comprehension. I apologize for assuming your lack of respect for a student athlete(s). It should have been a shorter sentence and condescending.
                  Actually, your post came off much more as someone trying to put together enough arbitrary concepts to hope the other person is fooled into thinking you known more than you actually do. And since this is a message board I actually have a right to have an opinion, even if it runs contrary to yours. I especially love how you understand the numbers don't back up your point of view, so you have some garbage about fouls committed without fouling out and fantasy.... Not sure what that has to do with anything. This simple fact I posted that some people would not agree with posts others made on here, and here you are. Target me though with nonsensical posts though if it actually makes you feel smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    The TV guys talked about the coaches being frustrated with Skylar. Hinted that was the reason he hadn't played the previous two games. Evidently he's not doing something the coaches were asking. At this level it's about doing the little things consistently.
                    Holefully he learned his lesson and can use it as motivation moving forward. He really looked good at the last home game and seems like someone that can bring a good scoring punch. Plus, he is very athletic and could be a good defender if properly motivated to do so.

Comment

I said during the ETSU game that SDSU was a bad basketball team. I'll stand behind that statement, at that time.

I understand that after that game, there was a players-only meeting of the team.

The team I saw play Milwaukee was an entirely different one than the team that played ETSU.

More of that one, please.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I said during the ETSU game that SDSU was a bad basketball team. I'll stand behind that statement, at that time.

I understand that after that game, there was a players-only meeting of the team.

The team I saw play Milwaukee was an entirely different one than the team that played ETSU.

More of that one, please.
                        Everyone is in entitled to their opinion, even moderators. That said I suspect that even TJ would agree with your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          Actually, your post came off much more as someone trying to put together enough arbitrary concepts to hope the other person is fooled into thinking you known more than you actually do. And since this is a message board I actually have a right to have an opinion, even if it runs contrary to yours. I especially love how you understand the numbers don't back up your point of view, so you have some garbage about fouls committed without fouling out and fantasy.... Not sure what that has to do with anything. This simple fact I posted that some people would not agree with posts others made on here, and here you are. Target me though with nonsensical posts though if it actually makes you feel smarter.
                          One more reply since it has been teed up so nicely. Also, please realize this part is light since you seem to be a great fellow most of the time. I apologize for using player stats to refute the said player's incompetence. It was never my intent to curb your first amendment rights, but I always like to see the numbers to agree. The fouls committed was assuming you may seriously look at the referred player's resume in his role on the team. I would have expected that foul stat the first stat used in any counter. The smarter remark can be attributed to the Holiday Inn Express concept since I had 2 people with master degrees and 2 people with PHD degrees sleep in my house over the Thanksgiving holidays which should explain itself if you have ever seen that commercial. Your referral to your post grad degree has me more confused. Once again, please excuse any coarseness I may have exhibited while I return to my safe space and coloring book.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I am thinking with the new defense scheme, would there be less opportunity for Thiesen to foul? That seems to be his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I am thinking with the new defense scheme, would there be less opportunity for Thiesen to foul? That seems to be his downfall.
                              Even more importantly, it'll keep Daum out of foul trouble.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I've defended Ian in the past. Mostly, the lazy comments. Something tells me that Scott Nagy wouldn't play (and start) a lazy player every game of the year. I don't know, however, how well Ian will fit in with Coach O.'s schemes. I don't think you can space the floor well enough with him and Daum out there together. I liked how we look yesterday, and someone mentioned it, but it's because we could space the floor and run everything through Daum. I think Ian is solid and unspectacular, but certainly not a lazy player.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X