Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Milwaukee

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Not a big loss. Healthy or not he is giving us nothing on either end of the floor.
    Careful, there are people on this board that will tell you how solid he is on offense and defense... Granted, I think they are the same people who thought Lujan should be playing ahead of Taryn!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Careful, there are people on this board that will tell you how solid he is on offense and defense... Granted, I think they are the same people who thought Lujan should be playing ahead of Taryn!
      Yeah I am not one of them.

Comment

Good win. Hopefully that gets the monkey off the back a bit.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I like El Darwich in the starting line-up. Seemed to play at a better pace and have a calming influence on the offense as opposed to Gentry who plays like his hair's on fire. Plus having King running the baseline in the 1-3-1 gives a lot more size and rebounding ability than Gentry. I just don't know if Gentry is big enough to play starter minutes. He could be more effective coming off the bench and providing a change of pace.

Comment

All teams look better when they make shots. Excellent game today. Mike was awesome. Milwaukee didn't have an answer for him.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I like El Darwich in the starting line-up. Seemed to play at a better pace and have a calming influence on the offense as opposed to Gentry who plays like his hair's on fire. Plus having King running the baseline in the 1-3-1 gives a lot more size and rebounding ability than Gentry. I just don't know if Gentry is big enough to play starter minutes. He could be more effective coming off the bench and providing a change of pace.
              If the Rabbits continue to play the 1-3-1 (which listening to TJ after game said they now have identified their identity on defense) he (Gentry) just doesn't fit. Length is the key.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

The Jacks looked good in all phases today, despite being without Thiesen (ankle) and Gentry (hand). Thiesen's size and strength will be needed against bigger teams. Today, the Jacks' shots fell, they cut their turnovers in half, and Daum couldn't be stopped. Fun game. Good win!
                This space for lease.

Comment

I think it's easier to double-team Daum when Theisen is in the game - his man isn't afraid to leave him alone. Today with 4 perimeter players and Daum, if they doubled him it left a shooter open when they swung the ball, plus opened up more driving lanes to the basket.

Comment

GDT: Milwaukee

A few things that came to mind after watching all three games.

-It's nice to be reminded what Daum can do to a team with "Summit League size". Double him instantly or pay a heavy price.

El-Darwich came a long way in three games. The guy is just a freshman. We might be serviceable at the point by January.

It's going to be a pain for teams to prep for facing the 1-3-1 and the team has gotten better at it each game. It was fun to watch Milwaukee pass it around frustratingly. I'm a fan.

Open shots we had been missing finally fell. Big difference. UCI only scored 37 points against this same team - in the whole game.

I hope Flatten learned whatever lesson TJ was trying to teach him because he is a lot of fun to watch on the court.

"Trust the process". TJ.

Comment

Maybe we turned a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        A few things that came to mind after watching all three games.

-It's nice to be reminded what Daum can do to a team with "Summit League size". Double him instantly or pay a heavy price.

El-Darwich came a long way in three games. The guy is just a freshman. We might be serviceable at the point by January.

It's going to be a pain for teams to prep for facing the 1-3-1 and the team has gotten better at it each game. It was fun to watch Milwaukee pass it around frustratingly. I'm a fan.

Open shots we had been missing finally fell. Big difference. UCI only scored 37 points against this same team - in the whole game.

I hope Flatten learned whatever lesson TJ was trying to teach him because he is a lot of fun to watch on the court.

"Trust the process". TJ.

a nice post. Rep points given.

I do think UWM is a team struggling to find their own identity as well.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

[QUOTE=Nidaros;305343]Maybe we turned a corner.[/Q

This was a good win. An interesting win from the point that - I think Milwaukee is a Horizon league member. Of course Wright State is as well - I believe? It should be interesting to see how those two teams do when facing each other. Jacks will win some games if we can continue to play like we did on Sunday.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Wichmann kept Milwaukee "in" the game during the second half with 6-11 from 3 point shooting. He left after the first possession in the first half with a turned ankle. It was great to see Wallace finally hit a couple of shots. He still is having trouble at the foul line and getting in the flow of the offense. 62.8% FG and 55% 3pt shooting is wonderful after the tough shooting stretch the Jackrabbits have endured. There were many great things today, but the 10-13 FG, 11-13 FT, 5 boards, 6 assists, and 1 steal line from Mike Daum will likely need to be the determining factors in nearly every game for this team to fly like today. The zone defense with a tall guy out front was tough on the Milwaukee team today. 15 turnovers was a big number. 44-19 at halftime had the crowd and team realizing the upside of this team.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              Rant: There are also a number of people on this board who can verify the lazy nature of Ian Theisen. I find that over the top genius. For those who look at the lazy guy numbers for 2015-16 would have a difficult time finding endorsement for his inability to play the game. Please look at his 17.3 minutes per game before whining about this post. I would rather visit about facts and not rumor. You will even see that he led the team in personal fouls, but he did not lead the team in fouling out. That honor went to the guy who usually guarded the best ball handler from the other team. Meanwhile, Theisen has not been healthy for 2016-17 and there has been some drop in production and I cannot disagree that he has not been a big contributor. Meanwhile, it seems odd that someone wants to put a player on a bus home when he has someone else for his fantasy team. If you recall some earlier games, there were more than one player who could not drop the ball and hit the floor. Some of those players even had a little bench time during this search for team identity. Today's game helped heal some of those tough stats.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Although encouraging, let's not get carried away by this win. Milwaukee was picked to finish last in the Horizon league https://www.google.com/amp/wbay.com/...ndroid-verizon and basically played the first half without their best player. I do hope this was a step in the right direction!

Comment

Working...
                                X