GDT: UC Irvine II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: UC Irvine II

29 points at the under 12 makes me wonder about up tempo offense everyone was hyped about. I hope we start getting some shots that we can make. 27% is sad.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Game sounds dreadfully boring. Down 11 and your opponent scores scoreless for over four minutes and still down 11. Wow. Trying to stay patient here. 25% for the game.

17 Irvine turnovers = 2 SDSU points.

When was the last time an SDSU men's basketball game had only two pages of posts with 7:57 to go in the game? Limited interest right now.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
        Game sounds dreadfully boring. Down 11 and your opponent scores scoreless for over four minutes and still down 11. Wow. Trying to stay patient here. 25% for the game.

When was the last time an SDSU men's basketball game had only two pages of posts with 7:57 to go in the game? Limited interest right now.

Go Rabbits!
        Hope everyone is there.....kinda. With this performance they pry won't go back.

Comment

Hess makes his first 3 under 3 to play. Ouch.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Probably not a good time to ask, but I have 2 row 1 tickets to Sunday's session that I need to get rid of. $24 each. Pm me if interested.

Comment

Pour offensive showing but we made up for it by playing lousy defense!
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Gentry and King play 10 minutes tonight. Flatten is not on the floor at all. Severyn found 2 minutes. The carry over players are not part of the picture tonight. It is tough to watch the the progress tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Gentry and King play 10 minutes tonight. Flatten is not on the floor at all. Severyn found 2 minutes. The carry over players are not part of the picture tonight. It is tough to watch the the progress tonight.
                  Seems like he's trying to find 5 guys that play well together, and he just can't find the right combo. Hopefully he gets it figured out before Summit League play.

Comment

My biggest concern is our spacing and off ball movement/lack thereof. It's just pitiful offense. Pass around the 5 feet behind the 3 pt line for 25 seconds and chuck up a desperation 3...
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Mike Daum had 23 points, 18 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, and 3 steals.

Comment

Daum - 23 Pts, 18 Rebs. Nothing else to speak of.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Seems like he's trying to find 5 guys that play well together, and he just can't find the right combo. Hopefully he gets it figured out before Summit League play.
                          Coach may need to find a tweak to the system before conference play. The current progress we are experiencing may find the time factor will eat up our season. 2 steps back and 1 step forward is not progress.

Comment

5-30 from the 3 point line tonight. That is a very tough stat to overcome. That is many shots from the 3 point line.

Comment

I didn't watch or listen to the game, but I noticed that we outscored them 32-30 in the 2nd half... Did we play better in the 2nd half or is that deceiving?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                5-30 from the 3 point line tonight. That is a very tough stat to overcome. That is many shots from the 3 point line.
                                There are lots of areas that need work but one simple core truth about this team will be a dominant storyline. Telly and Hess have to make shots for us to have a chance to win. That is all.

The first 10:00 of the game were a lot of fun. After that it got really tough to watch. This year is going to be a lot like that.

WARNING: ETSU looked really good tonight, and from what I read/heard, that is to be expected. Tomorrow will probably not be too pretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X