GDT: Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Idaho

This is primarily the volleyball facility so not sure why they are playing in this dump!

Comment

The Kibbie Dome is not available until after football season ends. The Vandals are still playing. I believe the announcer said this gym was built in the 1920's. The announcer is a former announcer for both Vandal basketball and football. For a retired guy hired for the evening I think he is tolerable.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Announcer even worse, if that's possible.
        At least we don't have to listen to Tyler.....#sarcasm.

Comment

As much as I hate this gym, I'm going to watch the second half. I'm probably going to mute it, thought. I really hate this announcer. (Makes you guys glad to have Tyler, doesn't it. )
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I can see why TJ was excited about Hess. 16 points. We so badly need outside shots to fall to get Daum some space - and he had zero those first two (brutal) games.

Still obviously a lot of areas that need big improvement, but I see some good things to build on. Get this one over and head for some home cooking at the Pentagon!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
              The Kibbie Dome is not available until after football season ends. The Vandals are still playing. I believe the announcer said this gym was built in the 1920's. The announcer is a former announcer for both Vandal basketball and football. For a retired guy hired for the evening I think he is tolerable.
              To convert the Kibbie Dome to the Cowan Spectrum they raise about 12.5 tons of curtains, steel trusses, and lights. Their web site doesn't say how long this takes. Apparently, they didn't like playing basketball on the football field.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Quick question about the gym: is this what The Barn used to look like when it was still used for basketball games? (Minus the stage, of course.) It gives off that feeling when this style for a gym was popular.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                  OOPS. I assumed that you did what I did. I have been listening to the fill in announcer for Tyler that the Jackrabbit network hired. I have been pretty successful in syncing up the SDSU sound with the Vandal video.

Comment

Is Klinkefus not on the bench or am I blind?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
                      Is Klinkefus not on the bench or am I blind?
                      You're right, I don't see him either. They probably called ahead and told us to leave him home as they didn't have enough chairs for all of our guys.

Another coach related question...is the coach we got that came from NDSU the one we ragged on big time a few years ago in the dance when he blocked the tv camera's like they were trying to spy on their huddle? Anyone remember that?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

They don't call foul when Telly goes for layup in 1st half but call that tricky tack foul on Daum.

Comment

Jacks seem to be playing pretty well. Glad to hear that Hess is hitting the 3-ball.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

It's going to be tough to overcome the the hot 3-point shooting by ID.

We need a heavy dose of Daum in these last 9:00.

Comment

58-52 Vandals lead. Jacks perimeter D is non existent.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Flatten with foul on Vandal drive, layup good 64-58 Vandals now at the under 8. Vandals on the line.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X