All things playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All thing playoffs.

Here is the Massey Composite rundown (40 rankings) for the playoff teams. Seeds are in ( ). (Because I can't spell parenthesis!)
    1) NDSU (1), 2) E. WA (2), 3) Jacksonvlle St (3), 4) James Madison (4), 5) SH St (5), 6) Jacks (8), 7) Citadel (6), 8) Youngstown, 9) Cent. Ark, 10) Chattanooga, 11) UND (7), 12) Charleston, 14, Villanova, 15) Wolford, 16) Lehigh, 18 Richmond, 19) IL St, 20) Cal Poly, 21) Samford, 24) San Diego, 27) N Hamp, 28 Weber St, 29) NC A&T, 57) St Francis

Comment

I see playoff tickets range from $37-$47... I'm predicting a crowd of 5000. I might wait to see what the weather is like, there will be plenty of walkup tickets available.

(grabs popcorn)
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Here is the Massey Composite rundown (40 rankings) for the playoff teams. Seeds are in ( ). (Because I can't spell parenthesis!)
        1) NDSU (1), 2) E. WA (2), 3) Jacksonvlle St (3), 4) James Madison (4), 5) SH St (5), 6) Jacks (8), 7) Citadel (6), 8) Youngstown, 9) Cent. Ark, 10) Chattanooga, 11) UND (7), 12) Charleston, 14, Villanova, 15) Wolford, 16) Lehigh, 18 Richmond, 19) IL St, 20) Cal Poly, 21) Samford, 24) San Diego, 27) N Hamp, 28 Weber St, 29) NC A&T, 57) St Francis
        Judging by these rankings, we got a decent draw in terms of first round pairing since we face either the 13th or 24th ranked team in the tournament based on Massey. Villanova got an amazing draw.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          I see playoff tickets range from $37-$47... I'm predicting a crowd of 5000. I might wait to see what the weather is like, there will be plenty of walkup tickets available.

(grabs popcorn)
          That is setting the bar pretty low. I hope it's higher than that.

Comment

(grabs popcorn)
            I was kind of surprised at the price as well. How does the bidding process work when you get a seed? Do you just automatically pay what you bid, since you get an automatic home game? Do bids even come into play with seeds, or is there a set amount that seeds pay? Seems like if teams new they were going to get a seed (top 5 or 6 teams), then you would just bid the minimum, because you wouldn't need to compete against anyone. Where as I'm sure we had to put in a decent bid in case we didn't get a seed and had to compete for a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I was kind of surprised at the price as well. How does the bidding process work when you get a seed? Do you just automatically pay what you bid, since you get an automatic home game? Do bids even come into play with seeds, or is there a set amount that seeds pay? Seems like if teams new they were going to get a seed (top 5 or 6 teams), then you would just bid the minimum, because you wouldn't need to compete against anyone. Where as I'm sure we had to put in a decent bid in case we didn't get a seed and had to compete for a home game.
              I believe you pay what you bid, and bids are submitted before the seeds are decided. There is a minimum I believe per round even if you are a seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                I believe you pay what you bid, and bids are submitted before the seeds are decided. There is a minimum I believe per round even if you are a seed.

So in that case, being a borderline seeded team is tough. Where as if you had a seed locked up, you would just bid the minimum. Doesn't seem fair really. But fair seems to be the last thing the NCAA cares about, so it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  So in that case, being a borderline seeded team is tough. Where as if you had a seed locked up, you would just bid the minimum. Doesn't seem fair really. But fair seems to be the last thing the NCAA cares about, so it makes sense.
                  I know. I was thinking that if we put in a good bit to get a home game wondering if we were not ranked, if that would hurt us. Like SDSU bid a lot so lets put them at 9 and give a home game but maybe UCA or another school gets the 8 seed. Unless they do the seeds before they open the bids.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

(grabs popcorn)
                    Including mine in club seating.

Comment

Second round games I could easily find ticket prices for:

Eastern Washington - $20-$32
                      UND - $22.50
                      Sam Houston - $18-$30
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Second round games I could easily find ticket prices for:

Eastern Washington - $20-$32
                        UND - $22.50
                        Sam Houston - $18-$30
                        Probably so but this playoff ticket is cheaper than my season ticket per game. I'm not saying they are cheap but I don't think price will be the deciding factor for people to attend or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          Probably so but this playoff ticket is cheaper than my season ticket per game. I'm not saying they are cheap but I don't think price will be the deciding factor for people to attend or not.
                          I think the playoff tickets are a good value and would certainly hope more than 5,000 show up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            I think the playoff tickets are a good value and would certainly hope more than 5,000 show up.
                            We won't be impressed with the turnout I can assure you. I think we can eclipse 5K and if we hit 5-digits I will be ecstatic!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              We won't be impressed with the turnout I can assure you. I think we can eclipse 5K and if we hit 5-digits I will be ecstatic!
                              Looks like there are 6,440 tickets remaining, a total which could increase after 11/28 (as the current total does not include any seats currently being held in season ticket holders' accounts).

However, attendance less than 5k would seemingly mean that none of the open seats detailed below are sold and that over half of the "held" seats go unclaimed. There were 4,367 (pg. 108) at the EIU game that was played over Thanksgiving weekend in 2012. Hopefully that's at least doubled on 12/3 due to it not being a holiday and students having a Finals prep day on 12/7.

Section Seats Remaining
                              100 224
                              200 193
                              101 370
                              201 193
                              102 15
                              202 69
                              103 1
                              104 1
                              105 Sold Out
                              106 44
                              107 409
                              207 379
                              108 170
                              208 353
                              109 150
                              116 Sold Out
                              117 636
                              118 501
                              119 506
                              120 441
                              121 534
                              122 549
                              123 568
                              124 134
                              Total 6440

Comment

How many season tickets were sold this year?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X