Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All thing playoffs.

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    My only concern is attendance........We have been wanting a home playoff game, well guess what...we got one. I have already heard the oh my it could be cold,windy,snowy,blah blah blah. Suck it people! With everything going on that weekend what more could you ask for? Start Friday nite at the wresting match then warm up at the basketball game after football.
    I couldn't agree with you more. My opinion of this weather is it comes with the school. If you don't like it you can go to the University of Florida and be a Gator. I don't care if it was cheap to come here, you still chose this place. Bundle up and come ready to cheer loudly and proudly for the Jacks! This could be the best game since the Snow Bowl game vs Western Illinois in 2014 (nobody showed up but it was fun!)
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      I couldn't agree with you more. My opinion of this weather is it comes with the school. If you don't like it you can go to the University of Florida and be a Gator. I don't care if it was cheap to come here, you still chose this place. Bundle up and come ready to cheer loudly and proudly for the Jacks! This could be the best game since the Snow Bowl game vs Western Illinois in 2014 (nobody showed up but it was fun!)
      Some fans have to travel, so that may be one reason they are concerned with the weather (it's why I am). Barring a blizzard, I'll make the trek (already purchased my tickets), and I plan to cheer like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        On Stig's radio show Tyler said the women's game on the 3rd has been changed to a 6:00 PM start - men still at 11:00.
        That will be a fun day.

Comment

I think Goedert has been dinged up for the last few games and the week off might be just what the doctor ordered for him. Perhaps it was better tacklers but he went down easier then normal in my opinion in the UNI game. I Hope we buzz right through valpo, but it is hard to tell what will happen just from what I have seen looks like a UNI team before they switched QBs only they didn't have to play in the valley.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
            I think Goedert has been dinged up for the last few games and the week off might be just what the doctor ordered for him. Perhaps it was better tacklers but he went down easier then normal in my opinion in the UNI game. I Hope we buzz right through valpo, but it is hard to tell what will happen just from what I have seen looks like a UNI team before they switched QBs only they didn't have to play in the valley.
            You mean Villanova? Of course they could get beat by St. Francis (more like Valpo), but I doubt it. I like the matchup because coming up with a game plan against a team that averages less than 100 passing per game and runs straight at you with some speed (think YSU) will be much easier than what NDSU have coming. This Thanksgiving I'm thankful we don't have Cal Poly coming back to Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              Some fans have to travel, so that may be one reason they are concerned with the weather (it's why I am). Barring a blizzard, I'll make the trek (already purchased my tickets), and I plan to cheer like there's no tomorrow.
              Early look at the weather is 30's and partly cloudy with NW breeze of 5 mph. No precipitation expected at this time.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Early look at the weather is 30's and partly cloudy with NW breeze of 5 mph. No precipitation expected at this time.
                Haha. I've been checking it daily in the morning. The other day, they were calling for a decent chance of snow. Now, TWC has it at the standard 20% chance.

I'm fine with the forecast you describe; got the Carhartt long johns on the way via Amazon to ensure I remain firmly planted in the bleachers regardless of temp. Could get dicier traveling the following week.

First things first, I'm excited about experiencing my first Jacks playoff game live. I had to miss the EIU one because I was in upstate NY, but I made sure to watch online (and I may have shed a tear in my Barq's missing the snowy confines of Coughlin).

Comment

When it comes to 12 days off, our guesses are as good as the forecasters. Four days ago, they were not predicting any of the crud happening now. The only weather I see hurting us is extreme cold. Wet or snowy turf can actually be beneficial for the passing game.
                  Last edited by bigticket1; 11-22-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    When it comes to 12 days off, our guesses are as good as they forecasters. Four days ago, they were not predicting any of the crud happening now. The only weather I see hurting us is extreme cold. Wet or snowy turf can actually be beneficial for the passing game.
                    35 mph wind gust don't help though.

Comment

Way too early to pay any attention to weather forecast. As a hunter and fisherman I learned long ago that you have too wait for the 5-7 days forecast for any degree of accuracy.

That said, not taking any chances and sprung for 4 additional Club seats. I expect that my regular season tickets (5 of them right on the 50 yard line in sec 104) will be available at $50 a seat. Waiting on a couple of family member, friends to decide. If someone on here wants them I need to know by Monday, Nov 28th at noon.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Way too early to pay any attention to weather forecast. As a hunter and fisherman I learned long ago that you have too wait for the 5-7 days forecast for any degree of accuracy.

That said, not taking any chances and sprung for 4 additional Club seats. I expect that my regular season tickets (5 of them right on the 50 yard line in sec 104) will be available at $50 a seat. Waiting on a couple of family member, friends to decide. If someone on here wants them I need to know by Monday, Nov 28th at noon.
                        Your inbox would not take any more messages. I have a fellow who would like to buy 2 tickets.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          Your inbox would not take any more messages. I have a fellow who would like to buy 2 tickets.
                          I made room in the inbox. I will make note of your request.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hey didn't know where else to drop this, but for all of you who pop on AGS once in a while and saw the Predictions competition I ran through the season, I am doing another one for the playoffs to start fresh. Also, for a fun twist, I will be keeping score for each teams fans and their average. Winning team decides what hat the winner of the whole thing gets! So pop on there and rep the Jacks if you have an account and want a relaxed pickum activity for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Anyone heard how many tickets are sold for the December 3rd game?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Anyone heard how many tickets are sold for the December 3rd game?
                                Don't think you would know till after the 28th.

Comment

Working...
                                X