All things playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things playoffs.

Figured we should have a place to discuss the playoffs. First off how many people do we have that are probably out with injury and how many might be back? seems like some injuries the last few weeks are starting to add up. Any word on Gottlob.

Whats the take on the possible opponents?

Nova appears to have a better running game. Passing stats dont really wow at all. Defense seems like a lineman with a bunch of sacks and tons of tackles for loss. also a DB with 6 ints it looks.

Saint francis, has a RB with 900 yards but only 4.4 ypc and only 1 TD. passing game is all about their version of the wizard. stats are pretty impressive for him, nothing really stands out after that. Same thing with their D, quiet a few sacks, and one DB with 6 ints I think. Both look to be more of a defensive style team. Not sure they have faced a team in the FCS with our offensive weapons and physicallity.

Cant wait for tickets to go on sale. Trying to find as many friends who will want to come up for the game as we can find. Just dad and I so far. not sure the wife and a 3 year old and a 5 year will care to go figuring it will be cold weather. Really looking forward to the game. wish we would have won the poly or ISUR or both so could have been a top 4 seed and had the chance for more home games.

Sort of hoping poly wins and goes to NDSU. If they play the game they are capable of running and plays as physical as they did against us, they could upset NDSU for sure.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: All thing playoffs.

[sarcasm] Not a bad season, considering we have a coaching staff that stinks, and we played the wrong QB all season. [/sarcasm]

It's probably going to be Villanova. And it will not be an Easy game. Just going to have to strap em on, and play it out.

However, feel really good after that UNI game. That was a good team, that had been playing really well, at their place. And numerous dubious calls... which pretty much went UNI's way the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      [sarcasm] Not a bad season, considering we have a coaching staff that stinks, and we played the wrong QB all season. [/sarcasm]

It's probably going to be Villanova. And it will not be an Easy game. Just going to have to strap em on, and play it out.

However, feel really good after that UNI game. That was a good team, that had been playing really well, at their place. And numerous dubious calls... which pretty much went UNI's way the whole game.
      Unless nova does some trick stuff with their running game we should be able to handle it. Don't want to get to ahead since their game needs to be played still. But I see a repeat of our first home playoff game against eiu.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Unless nova does some trick stuff with their running game we should be able to handle it. Don't want to get to ahead since their game needs to be played still. But I see a repeat of our first home playoff game against eiu.
        Not sure if I would go that far. Nova is a very defensive oriented team with a defense that rivals YSU and UNI. I think it's a good matchup for us with how we have played against teams whose strength is their D line and lbs, but I don't see us boat racing them like we did to EIU. It will be an extremely motivated Nova team as well since it is their legendary coaches last season, so we will certainly get their best shot.

Beyond that NDSU might have some serious problems with Cal Poly due to the amount of injuries they have sustained on their D line and LBs. No way Poly loses to San Diego either, they killed them early in the season and I can't see them crapping the bed against a Pioneer League team. I don't see any way Nova loses to a mediocre St Francis team that was handled fairly well by a non playoff Montana team either. Would be nice if they did though. Either way we get new blood coming to the Dykehouse, would be cool to get a CAA team out of the Northeast for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I have 4 tickets available. Section 104 Seats, Row 16, Seats 11-14. Right at 50 yd line about halfway up in section 104. $47/seat. Person who usually sits there is out of town.

PM if interested.

**They are gone.
          Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 11-21-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I don't know how defenses can really prepare to face the kind of passing game the Jacks have. They likely don't have wide receivers to face in practice anything close to Jake or Dallas, or a QB the quality of Taryn. Then you add in the running game that we have had the past few weeks, and it has to give nightmares to opposing coaches. You almost have to sell out to stop either the pass or the run, and hope the other doesn't bury you.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Not sure if I would go that far. Nova is a very defensive oriented team with a defense that rivals YSU and UNI. I think it's a good matchup for us with how we have played against teams whose strength is their D line and lbs, but I don't see us boat racing them like we did to EIU. It will be an extremely motivated Nova team as well since it is their legendary coaches last season, so we will certainly get their best shot.

Beyond that NDSU might have some serious problems with Cal Poly due to the amount of injuries they have sustained on their D line and LBs. No way Poly loses to San Diego either, they killed them early in the season and I can't see them crapping the bed against a Pioneer League team. I don't see any way Nova loses to a mediocre St Francis team that was handled fairly well by a non playoff Montana team either. Would be nice if they did though. Either way we get new blood coming to the Dykehouse, would be cool to get a CAA team out of the Northeast for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This is really good analysis and accurate based on what I've found out there on Nova. St. Francis is an AQ from a weak conference and Nova should have no problem with them. Jacks need to get some rest and start game planning for a team with a more then solid run game and one heck of a good D-line. Nova has to worry about a Jacks Offense that is damn near unstoppable when firing on all cylinders. A week off should help make that happen.

I think Cal-Poly can beat NDSU if they come out of that first game healthy. The Bison barely snuck by USD and looked marginal offensively in that game. If Cal-Poly can score they beat NDSU and we get them at home for a great rematch. If the Jacks can get by Nova that is.

It's going to be a great game on Dec 3rd. I'm bringing a couple of friends that have never been to a game in Brookings. Springing for Club Level Seats. Hoping to turn them into Jackrabbit fans. In return, my friend is taking us to the Gopher game at the Pentagon that night. With the other Jackrabbit games on the radio it should be a great sports day.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned but watching post game comments one thing that stuck in my mind "a healthy Jake Weineke". Music to my ears!
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

One of the biggest factor going forward is weather for the play of both teams. December means cold, wet and windy conditions. Turnovers will be the key. The weather this year has been great plus a couple of dome games.

Comment

On Stig's radio show Tyler said the women's game on the 3rd has been changed to a 6:00 PM start - men still at 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      On Stig's radio show Tyler said the women's game on the 3rd has been changed to a 6:00 PM start - men still at 11:00.
                      Fantastic!!
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                        One of the biggest factor going forward is weather for the play of both teams. December means cold, wet and windy conditions. Turnovers will be the key. The weather this year has been great plus a couple of dome games.
                        Don't agree. I'm not the least bit concerned about this teams ability to play in any conditions.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Don't agree. I'm not the least bit concerned about this teams ability to play in any conditions.
                          Often the weather conditions can be a great equalizer.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Often the weather conditions can be a great equalizer.
                            I'm not concerned about weather. Now, mud is an equalizer but it will be too cold for that kind of mud.

Comment

My only concern is attendance........We have been wanting a home playoff game, well guess what...we got one. I have already heard the oh my it could be cold,windy,snowy,blah blah blah. Suck it people! With everything going on that weekend what more could you ask for? Start Friday nite at the wresting match then warm up at the basketball game after football.

Comment

Working...
                              X