Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ UNI for the MVFC title!

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
    I don't mean any disrespect or anything, and I know many of you will rip me and disagree too. I just am not a fan of Tyler Merriman's, (sp) play by play announcing. I will admit that it is primarily a matter of taste. His voice is too high-pitched for my liking but I do think his play-by-play could be much improved also. However, living quite a ways away, I only listen to him on the highlights of Jackrabbit football. That being said the football team I couldn't be prouder of.
    I think you nailed it, if you hear mostly the highlights, I can see what you are saying a bit, but let me just say that Tyler is terrific and I listed to many games via radio for both FB and basketball.

We are lucky to have him and I hope we do for years to come.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I don't mean any disrespect or anything, and I know many of you will rip me and disagree too. I just am not a fan of Tyler Merriman's, (sp) play by play announcing. I will admit that it is primarily a matter of taste. His voice is too high-pitched for my liking but I do think his play-by-play could be much improved also. However, living quite a ways away, I only listen to him on the highlights of Jackrabbit football. That being said the football team I couldn't be prouder of.
      You are alright, I couldn't stand him at first either, he's grown on me. Struck's voice is like listening to Christian Slater/Jack Nicholson, bugs the **** out of me.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        You are alright, I couldn't stand him at first either, he's grown on me. Struck's voice is like listening to Christian Slater/Jack Nicholson, bugs the **** out of me.
        Imming and Meriam was a good combo I thought for the fact they was good humor between them. Meriam I feel gives good info and seem fair in his calls. If it appears SDSU got lucky with a call etc, he is good to point it out too. He calls avg plays with little emotion. Big plays he takes it up a notch. TD or turnovers he really gets into it. I think thats good. He is good at getting a lot of information to help keep up with the action, great at explaining the play and the time and score etc.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not ripping you, however:

My thoughts overall, Tyler is amazing for our level of play (and probably beats many FBS schools). Listen to some of the broadcasts from other schools and the quality/professionalism isn't even comparable. His knowledge and preparation is unmatched.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

My thoughts overall, Tyler is amazing for our level of play (and probably beats many FBS schools). Listen to some of the broadcasts from other schools and the quality/professionalism isn't even comparable. His knowledge and preparation is unmatched.
            I have to agree. On those occasions when we hear other school's announcers when we watch the Jacks, I actually find myself feeling pity for their fans who have to listen to these other guys week after week. No wonder we frequently have more fans than they do.

Someone mentioned baseball. I listen to a lot of baseball on satellite radio during the summer. About half of the MLB teams would do very well to hire Tyler to replace their current boring baseball announcers.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              You must have a good memory.
              I do, in fact. However, it helps that I was texting updates to my brother who was watching his son's youth bb team.

But if anyone wants to take the time, and go through the list... you will see that I am right, on each of those calls. Seriously terrible officiating. Like really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                I do, in fact. However, it helps that I was texting updates to my brother who was watching his son's youth bb team.

But if anyone wants to take the time, and go through the list... you will see that I am right, on each of those calls. Seriously terrible officiating. Like really bad.
                I am not trying to sound whiney, but there seemed to be many calls that were reviewed this year that maybe a couple could have been reversed and benefited the Jackrabbits. On the other hand, (with exception of ISUr)..the Jackrabbits played through the situation and still won the game.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Rants and Raves... Sorry for the delay. I had a family Thanksgiving yesterday.

Rave: I believe, I believe, I believe... This team proved to me that they could win when they needed to. I like it.

Rave: Offensive line again was excellent in pass protection. To hold UNI to one sack is a huge accomplishment.

Rant: Officiating was terrible again. These MVFC refs are driving me crazy this years. I just don't remember it being so poor in past years.

Rave: Dallas Brown! What a game! This is how seniors should play. Wow!

Rant: I kept waiting for us to run an inside screen but we only ran it once in the early 2nd quarter I believe.

Rave: Kellen Soulek is just a man in the middle of that defensive line. My goodness! He ought to be first team all conference with the havoc he has created in conference play.

Rave: We have so many different looks on offense that we have rolled out this year. I think we have to be terrible to game plan against right now. Eidsness has really done a wonderful job.

Rant: The TV announcers for UNI really annoyed me. Not sure why but it makes me really appreciate the midco guys who call the Jacks games.

Rave: Happy we earned a bye so the dinged up guys can get some rest. We need Goedert and Gottlob to get some rest.

Bottom Line: We won when we needed to and beat up an okay UNI team. On to the playoffs!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Almost to the point that it seemed deliberate at times.

I'm incredibly impressed by that performance.

Selection committee screwed up again as well.

I'm trying to learn from Stig. Just keep doing your best, be positive and have fun. Things work out well for people like that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm not a fan either. He seems more excited and happy when the other team does something good than when we do it. I think he'd be great at a national call on some event where both sides are listening. But here when he works for the Department, I expect him to be for the Jacks and against the other team, within the bounds of taste of course. He's just not. Honestly if I hear him say 'Bizzzzun' one more time I think I'll hurl. No sense in glorifying TTUN on their inane pronunciation gratification. None.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                        I'm not a fan either. He seems more excited and happy when the other team does something good than when we do it. I think he'd be great at a national call on some event where both sides are listening. But here when he works for the Department, I expect him to be for the Jacks and against the other team, within the bounds of taste of course. He's just not. Honestly if I hear him say 'Bizzzzun' one more time I think I'll hurl. No sense in glorifying TTUN on their inane pronunciation gratification. None.
                        His job is to be professional and unbiased. He does a great job at that. The last thing I want even as a Jacks fan is a cheerleader calling the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Almost to the point that it seemed deliberate at times.

I'm incredibly impressed by that performance.

Selection committee screwed up again as well.

I'm trying to learn from Stig. Just keep doing your best, be positive and have fun. Things work out well for people like that.
                          How did the selection committee screw up?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            How did the selection committee screw up?
                            I think the Jacks had a better resume then UND and deserved the 7 seed.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I think the Jacks had a better resume then UND and deserved the 7 seed.
                              I'm not sure that'd be a better draw for us though. We probably match-up better with NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                                I think they're missing the point of your post when they say he's unbiased,he should be....I highlighted what you were referring to,if i can read it correctly.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I think you see an announcer,in a concerted effort to appear not to be biased,goes too far the other way and actully seems more excited for good plays from the opposition than he does for us.A little bit too contrived for me too.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-21-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X