Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Game week

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Being outcoached could be the least of Farley's worries. I can't argue with the Jacks' history, but I'll still take Stig over Farley because I think his staff's recruitment strategy and program atmosphere will lead to sustainable success, and comparing Farley's recent overall record with Stig's doesn't necessarily suggest Farley's got Stig's number or that he's a vastly superior coach.

I also cannot deny that losses provide fodder for despair, but I think there's been just as many reasons for hope this season. As for the game, UNI scores first, but Jacks end up winning 28-14.
    I agree that I would take our current and future situation over UNI's. This game is HUGE for multiple reasons: momentum heading into the playoffs, possible seed on the line, confidence, recruits, etc. I am more nervous about this game than any other so far. If we lose this game, do you think we have the consistency it takes to string together 5 wins against other top teams to win a NC? I think that we are one of the best 4-5 teams in the nation, the NDSU game proves that IMO. Consistent championship level play is what has eluded us. If we are to make a deep playoff run this year, I view this game as the first in our playoff run.

Comment

Being outcoached could be the least of Farley's worries. I can't argue with the Jacks' history, but I'll still take Stig over Farley because I think his staff's recruitment strategy and program atmosphere will lead to sustainable success, and comparing Farley's recent overall record with Stig's doesn't necessarily suggest Farley's got Stig's number or that he's a vastly superior coach.

I also cannot deny that losses provide fodder for despair, but I think there's been just as many reasons for hope this season. As for the game, UNI scores first, but Jacks end up winning 28-14.
      Stig deserves and gets plenty of respect from me for the program he has built. The positive greatly outweigh any negatives. However, history must be respected or its doomed to be repeated and history tells me that this is a game SDSU has lost on a consistent basis in the past few years. I want nothing more then for Stig and the Jacks to get this win, a top 8 seed and make a NC title run.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[QUOTE=jakejc795;304119]
        Just curious, what would it take for you to be optimistic? QUOTE]

Did you seriously ask that question on this board? Are you new? The answer is 6 undefeated seasons and 6 National Championships and then...maybe then...this board would believe week in and week out. Other than that if you are looking for uplifting powerful optimism, my suggestion is maybe Ned Flanders clips or Tony Robbins. Jacks win 38-28
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Just curious, what would it take for you to be optimistic?
          Did you seriously ask that question on this board? Are you new? The answer is 6 undefeated seasons and 6 National Championships and then...maybe then...this board would believe week in and week out. Other than that if you are looking for uplifting powerful optimism, my suggestion is maybe Ned Flanders clips or Tony Robbins. Jacks win 38-28

How about one time past the second round?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I don't believe that would change the pessimism on this board.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              I don't believe that would change the pessimism on this board.
              Sure wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                And even if we do lose, how about losing in a game where we actually played to our potential and just flat out got beat by a better team, rather than:

2009: giving up a 100 pt lead in the 2nd half.
                2012: 3 lousy pts vs NDSU. (and partially just beat by better team)
                2013: blown out by EWU, (fake punt anyone?)
                2014: NDSU - I'll concede, beat by better team (almost had them)
                2015: Montana - forgot to show up first half.

I'll repeat, what's been said before...It's not that we lose, it's HOW we lose (lack of preparedness, mental errors) that is so frustrating...the losses all seem to leave us with a "gee, that was an underwhelming performance" taste in our mouths.
                Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 11-15-2016, 11:55 AM.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

[QUOTE=Theee Catrabbit;304198]
                  Just curious, what would it take for you to be optimistic? QUOTE]

Haha, I genuinely wanted examples of what would get some commenters to the point where they don't believe games are lost before the team's even left Brookings. I think you and I might share a similar perspective on the odds of a win each week (or at least we don't default to it being a likely loss)

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    And even if we do lose, how about losing in a game where we actually played to our potential and just flat out got beat by a better team, rather than:

2009: giving up a 100 pt lead in the 2nd half.
                    2012: 3 lousy pts vs NDSU. (and partially just beat by better team)
                    2013: blown out by EWU, (fake punt anyone?)
                    2014: NDSU - I'll concede, beat by better team (almost had them)
                    2015: Montana - forgot to show up first half.

I'll repeat, what's been said before...It's not that we lose, it's HOW we lose (lack of preparedness, mental errors) that is so frustrating...the losses all seem to leave us with a "gee, that was an underwhelming performance" taste in our mouths.
                    A couple of points I think need to be made:

2013 - loss to EWU - this was the third long travel trip after travel delays the two previous weeks (i.e. Youngstown, Northern Arizona). A whole night of sleep was missed during each of those trips. We were tied or leading at half and just simply ran out of gas. We lost to a team featuring a Canadian League player (VA - Vernon Adams) and a future NFL player Cooper Kupp.

2014 - I agree, this wasn't a blow out.

2015 - We lost by one score, after a difficult travel schedule the week prior (i.e. Western Illinois).

I do think the theme could be having a difficult time playing to our potential when we are fatigued.

Comment

Anyone heard anything about leaving Brookings early to beat an incoming storm? I just got an alert on my phone that there is a blizzard warning in eastern SD for Friday.

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                      A couple of points I think need to be made:

2013 - loss to EWU - this was the third long travel trip after travel delays the two previous weeks (i.e. Youngstown, Northern Arizona). A whole night of sleep was missed during each of those trips. We were tied or leading at half and just simply ran out of gas. We lost to a team featuring a Canadian League player (VA - Vernon Adams) and a future NFL player Cooper Kupp.

2014 - I agree, this wasn't a blow out.

2015 - We lost by one score, after a difficult travel schedule the week prior (i.e. Western Illinois).

I do think the theme could be having a difficult time playing to our potential when we are fatigued.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        Anyone heard anything about leaving Brookings early to beat an incoming storm? I just got an alert on my phone that there is a blizzard warning in eastern SD for Friday.
                        Dom Izzo tweeted that the Bison are traveling to Sioux Falls tomorrow instead of Friday to beat the storm.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I sure hope the AD, HC and FB Ops learned from last year's weather going to WIU and the total debacle then shame of them. If a blizzard hits the team get to enjoy it on the road or should I say stuck on the road on Friday. Make the correct decision, leave Thursday no matter the cost and be ready for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Dom Izzo tweeted that the Bison are traveling to Sioux Falls tomorrow instead of Friday to beat the storm.
                            Can we go deflate the bus tires so they are late and rushed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                              I sure hope the AD, HC and FB Ops learned from last year's weather going to WIU and the total debacle then shame of them. If a blizzard hits the team get to enjoy it on the road or should I say stuck on the road on Friday. Make the correct decision, leave Thursday no matter the cost and be ready for the game.
                              Stig said on KWSN that they are planning to leave tomorrow night and that some of the team will try to stay in Albert Lea depending on hotel availabilty

Comment

Some of the team doesn't sound great since you need the full team, sounds like a mess. Is the rest of the team staying on the bus? I get finding a hotel isn't easy but it's not the first storm in the dakotas either. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X