X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagy debut at Wright St

Scott Nagy goes 1-0 at his new home.
    http://www.wsuraiders.com/ViewArticl...CLID=211290533
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Nagy debut at Wright St

Wright State and Youngstown State are in the same conference. Nagy recruited Matt Donlan to SDSU but it seems Nagy wouldn't give the kid the time of day. Donlan transferred to Iowa Western JC and then landed at Youngstown. He's a senior and one of the top shooters for the Penguins. Last season he started all 32 games for YSU and led the Horizon League in 3pt average (46.3%) which was good for fourth nationally. He made 82 three pointers. He averaged 13.1 points per game.

Youngstown v Wright State will be interesting.
    Last edited by JackJD; 11-21-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

and Nagy goes 0 for whatever at the O'Rena at Oakland U losing tonight 81 62

Comment

Nagy has his own defensive issues. Gave up 50 points and 61 % shooting in second half at home to Youngstown State and Matt Donlon to lose 80-75.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Nagy has his own defensive issues. Gave up 50 points and 61 % shooting in second half at home to Youngstown State and Matt Donlon to lose 80-75.
          Impossible.......are you sure it isn't a typo?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            You failed to mention the most important question. Were they playing zone? =)

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              and Nagy goes 0 for whatever at the O'Rena at Oakland U losing tonight 81 62
              Nagy gets win at home against Kampe and the Griz. Oakland and WSU are tied behind Valpo and Green Bay. 2 losses separate 3-7 in league.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Nagy gets win at home against Kampe and the Griz. Oakland and WSU are tied behind Valpo and Green Bay. 2 losses separate 3-7 in league.
                Doesn't that sound familiar?

Comment

Season record 14-7, 5-3 in conference. I guess WSU does not have to worry about qualifying for the Horizon tourney

Comment

Nobody in the Horizon has to worry about qualifying because all ten team play in their conference tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Nobody in the Horizon has to worry about qualifying because all ten team play in their conference tourney.
                      It seemed that the higher seeds had home games prior to the centralized finals.

Comment

Yes I checked the website and this is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          It seemed that the higher seeds had home games prior to the centralized finals.
                          Last year was the first year since 2002 that they played at a predetermined site. Seeds 7-10 play Friday night. Top six get a bye. I suppose the Summit could play an 8/9 seed on Friday night so everyone would qualify.

Comment

Last year was the first year since 2002 that they played at a predetermined site. Seeds 7-10 play Friday night. Top six get a bye. I suppose the Summit could play an 8/9 seed on Friday night so everyone would qualify.
                            I see it might bring in extra revenue??? Possibly. That would be my guess why the Horizon does it.

Comment

I see the Horizon League does the men and women at the same site. Anyone know how many conference tourneys are done that way? I didnt think many did but maybe they are seeing how good the Summit Tourney has done and are following after us.

I see the Big Sky does both at one site so maybe it is the norm for mid majors

Comment

Working...
                              X