Summit League WBB OOC 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League WBB OOC 2016-17

The 2-9 Seattle WBB take down 3-8 Denver 75-70.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Dec. 17 Western Illinois 54 Chicago State 50 Final
      Oral Roberts 52 #23/21 Arizona State 79 Final
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The yotes continue to win. The mastodons and bison continue their trend as well.
        Dec. 19 Miami (Ohio) 69 Fort Wayne 47 Final
        Wright State Invitational presented by Holiday Inn @ Dayton, Ohio
        Northern Illinois 83 South Dakota 97 Final
        Roo Holiday Classic @ Kansas City, Mo.
        North Dakota State 67 UTRGV 81 Final

Comment

Yotes might be a handful this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Yotes might be a handful this year.
            They beat SIU today 68-57. Off to a great start but only playing 6-7 deep for the most part. If they can stay healthy (and get Trimboli and/or Caitlin Duffy back) they could be really dangerous.

Comment

The yotes may be a handful--- but remember the Golden Eagles that beat Oklahoma? They are leading Arkansas at Arkansas at halftime 43-31. 6'4" Martianez is looking very agile with 11 points. ORU is shooting 54% FG and 71% 3 pt. ORU has 19 first half points from the bench. The Razorbacks are 10-1. The top half of the Summit might be more crowded than originally thought. "Another" quality win if ORU continues winning in the second half.

Another note on this game, the point guard for the Razorbacks is not playing.

Comment

ORU Golden Eagles win their first over Arkansas since 1988. 70-60 is a big win. Lakota Beatty came off the bench to score 23 on 9-12 shooting and 5-6 from 3 pt. 32-0 bench points in favor of ORU. ORU has some good ball movement and ball penetration from more than one player. This could easily be a top 3 team in the Summit if they continue this play into conference.

Comment

You are right about ORU. Any team that can take out Arkansas and Oklahoma can definitely knock off the new-look Jacks and USD. IUPUI and WIU have been pretty solid so far too. I don't think any team is go 15-1 or 14-2 this year.

The top-5 Summit teams have put together an impressive 46-16 non-conference record so far. I doubt we've seen that in the past, but i did not try to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    You are right about ORU. Any team that can take out Arkansas and Oklahoma can definitely knock off the new-look Jacks and USD. IUPUI and WIU have been pretty solid so far too. I don't think any team is go 15-1 or 14-2 this year.

The top-5 Summit teams have put together an impressive 46-16 non-conference record so far. I doubt we've seen that in the past, but i did not try to look it up.
                    There was some speculation that Omaha may be a force this year. At this point, they do not have any big wins in their 6-6 record. The top half will be competitive while Ft Wayne and NDSU may have trouble beating each other. ORU is hitting stride at the right time. Hopefully the Jackrabbits can show some game in Wichita tonight. Team defense will separate the top teams since scoring should not be a trouble spot.

Comment

No sooner than dismissing Ft Wayne, I find they have defeated 3-9 Eastern Kentucky 68-59.

IUPUI Jags go to Purdue and win 67-62.

Summit WBB is 3-0 for the afternoon!

Comment

USD women lose by 10 at NDSU who only had 8 healthy players including 2 post players being out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          USD women lose by 10 at NDSU who only had 8 healthy players including 2 post players being out.
                          Guess they won't be making fun of our three point victory there now.Humble pie.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Guess they won't be making fun of our three point victory there now.Humble pie.
                            No I would not. I watched on Midco the opening minutes and NDSU got the lead at the get-go and apparently held on. Talk about playing flat. Color them red and dead.

Comment

I watched the NDSU/USD game and was impressed with the way NDSU responded to every USD surge.

USD has the same degree of depth issues as the current SDSU team (minus Ober). No room for injury. After seeing their last two games I feel pretty good about what we will be able to do defensively when Ober returns. Those offensive rebounds and layups are going to be a lot harder to come by the next time around. NDSU was able to hold Fogg down pretty well also, something we struggled with using Thompson and Flaata. Let's hope Ober gets back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X