California GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California GDT

The team is playing hard and hustles all the time. They rush shots on offense and look completely lost out there. We do not yet have an offensive identity.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Gentry looks quick. If he stays healthy he will be fun to watch. Daum has to pass from down low, he's getting owned under the basket. Cal has some athletic trees
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I hope King gets more aggressive. He can get to the bucket and finish and draw fouls. He's got the athleticism to finish around big guys too. I can see him having a big year.

Daum needs to pass out of the post, make them pay for doubling, then go to work 1 on 1. He can score on double teams in the Summit. Not against these guys.

Comment

Can't get game anywhere. At buf wild wings can't find it.

Comment

Howell looks slow and lost out there.

Wallace and Gentry looked quick but a bit overwhelmed, which is to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
              Can't get game anywhere. At buf wild wings can't find it.
              It's on the Pac12 Bay Area channel. Directv doesn't get it. See the link I posted earlier. You have to be patient, but it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Jacks look a little small right now. Couple that with cold shooting and this may not be pretty. Hope I am wrong.
                Down 12 at the half. Looked like it would be worse.

Comment

Jacks down 40-28 at half. Started to find themselves offensively in the last 10 minutes of the first half. Gave up way too many easy looks from 3 and Cal was knocking them down. Even with that, they have played even with Cal since it was 2-14 at 11:15.

Comment

Difficult to tell watching the live stats, but it seems like they settled in ok, after a tough start. Going to be times, particularly early in the season, where that happens. Lost a ton of Guard experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Losing 29-10 on the boards...yikes.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Haven't been watching or listening to the game, but interesting to see that Theisen is the leading scorer at the half - there was discussion here a week or two ago questioning how he would fit in this system.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          Losing 29-10 on the boards...yikes.
                          Cal is big and athletic. They can push our rebounders around, but the guards seem to be a good job of crashing.

It has to be hard start the season with what will probably be the best team we play all year. That being said, they kept fighting and this game isn't over yet.

Comment

Jacks got to within 8, but then Gentry tries a silly behind the back pass and turns the ball over, then 2 questionable fouls on the Jacks and the lead goes back to 12 quickly. Looked to be gaining some momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Jacks got to within 8, but then Gentry tries a silly behind the back pass and turns the ball over, then 2 questionable fouls on the Jacks and the lead goes back to 12 quickly. Looked to be gaining some momentum.
                              Ian with a bit of a little instigation to get the technical foul as well...maybe he can be that guy that gets under the skin of the opposition. Haven't really had that guy since Cody left.

Comment

So, we don't rebound now. I don't like that. Makes me very angry.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X