Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU/USD Smack Throwdown

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Oh my god. Does USD pay their marketing people or are they volunteer?
    I guess I thought it was a pretty good hype video. Sure, the purge thing was a bit cheesy, but it was very well done imho.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      If Head coach Bobby Boucher can't #BEATSTATE in 3 years and or make the playoffs I would say his chances of another contract is less than 10%. What say you?
      Personally I think they come just shy of the playoffs next year (lose to SDSU) and Maybe make the playoffs the year following (lose to SDSU) and the Yotes fan-base will have to finally decide which is more important sadly I think we all know the answer.
      Bob Nielsen equals the Water Boy? I don't think so. As much as I enjoy Adam Sadler, I think this comparison is little unfair. The guy wears white shirts and red ties every day. He does have a good record for building winners and I fear USD down the road. I might be guilty of posting non-smack in a smack thread, but I think Bob will do good at USD and no doubt will get a contract renewal.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 11-14-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Two offerings, hope they are worthy!

1) There are those on the board, on a different thread, that are critical of the staff for the several mental errors - omissions that occurred on Saturday. Might the corn folks have suggested that if we keep it close it would promote interest in a failing rivalry, thus insuring our continued receipt of their largesse?

2) When Mom made you entertain your younger sib, you played slap jack with a deck of cards. Could not let them win but if you kept it close you could hold their attention until finally your Mom relented and you were set free, and you could go out and play with your buddies!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Two offerings, hope they are worthy!

1) There are those on the board, on a different thread, that are critical of the staff for the several mental errors - omissions that occurred on Saturday. Might the corn folks have suggested that if we keep it close it would promote interest in a failing rivalry, thus insuring our continued receipt of their largesse?

2) When Mom made you entertain your younger sib, you played slap jack with a deck of cards. Could not let them win but if you kept it close you could hold their attention until finally your Mom relented and you were set free, and you could go out and play with your buddies!
          Hmm, a "Corn-spiracy"?

Comment

Oh Gasp, it happened again. Everytime a certain fan from the south comes to Brookings for a basketball or football game he has a bad experience. He gets spit on, gets yelled obsenities ect ect. He claims he had hundreds of dollars of tailgate equipment stolen from his tailgate spot during the game. They leave their tailgate equipment out during the game down there and nothing has ever been stolen. He does think its a nice stadium but the traffic problem after the game needs to be addressed because it took him 45minutes to get out. They are use to jumping in their car and getting right out down there. Guess thats the difference between 15,000 people and 5000 people leaving a game. To read his full post, go to their forum and prepare to roll your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Oh Gasp, it happened again. Everytime a certain fan from the south comes to Brookings for a basketball or football game he has a bad experience. He gets spit on, gets yelled obsenities ect ect. He claims he had hundreds of dollars of tailgate equipment stolen from his tailgate spot during the game. They leave their tailgate equipment out during the game down there and nothing has ever been stolen. He does think its a nice stadium but the traffic problem after the game needs to be addressed because it took him 45minutes to get out. They are use to jumping in their car and getting right out down there. Guess thats the difference between 15,000 people and 5000 people leaving a game. To read his full post, go to their forum and prepare to roll your eyes.
              Hey you are picking on our good friend Yoteforever. I went to their board and read his post. In his defense, he did say DJD was a good place to watch a game. As far as losing tailgate equipment, First Bank and Trust does lock their doors every night as a precaution against theft, so you kind of have to apply that logic to tailgating equipment especially if it has value which I trust YFE equipment did have. At the same token, at the age of 5 or 6, I learned in Sunday School at Sinai Lutheran Church that it was a sin to steal your neighbor's property. So whoever ran off with the tailgate equipment, I hope they feel morally wrong and return it to their rightful owners. I question that all those associated with USD are that morally correct that if given the chance they might just claim tailgating equipment for their own.

Comment

USD has been living off its 2015 upset of NDSU for a year now. The media mentions that game in nearly every story about the Coyotes. I guess there's not much else positive to say about Boring Bob and his mediocre crew. Thank goodness the statute of practical limitations is about up for that game. I want USD to beat NDSU again this season, but I hope a victory doesn't set off another year-long media celebration.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Want to give a late shoutout to the USD brood who came into the game right at kickoff, from the tailgate who was completely wasted... I almost got drunk off smelling them.
                  This was on the South end of the stadium.
                  1 fine young gentleman was covered in what looked like a "punch" spill... had it all over his white USD shirt.
                  Another hero, made his way up the steps...nearly to the top... yelling "Go Yotes! Hate State!" every few steps. Which was wonderful as he was walking into a predominantly SDSU crowd. Can't imagine these people being heckled?
                  At least they "win" at being obnoxious and drunk... ( I didn't know if a couple of their female companions were going to make it up the stairs)

Comment

I am sorry to see that some knucklehead apparently stole tailgate equipment from a USD fan. That's a terrible message to be sending visitors to SDSU. We need to encourage more visitors to come to Dykhouse Stadium, especially visitors from other nearby universities in the region, not scare them away.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      A handful of pretty stellar used students were walking into the stadium yelling Hate State and someone yelled Go Jacks and the used students began throwing the f-bomb towards them. Classy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I am sorry to see that some knucklehead apparently stole tailgate equipment from a USD fan. That's a terrible message to be sending visitors to SDSU. We need to encourage more visitors to come to Dykhouse Stadium, especially visitors from other nearby universities in the region, not scare them away.
                        Probably made it up. Not excusing theft, but if you leave your **** out unsecured it's as much your fault.

Comment

A handful of pretty stellar used students were walking into the stadium yelling Hate State and someone yelled Go Jacks and the used students began throwing the f-bomb towards them. Classy.
                          And another high class group of a guy and two women leaving the stadium. The guy was pulling on his hast State shirt and commented that SDSU grads can't count. I mentioned to him that unlike USD we can apparently count to 28... Then of course the F-bombs went flying from them...

And as someone who got a graduate degree from USD and had to live in Vermillion, I can attest that an unattended grill sitting outside is not safe there either.

Comment

I know we as a fan base will pick out USD instances but I had a friend (USD grad) that came to the game and got hurled insults and F-bombs for cheering the interception.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                              I know we as a fan base will pick out USD instances but I had a friend (USD grad) that came to the game and got hurled insults and F-bombs for cheering the interception.
                              I think my point is there are asshats on both sides. Get over it, learn to ignore it. Every year some holier than thou used fan needs to post about an awful SDSU fan. Gets old.

Comment

I think my point is there are asshats on both sides. Get over it, learn to ignore it. Every year some holier than thou used fan needs to post about an awful SDSU fan. Gets old.
                                Well said. It is not a good look when pretentious people walk around (on message boards or otherwise) acting superior to other people simply because they attended a different university in the same rural state than what others attended. If items were stolen or F-bombs were hurled, and I have no reason to doubt this, they were the work of some isolated asshats not because SDSU and its alums have some underlying moral/social defect. Same goes for USD. I get that this a smack thread, but character attacks based on isolated incidents do get old.

Comment

Working...
                                X