Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD week (sans smack)

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Regarding where USD fans will sit for Saturday, the answer is not just section 124. We just bought tickets last week on the 50, halfway up....east side. Bought from your website.

Looks like a windy day Saturday. Nice temps though. Perfect for college football.
    I have noticed that for at least three other games that the middle seats in the upper rows of section 120 sell slowly, if at all. I am not sure why. Are seats in section 120 more expensive than sections 119 and 121 since that section straddles the 50 yard line? Perhaps it is because that section is wider and fans have to climb over more people to reach the middle (50 yard line seats) or have people constantly climbing over them if they sit near the aisle. We had aisle seats about half way up in section 120 last year. It seemed that we had to allow people to pass in and out about fifty times a game. I have to admit that it was annoying.

However, YFE, you will have great seats. I hope that you have a great day, except for the score. Almost any stadium situation would be an improvement over what it was like the last time the coyote's played football in Brookings.

It doesn't bother me that we are not selling out. Having a sell out simply means that we built the stadium too small and that there were probably Jackrabbit fans who wanted to be there but were turned away.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      You can sit wherever you want. If you want to sit as a group 224 is the section
      224? Sending them to watch in the spacious NE parking lot??

Looks like there might be 3,041 tickets remaining:

Section Tickets Remaining
      100 201
      200 190
      101 142
      201 119
      102 Sold Out
      202 3
      103 Sold Out
      104 Sold Out
      105 Sold Out
      106 Sold Out
      107 Sold Out
      207 71
      108 126
      208 342
      109 140
      116 Sold Out
      117 306
      118 138
      119 3
      120 14
      121 3
      122 303
      123 564
      124 376

Comment

There really isn't even a chance to sell out this weekend way to much going on. SD High School championships in Verm Thurs-sat and high school Playoffs in other states on Saturday. Farmers are still harvesting = a few empty seats.
        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          I have noticed that for at least three other games that the middle seats in the upper rows of section 120 sell slowly, if at all. I am not sure why. Are seats in section 120 more expensive than sections 119 and 121 since that section straddles the 50 yard line? Perhaps it is because that section is wider and fans have to climb over more people to reach the middle (50 yard line seats) or have people constantly climbing over them if they sit near the aisle. We had aisle seats about half way up in section 120 last year. It seemed that we had to allow people to pass in and out about fifty times a game. I have to admit that it was annoying.

However, YFE, you will have great seats. I hope that you have a great day, except for the score. Almost any stadium situation would be an improvement over what it was like the last time the coyote's played football in Brookings.

It doesn't bother me that we are not selling out. Having a sell out simply means that we built the stadium too small and that there were probably Jackrabbit fans who wanted to be there but were turned away.
          I wonder if the seat groupings might have something to do with it (e.g., the prospective ticket buyer is looking for 4-5 adjacent seats but there are only smaller numbers of adjacent seats available. If you check the seats available in 120 now, there is a single seat in row 3, a pair in the aisle in row 26, three each in right and left center of row 26 in front of camera platform, a pair three seats in from right edge in row 26, and three that are six seats from left edge in row 27.

I just hope it's loud and the Jacks thump the 'Yotes. It would be cool to end the regular season with a sellout, if only to prevent Bison fans from saying they had to help us get the first sellout in the new stadium (although we'd have to hear something similar from 'Yote fans if there's a sellout Sat.).

Comment

Seats in Section 120 are more than seats in 121 and 119

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
              There really isn't even a chance to sell out this weekend way to much going on. SD High School championships in Verm Thurs-sat and high school Playoffs in other states on Saturday. Farmers are still harvesting = a few empty seats.
              We have come a long way with regard to attendance. The last time the coyote's won this game was in Brookings in the year 2000. The attendance was 6,112. Sixteen years later we are looking at a game in mid-November and hoping to add at least 10,000 to that number. Not bad. Not bad at all.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I don't agree with the above. I think it is up to Jacks fans to get in the habit of attending games in Brookings. I think the fan support in the inaugural season of the new stadium is encouraging. We are averaging 14954 over the five home games so far. The high was the YSU game on Hobo Day, 17730, and the low was last weekend, MSU, 10,826. Our smallest crowd was considerably larger than USD's stadium capacity. ...
                I totally agree. USD fans are welcome and encouraged to visit Brookings, but they are not obliged to attend games at SDSU any more than SDSU fans are obliged to attend games in Vermillion. The burden for attracting a crowd is totally on the home school.

On a side note, I'm amused by Chris and Craig's repeated references on KWSN radio to a "disappointing crowd" at the Missouri State game at SDSU. Attendance was something like 10,800, which is 1,000 more people than could even fit in the Dome. The worst crowd of the year at SDSU surpasses the best crowd of the year at USD. Yet, I've never once heard them refer to a "disappointing crowd" at a USD game. Half the time, news reports don't even include attendance at USD games.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  This is a discussion that's been had time after time. Both AD's of our respective schools "pad" the numbers to reflect tickets sold, not used. Attendance at 99% of the stadiums in the country is never what ticket sales are. In the case of USD, although 10,221 was reported, I find it highly unlikely that was true attendance. But if indeed it was, the answer to your riddle of how can it be more than capacity, is there is the new Booster room in the south end zone that the walls were cut out and replaced with glass so people can watch from an end zone perspective. I'm guessing at minimum the room holds 250 people.

Regarding where USD fans will sit for Saturday, the answer is not just section 124. We just bought tickets last week on the 50, halfway up....east side. Bought from your website.

Looks like a windy day Saturday. Nice temps though. Perfect for college football.
                  I've always been under the impression that SDSU counts tickets used,vs tickets sold, for the attendance number.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    224? Sending them to watch in the spacious NE parking lot??

Looks like there might be 3,041 tickets remaining:

Section Tickets Remaining
                    100 201
                    200 190
                    101 142
                    201 119
                    102 Sold Out
                    202 3
                    103 Sold Out
                    104 Sold Out
                    105 Sold Out
                    106 Sold Out
                    107 Sold Out
                    207 71
                    108 126
                    208 342
                    109 140
                    116 Sold Out
                    117 306
                    118 138
                    119 3
                    120 14
                    121 3
                    122 303
                    123 564
                    124 376
                    Whoops. But its a nice thought.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      I've always been under the impression that SDSU counts tickets used,vs tickets sold, for the attendance number.
                      I am pretty certain that is the case.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        This is what have come to believe as well. I had friends that told me they could not purchase a ticket at the stadium before the Cal Poly game (beef bowl) because it was apparently sold out. From the box score on GoJacks.com the attendance was 16,887.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                          This is what have come to believe as well. I had friends that told me they could not purchase a ticket at the stadium before the Cal Poly game (beef bowl) because it was apparently sold out. From the box score on GoJacks.com the attendance was 16,887.
                          Cal Poly was never sold out. So what happened to your friends is puzzling.

Comment

That is weird. We found him a couple tickets so it didn't matter.

Anyways on to this weekends match up. Jacks just need to come out and take care of business on both sides of the ball like we all know they can. Come out firing on offense, and try as best as they can to contain Strevlar (SP). He will get his yards on the ground, as long as we can limit his big plays, I think we will be fine, if not, we could be in for a shoot out.

My Prediction:
                            Jacks - 38
                            Yotes - 20

Comment

What defense will show up for the Jacks on Saturday? This is the key to the game, no doubt. A running Qb and a spread offense bothers the defense big time. I would guess the he Qb can out run most 11 defensive players so angles, containment, pursuit and tackling will be huge. Stop the Qb, win the game!

Comment

Gonna go to my first Jacks game in several years. Pretty excited. Bringing my nephew and brother. Hoping for a convincing jacks win.

Comment

Working...
                                X