Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD week (sans smack)

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    I've always been under the impression that SDSU counts tickets used,vs tickets sold, for the attendance number.
    That is correct. All one had to do is look at the west side, section 104 and the sections on either side of 104. Those sections are essentially sold out to season tickets holders. Quite a few empty seats in those sections for the MSU game. Had tickets sold (not actual attendance) been used as the "count", then the reported attendance would have been much greater.

Comment

Certainly there are no restrictions on where visiting fans sit. Early in this thread, hareball had asked what section was designated for USD fans (124). If visitors at any game in the new stadium want some assurance of sitting with fellow visitors, it's 124. Last time USD played in Brookings, my wife and I had our close friends who are strong USD fans, sitting with us right in the middle of the SDSU season ticket holders. There was a little good-natured teasing as one would expect.

Tonight's weather report for Saturday: 'breezy' with temps in mid 50s. Nice weather for mid- November!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        That is correct. All one had to do is look at the west side, section 104 and the sections on either side of 104. Those sections are essentially sold out to season tickets holders. Quite a few empty seats in those sections for the MSU game. Had tickets sold (not actual attendance) been used as the "count", then the reported attendance would have been much greater.
        I for the life of me cannot understand why the administration didn't start counting "tickets sold" like every other D1 school in the nation at the beginning of this season in the new stadium. Perception is reality and being stubborn and continuing to count "butts in seats" is just PR stupidity IMO.

Anyone think Nebraska's would have 500 and whatever sold out games if they counted "butts in seats"?? Not a chance.

With the new stadium it was the perfect opportunity to start "announcing" attendance in a different way. There's nothing wrong with announcing attendence biased on tickets sold, especially when a majority of the D1 programs in the nation do the same. It just makes me shake my head and opens us up to the question from the haters like the dip****s on the SF radio stations that don't know their heads from their rearends when it comes to anything outside HS sports.
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          I for the life of me cannot understand why the administration didn't start counting "tickets sold" like every other D1 school in the nation at the beginning of this season in the new stadium. Perception is reality and being stubborn and continuing to count "butts in seats" is just PR stupidity IMO.

Anyone think Nebraska's would have 500 and whatever sold out games if they counted "butts in seats"?? Not a chance.

With the new stadium it was the perfect opportunity to start "announcing" attendance in a different way. There's nothing wrong with announcing attendence biased on tickets sold, especially when a majority of the D1 programs in the nation do the same. It just makes me shake my head and opens us up to the question from the haters like the dip****s on the SF radio stations that don't know their heads from their rearends when it comes to anything outside HS sports.
          Wasn't there talk from Sell a few years ago about this going to tickets sold for attendance? I guess I prefer the butts in the seats method of reporting attendance. Butt that's just me. When you see a half full stadium and listed as sold out. Like oru basketball. Report it as tickets sold and not attendance. Those are 2 different things IMHO.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

By my quick math, looks like about 2,600 tickets left as of Friday at 10:20 a.m.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I totally agree. USD fans are welcome and encouraged to visit Brookings, but they are not obliged to attend games at SDSU any more than SDSU fans are obliged to attend games in Vermillion. The burden for attracting a crowd is totally on the home school.

On a side note, I'm amused by Chris and Craig's repeated references on KWSN radio to a "disappointing crowd" at the Missouri State game at SDSU. Attendance was something like 10,800, which is 1,000 more people than could even fit in the Dome. The worst crowd of the year at SDSU surpasses the best crowd of the year at USD. Yet, I've never once heard them refer to a "disappointing crowd" at a USD game. Half the time, news reports don't even include attendance at USD games.
              I'm disappointed that anyone listens to those 2. Not impressed with their knowledge of anything meaningful as it pertains to sports. I've tried to watch the HS FB championships with the sound on....can't be done with Mike and Craig....not for me.

Season ticket sales and donations to the Jackrabbit Club are the focus. A sold out stadium in SD is a rarity and will continue to be one until the season ticket base grows exponentially, that may never happen. SDSU has attracted a HUGE number of new fans the last 10 years and now the fans and boosters have rewarded that fan base with a great stadium and game day experience. I'm happy about that I don't care how many butts are in the seats.

No doubt the lost at ISU hurt and hurt bad. A game against USD in Brookings doesn't draw fans anymore then another competitive regional MVFC team does. If we get 17,000 I'll be pleased.

More interested in what happens on the field anyways. Jacks need to be firing on all cylinders right away and keep that intensity for all 4 quarters. No lapses.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I'm disappointed that anyone listens to those 2. Not impressed with their knowledge of anything meaningful as it pertains to sports. I've tried to watch the HS FB championships with the sound on....can't be done with Mike and Craig....not for me....
                Exactly. I just can't listen to those guys so I no longer try.

Gameday high temp predicted with confidence at 56 degrees with 20 mph winds out of the south southwest.

Comment

In reporting attendance: it appears to me that when we count the seats left for purchase, and subtract that from 19,340, the reported attendance is always less. That apparently is because the seats reserved for the student section, and the southeast corner section, are not filled. If somebody has a better answer, I'm all ears (up).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    In reporting attendance: it appears to me that when we count the seats left for purchase, and subtract that from 19,340, the reported attendance is always less. That apparently is because the seats reserved for the student section, and the southeast corner section, are not filled. If somebody has a better answer, I'm all ears (up).
                    Or it could be that myself and a few others I know will miss this week due to circumstances beyond control and the seat will be empty.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                    X