Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summit League WBB 2016-17...

Default Summit League WBB 2016-17...

wonder if anyone else has heard anything about USD? hearing Duffy is to apply for 6th year, plus, coach released one player and another transfer is not going to USD? might be a bit more of a bumpy road for the yotes during the transition.

Default Re: Summit League WBB 2016-17...

I don't think Duffy has been ruled out for this year yet

The freshmen may be playing more minutes for the yotes. There was also talk that Trimboli may be dinged up some. I hate to see that Severyn may be a contributor for the yotes. The new coach has a sturdy resume which will be an advantage over many teams in the Summit. They will need to finish above .500 in OOC with a somewhat soft schedule. If they lose more than 3 or 4 OOC, it could be a disappointing start. They have 2 non D1 teams on schedule.

There will be a drop off,sure.They have some good players,the well's not complety dry.Depth a concern.With Duffy and Trimboli,early leadership will have to come from Fogg,the elder Arens,Liveringhouse,and Bradley.Good opportunity for some young players to develop.Severyn hasn't played in two years,lost a year of eligilbiity,a R-soph.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-06-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    "striving to make SDSUFans.com a better place"..... aka "Homer Rabbit"

"AiNt NO fuN wHeN the Rabbit gOt tHe GuN "

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
    Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    wonder if anyone else has heard anything about USD? hearing Duffy is to apply for 6th year, plus, coach released one player and another transfer is not going to USD? might be a bit more of a bumpy road for the yotes during the transition.
    Is this the one who was going to play at NKU,and was going to follow coach P to USD instead?Must have changed her mind.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
    Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Is this the one who was going to play at NKU,and was going to follow coach P to USD instead?Must have changed her mind.
    There was a transfer from Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    There was a transfer from Milwaukee.
    http://www.ksfy.com/content/sports/WBB-389949851.html
    This gal, Emma Ronnenberg, and 2 of the 5 recruits that Amy signed are not in Vermillion. They have 5 players of the 12 that have not logged a minute of college basketball. This includes Severyn and a redshirt freshman Bonar. Then there is the injury that might slow the elder Duffy. Fortunately, the yotes have a softer OOC schedule.

It's not difficult to see them tumbling out of the top 4 if Duffy misses most of the season (or more). Add her, 40% of their hyped-up recruiting class, and a very good coach to the losses of all those high-quality graduates and it might be quite the rebuilding year in Vermillion.

They are toast. Pass the jelly.

Looking at the mid-major WBB poll a few days ago,i noticed that IUPUI cracked the poll coming in at #25.That means that all four top teams in the Summit are in the mid-major top 25 teams.Quite the year for the Summit League I'd say. link: http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

Alan Greenspan