Summit League WBB 2016-17...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League WBB 2016-17...

Iowa ends USD's season 78-73. Gustafson from Iowa shoots 15-16 from the field. 2294 attendance. If the Jacks play on after tomorrow, it will be interesting to see who hosts. If Iowa out-bid USD, they very well may do the same to us.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Iowa ends USD's season 78-73. Gustafson from Iowa shoots 15-16 from the field. 2294 attendance. If the Jacks play on after tomorrow, it will be interesting to see who hosts. If Iowa out-bid USD, they very well may do the same to us.
      Atleast we know who won't host.

Comment

With them playing first,it gives us a heads up on the attendance figure we would surely have to best to get to host.We win against Colorado tomorrow first.(hope the crowds 2,294 +++).More $'s for our bid if we get a big crowd tomorrow.When's the bid have to be submitted?

Comment

I think the bids are already in. They announced immediately after our game was done Thursday night that we were hosting when we didn't even know who we would be playing.

Comment

I figured we would need around 4000 at the Colorado game if we wanted a chance to host Iowa. That would definitely do it! Heck, 3000 could do it for us!
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I think the bids are already in. They announced immediately after our game was done Thursday night that we were hosting when we didn't even know who we would be playing.
              This is how I remember it also - it's already known (but not announced) which of the three teams would host.

USD really hit the wall at the wrong time this year, losing four of their last five. It will be interesting to see how they replace Fogg. There's no obvious post returning next year.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                I figured we would need around 4000 at the Colorado game if we wanted a chance to host Iowa. That would definitely do it! Heck, 3000 could do it for us!
                I sure hope coach JR Payne ,coach of the Colorado Buffs is right in her prediction of 6,000 fans at Frost Arena.I really liked her as a coach when she coached SUU when they were in the Sunnit League. clip : (go to 4:23 mark for her comments about the Jacks)
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-19-2017, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Triple Crown Sports watches attendance numbers carefully. I thought I read somewhere that Iowa sold 11,000 tickets for USD game. Attendance is listed at 2,300 in the box score. I must have been confused. Looks like they had 3,300 for first round game. Maybe SDSU could have hosted?
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Triple Crown Sports watches attendance numbers carefully. I thought I read somewhere that Iowa sold 11,000 tickets for USD game. Attendance is listed at 2,300 in the box score. I must have been confused. Looks like they had 3,300 for first round game. Maybe SDSU could have hosted?
                    The 11,000 was the number for the USD-Iowa men's NIT game.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      It doesn't matter what could have happened; the season is over and the chance of hosting another Power 5 school is gone. Another great season is in the books, and it's time to look forward. Next year is going to be better for sure! (I am going to miss Clarissa, though.)
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                      X