Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Rave...I thought the athletic training staff did a nice job today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The refs were fantastic too

Another year, another game we **** the bed against a team we shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      If UNI wins tonight, things get more complicated. I can only hope that the Jacks got the poor performances out of their system and that Bobbit's injury isn't severe.
      No, they don't. That just means NDSU will get a lower seed. No way we get a seed over a one loss JMU, Citadel, CSU, Chatty, EWU, NDSU with two losses, SHSU, or Richmond with an FBS win. ZERO. We lost to a team with zero conference wins and to a mid teens Poly team at home. THERE IS NO CHANCE OF A SEED. Book it.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about JSU as well. We won't be seeded over them either. If we drop one more we are firmly on the bubble. The CAA will have possibly six teams with seven wins. Nevermind the amount of teams from other conferences. We better win out. Which is going to be a pain in the ass to pull off. We could NOT afford to drop this game.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        IIRC, Bobbitt came back a couple plays later. I could be wrong, though.
        Saw that too, but I also thought I noticed him favoring the arm/shoulder after a couple plays.

Comment

Well the #NegitiveNancy thing didn't work this time.Sorry "That's on me" . Prepare yourselves for the same thing for the next 2 years. A complete waste of the current talent.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            No, they don't. That just means NDSU will get a lower seed. No way we get a seed over a one loss JMU, Citadel, CSU, Chatty, EWU, NDSU with two losses, SHSU, or Richmond with an FBS win. ZERO. We lost to a team with zero conference wins and to a mid teens Poly team at home. THERE IS NO CHANCE OF A SEED. Book it.
            What I meant is that the road might not go through Fargo then. The only thing I can control is going to the games and cheering when I'm there.

I'm frustrated about the seeding situation too, but there's a lot of football left, and the Jacks have won in the playoffs on the road.

Comment

The plays at the end were in desperation. The bad start is what cost the Jacks the game. The defense had too many lapses. and Tayrn threw too many high balls. Still, the Jacks sit on the top of the conference with one loss and have the tiebreaker advantage over most of the other contenders. The Jacks still control their destiny and the possibility of a seed. Let's not jump off any water towers.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Home field advantage is just that in MVFC. A long trip and the local guys sleep in their own bed while ours toss and turn through the night and wake tired and do not play good.

Comment

I just thought about it, I shaved my beard for the first time since Cal Poly, this loss may be on me folks.

Comment

What I meant is that the road might not go through Fargo then. The only thing I can control is going to the games and cheering when I'm there.

I'm frustrated about the seeding situation too, but there's a lot of football left, and the Jacks have won in the playoffs on the road.
                    We have been not sent to Montana or Fargo exactly once. The road will STILL go through Fargo unless they drop two more. There is no way around that. And the only way we don't get sent through Fargo is if we get sent to an even higher seed. They will still get ranked with two losses especially with the Iowa win. Guess where that sends us? We maybe get lucky and host UND IF we can outbid them, which won't be easy with it being their first seaon in the playoffs. Oh, and we've won exactly twice on the roads in the playoffs. Whoopty do. There is nothing impressive in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      The plays at the end were in desperation. The bad start is what cost the Jacks the game. The defense had too many lapses. and Tayrn threw too many high balls. Still, the Jacks sit on the top of the conference with one loss and have the tiebreaker advantage over most of the other contenders. The Jacks still control their destiny and the possibility of a seed. Let's not jump off any water towers.
                      THERE IS NO CHANCE AT A SEED. Seriously, do none of you follow anything outside of the MVFC? We were at best a 5-6 seed if we won out. JFC.

Comment

Also, the fake field goal was really stupid. Like really, really stupid...and I like aggressive Stig.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          We have been not sent to Montana or Fargo exactly once. The road will STILL go through Fargo unless they drop two more. There is no way around that. And the only way we don't get sent through Fargo is if we get sent to an even higher seed. They will still get ranked with two losses especially with the Iowa win. Guess where that sends us? We maybe get lucky and host UND IF we can outbid them, which won't be easy with it being their first seaon in the playoffs. Oh, and we've won exactly twice on the roads in the playoffs. Whoopty do. There is nothing impressive in that.
                          If you've read my prior posts, you can probably tell that I try to find reasons for hope rather than believing games are lost before they're played. Not saying anyone should be enamored with a couple road playoff wins, but it shows that the team's capable of doing so. Conversely, one can point to games like today's and think the sky is falling. I hated watching this game, but it just means their remaining games are even more important.

Comment

If you've read my prior posts, you can probably tell that I try to find reasons for hope rather than believing games are lost before they're played. Not saying anyone should be enamored with a couple road playoff wins, but it shows that the team's capable of doing so. Conversely, one can point to games like today's and think the sky is falling. I hated watching this game, but it just means their remaining games are even more important.
                            There is far more evidence that we won't get it done than there is that we will. We seem incapable of handling success. Once we start to reach our potential we start to feel ourselves and then piss it away. If you can show me just one instance where that didn't happen in the last five years I will be all in on positive as well. Unfortunately there isn't one.

Comment

3 hours and 10 minutes of my Saturday I won't get back (turned it off after the pick 6).

How do we have no run game? Seriously. We have two of the best receivers in FCS which should draw all of the attention downfield, and we can't run the ball with any consistency. Also, TC spends way too much time focusing on the Big 2 IMO. Granted, he completes a ton of passes their way, but holy cats. Every time he drops back to pass its only a question of which of the two he targets. I'm amazed when anyone else on the team gets a reception.

Terrible effort today. Not sure if it is on the coaches or the players for coming out flat. I'll say players. I've been on the field for one of these games. Coaches coach, but players gotta play. When a team is that flat it is on the players. Refs were suspect at best, but this team is talented enough (at least I thought so until today) to overcome that and pull out a W.

Rant - bad miss on the replay costing a TD
                              Rave - we have a good long snapper
                              Rant - running game (see above)
                              Rant - our return game. Has football changed that much in 22 years since I played that having a good KO return team is impossible. Really? Has it? Do we have no athletes that can field a kick and burn it down field? We've upped the level of play at every position except we can't find a speedster to return kicks and 10 guys to block for him? Ahhh, good old 1994 when every kick return was the potential for a big play. (Anyone remember St. Cloud State player saying Herrboldt wasn't very fast even though he ran one back on them? I digress).
                              Rave - my wife made a good supper tonight and I enjoyed it with an Alaskan Brewery Freeride Pale Ale

Wow, most I've typed on this board in a while. I'm still PO'd over wasting my afternoon hoping things would turn around. Thankfully it was raining here in the Twin Cities so I didn't miss anything outside.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Plenty of blame to go around on this one:

-lots of penalties and many of the stupid variety
                                -Another terrible start
                                -we lose the turnover battle (2 in red zone)

The thing that killed us though is the play calling.
                                -4th&2 and we go empty backfield draw and get stopped
                                -4th&17 and we try a fake field goal! What the nutmeg?
                                -there were a number of other odd play calls

Tough one to swallow. You knew ISUR was going to put it together eventually and it was this week. You have to expect that and we weren't ready. A shame to see us waste such a huge opportunity.

There are still some pretty lofty things ahead for them if they win out.

Let's start with 1-0 next week and put a whipping on Mo St.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X