Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Because we haven't proved we are any different than years before. In fact, we continually prove we are exactly what people thought we were. Year after year.

Did we get jobbed by the officials for most of the game today? Absolutely. They were blatantly making up for the seven missed calls against ISUr the week before. Especially in the first half. They did make some awful calls the other way too. Doesn't matter though, the team didn't put in the effort that deserved a win. Like we did at Montana last year, Cal Poly this year, WIU last year, ISUr the year before that, YSU Hobo day the same year, NDSU last year, and on and on and on.

What makes you think we will get to the Semi finals or further? This team hasn't proven they can string together enough good games constantly to do it.
    This is it. Every year they do enough to get us excited. Then lose a game where we are favored.

Ive been pretty pessimistic towards the program but I thought after winning at NDSU and then beating a pretty good Youngstown team handily maybe we'd turned the corner. I actually bought tickets to the USedD game. Then today happened.

Winning the MVFC is still possible and we control our destiny but getting a seed is gone IMO which means we will be sent on the road. I have zero confidence we can string enough wins together to make a serious run at the NC especially on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Because we haven't proved we are any different than years before. In fact, we continually prove we are exactly what people thought we were. Year after year.

Did we get jobbed by the officials for most of the game today? Absolutely. They were blatantly making up for the seven missed calls against ISUr the week before. Especially in the first half. They did make some awful calls the other way too. Doesn't matter though, the team didn't put in the effort that deserved a win. Like we did at Montana last year, Cal Poly this year, WIU last year, ISUr the year before that, YSU Hobo day the same year, NDSU last year, and on and on and on.

What makes you think we will get to the Semi finals or further? This team hasn't proven they can string together enough good games constantly to do it.
      Just to lighten the mood a little,hope you don't take offense.I know you are disappointed with this loss and I am too. Your comment I have put in bold lettering above got me to thinking about this old you tube clip of NFL coaches and their rants....all time best rants.HERE it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Just to lighten the mood a little,hope you don't take offense.I know you are disappointed with this loss and I am too. Your comment I have put in bold lettering above got me to thinking about this old you tube clip of NFL coaches and their rants....all time best rants.HERE it is.
        Glad you caught that, that's what I was referencing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

You could see this coming from a mile away. The team was coming off two huge games and playing an away game against a team with their back against the wall. And Illinois St is better than 2-5. The sad part is that SDSU is a much better team than Illinois St.

On to Missouri St.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Any team capable of putting together a first half like we did last night is unlikely to close out the season with three straight wins. USD will be tough, UNI will be very tough and MSU has shown they are a different team than the past few years. Play much better or a couple more losses is a very real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Any team capable of putting together a first half like we did last night is unlikely to close out the season with three straight wins. USD will be tough, UNI will be very tough and MSU has shown they are a different team than the past few years. Play much better or a couple more losses is a very real possibility.
              On the one hand, I agree that any game in the Valley any weekend is likely to be tough; on the other hand, each of the Jacks' remaining opponents recent games had poor performances that rivaled the Jacks'.

Who knows what happens the next three weeks. The Jacks may get the MSU team that lost by almost 8 TDs to UNI or the one who lost by a FG to the 'Necks. USD's defense may be able to shut down the Jacks when needed, or they may revert to the defense that allowed WIU to rally from being down 17 on the road. Lastly, UNI may be inspired to save a head coach's job (or deflated because their season will already have been lost).

Others have pointed to a lack of leadership on the team. I am not so sure it is that simple -- in the postgame interview after the Jacks' win against NDSU, I believe it was Wieneke who mentioned Bobbit telling the offense the defense was going to get the ball back so the offense could win the game after Christion's end zone INT. That seems like exemplary leadership and team camaraderie to me. Admittedly, Bobbit's statement could just as likely have been proven false and the Jacks have fallen, but the fact that he was confident and committed enough to say it speaks volumes to me.

Heaven help the Jacks if the team's "leadership" and faith in one another were exemplified by the statements of some who seem ready to write off the Jacks after a loss, albeit one with several lapses and poor performances (not saying your post is an example of this Southeast). I have faith the Jacks will rally; again, I could be wrong. That's both the beauty and frustration of faith. While I am not blind to the Jacks' "warts" shown yesterday, I believe they will turn the page and make them an anomaly.

Comment

This is what I know about yesterday. We, as fans, have been asked to do more. In other words, the SDSU Athletic Department has raised its expectations of us - and we have responded. In turn, we have raised our expectations about the football program. A quarterback throws for 400 yards and we lose? We get almost twice as many total yards as our opponent and we lose by 17 points? That many times into the red zone without getting an points? It's pathetic. In this era of demanding more money from fans, we now have the full-fledged right to complain as much as we want. The DII days of accepting average to above seasons are dead. It's time for people to put on big boy pants and start delivering.

Comment

If I were to pick out one play that defined the game is was the 15 yard penalty by #12 on 3rd down. ISU goes in to score a touchdown. Huge play in the game. What a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    This is what I know about yesterday. We, as fans, have been asked to do more. In other words, the SDSU Athletic Department has raised its expectations of us - and we have responded. In turn, we have raised our expectations about the football program. A quarterback throws for 400 yards and we lose? We get almost twice as many total yards as our opponent and we lose by 17 points? That many times into the red zone without getting an points? It's pathetic. In this era of demanding more money from fans, we now have the full-fledged right to complain as much as we want. The DII days of accepting average to above seasons are dead. It's time for people to put on big boy pants and start delivering.
                    Point taken, but there are too many games left to say the team cannot/will not meet fans' expectations. This loss could very well start a rather epic collapse, but it could also lead to changes that spur a dramatic playoff run. None of us know which will occur.

The red zone inefficiency is one aspect that I have not mentioned which does trouble me. I have wondered for some time whether Mengarelli should be used more like Kool with swing passes or as a slot receiver rather than trying to run him between the tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                      If I were to pick out one play that defined the game is was the 15 yard penalty by #12 on 3rd down. ISU goes in to score a touchdown. Huge play in the game. What a killer.
                      Didn't they have an interception after the "non-TD" that was reviewed? If so, that would've been quite a momentum swing too.

Comment

• GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

"In this era of demanding more money from fans, we now have the full-fledged right to complain as much as we want. The DII days of accepting average to above seasons are dead. It's time for people to put on big boy pants and start delivering."

No one is demanding more money from fans, you have an option of going to the game or watching it on espn 3 or whatever tv station it is broadcast on.

What you are paying money for is an experience on game day/or entertainment not the right to coach a team. If you drive or flew over to the game yesterday then you spent money on entertaining yourself and family or friends, if you didn't then you can't really complain about the cost of going to the game and being entertained.

Yes cost of tickets went up, but just like you would expect to pay more going to a nice restraunt then you would going to a McDonald's. You are going to pay more going to a nicer stadium then the cow pasture we were playing in.

The only two people that really are invested monetarily more then entertainment are Denny and Dana which even with them basically they have a huge donation (tax write off). I highly doubt Dana or Denny are wasting time on the message boards complaining they didn't get their money's worth.

I've been sitting back quiet all year reading the boards and seeing a lot of people flying high on wins and low on losses. I came to realize a long time ago as a fan you can't let how your team did control your week, your still going to be a fan (trust me I've been a Raiders fan for some reason for 30 years). It's entertainment for the weekend sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Comment

I will defend the fake field goal try. If I heard Stig correctly after the game, the play was for a pass or a run. He said we had an open receiver in the flat that had the yards. The QB made the decision to run. Playing to win! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            I will defend the fake field goal try. If I heard Stig correctly after the game, the play was for a pass or a run. He said we had an open receiver in the flat that had the yards. The QB made the decision to run. Playing to win! Go Jacks!!
                            I don't know that Christion had much of a choice. I heard Stig say Goedert was open also, but if I remember correctly watching the replay there were one, if not two defenders close to him. If you needed to gain 7 yards I would say go for it, but you need to fool everyone on defense to gain 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              We had a receiver open that would have gotten us 17 yards? I didn't notice that when I watched it. Could have missed it I guess. Still think it was an incredibly dumb call. Really indefensible IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tck9199 View Post
                                "In this era of demanding more money from fans, we now have the full-fledged right to complain as much as we want. The DII days of accepting average to above seasons are dead. It's time for people to put on big boy pants and start delivering."

No one is demanding more money from fans, you have an option of going to the game or watching it on espn 3 or whatever tv station it is broadcast on.

What you are paying money for is an experience on game day/or entertainment not the right to coach a team. If you drive or flew over to the game yesterday then you spent money on entertaining yourself and family or friends, if you didn't then you can't really complain about the cost of going to the game and being entertained.

Yes cost of tickets went up, but just like you would expect to pay more going to a nice restraunt then you would going to a McDonald's. You are going to pay more going to a nicer stadium then the cow pasture we were playing in.

The only two people that really are invested monetarily more then entertainment are Denny and Dana which even with them basically they have a huge donation (tax write off). I highly doubt Dana or Denny are wasting time on the message boards complaining they didn't get their money's worth.

I've been sitting back quiet all year reading the boards and seeing a lot of people flying high on wins and low on losses. I came to realize a long time ago as a fan you can't let how your team did control your week, your still going to be a fan (trust me I've been a Raiders fan for some reason for 30 years). It's entertainment for the weekend sometimes good and sometimes bad.

No one is demanding more $? How do you explain the minimum donation requirements for season tickets? I'm also positive donors were asked to give give give for the new stadium. With that we've got a right to expect more. No one is running to Sell demanding change.

Comment

Working...
                                X