Jackrabbit Journal - October 26 Episode - Midco Sports Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Journal - October 26 Episode - Midco Sports Network

The latest Jackrabbit Journal is now online! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWKs5CRRt2w

Segment 1: Host Tom Nieman and analyst Hank McCall break down SDSU's Hobo Day win over Youngstown State.

Segment 2: Tom breaks down the 1st half highlights with Coach Stig.

Segment 3: Tom and Coach Stig break down the 2nd half highlights.

Segment 4: A feature on quarterback Taryn Christion, his recruiting process and why he's matured in his 2nd season.

Segment 5: A quick preview of the Illinois State game.

Re: Jackrabbit Journal - October 26 Episode - Midco Sports Network

Nice spotlight on TC's progression. For all the discussion in the off-season on whether the starter should be TC or Lujan, I think TC has proved they made the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Nice spotlight on TC's progression. For all the discussion in the off-season on whether the starter should be TC or Lujan, I think TC has proved they made the right decision.
      Obviously its impossible to say what Lujan would or wouldn't have done if he were the starter, but sure looks like its working as good as anyone could have hoped and there is no second guessing the choice.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGetJacked View Post
        The latest Jackrabbit Journal is now online! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWKs5CRRt2w

Segment 1: Host Tom Nieman and analyst Hank McCall break down SDSU's Hobo Day win over Youngstown State.

Segment 2: Tom breaks down the 1st half highlights with Coach Stig.

Segment 3: Tom and Coach Stig break down the 2nd half highlights.

Segment 4: A feature on quarterback Taryn Christion, his recruiting process and why he's matured in his 2nd season.

Segment 5: A quick preview of the Illinois State game.
        Segment 5 was indeed a quick preview. I did not learn much from that segment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Segment 5 was indeed a quick preview. I did not learn much from that segment.
          He didn't say indepth.....
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Who needs the Argus Leader when you have Tom and Hank on our side

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Definitely going to be leaning on them a lot more now. I can tell coverage is really going to be hurting from the Argus just from Zimmers twitter, through no fault of his own. I've noticed that South Dakota puts a lot more emphasis on high school sports over the college teams a lot since I moved out here in 07, and with making the beat writers cover high school and college I don't think we're going to get much from the Argus during the week anymore.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                Definitely going to be leaning on them a lot more now. I can tell coverage is really going to be hurting from the Argus just from Zimmers twitter, through no fault of his own. I've noticed that South Dakota puts a lot more emphasis on high school sports over the college teams a lot since I moved out here in 07, and with making the beat writers cover high school and college I don't think we're going to get much from the Argus during the week anymore.
                If the two person sports staff is going to be a permanent situation and they are expected to cover four colleges, four pro teams plus high school sports, you have to wonder how long it will be before one/both of Zimmer and Mick look for greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Definitely a fan of the Jackrabbit Journal. The only thing I'd like to see added again is Tom and Hank offering predicted outcome for upcoming game at the end of show.

Too bad Matt Zimmer couldn't just join forces with Midco. He could still contribute to HS sports reports, if he wanted

Comment

Working...
                  X