Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FCS Rankings

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    If you watch the polls at all, the Coaches Poll has consistently had us lower than the Stats Poll. Additionally, the Coaches Poll has consistently had USD ranked higher than in the Stats Poll. I would bet my next paycheck a big reason for that is some coaches mistakenly think USD is SDSU. No other explanation, really. The Coaches Poll is the least reliable and/or fact based IMO.
    First of all, the fact that NDSU is ranked higher than you is a farce. SDSU is deserving of a higher ranking no matter what poll. You might be the best team in the country right now at the FCS level. Although they are certainly capable of winning another title, my money says NDSU will not win the championship this year. They are still really good, but not like in years past. In my opinion, you dominated them.

Now regarding the coaches poll vs. the Stats poll, again I don't understand why the coaches don't show you more love, but the Stats poll is borderline ridiculous. As an example, Montana State is receiving enough votes that would place them about 30th. They are 2-5. One win against Bryant University and one win against Division II Western Oregon. They are WINLESS in the Big Sky. Winless, and they are roughly 30th? No way.

I'm not tooting USD's horn yet, but we are vastly improved. We were extremely fortunate to have won last Saturday, but we did. If, and this is a real big if, we win against Western Illinois then us being ranked in the Top 25 is warranted in my estimation. Although you will probably roll your eyes at this, but USD beating NDSU in Vermillion is not out of the realm of possibility. Not likely, but not totally without merit. NDSU is NOT the NDSU of old. I think you are the cream of the crop right now in The Valley. Your loss to Cal-Poly is no big deal. NDSU losing to Montana and USD last year didn't hurt them, no reason a qualified committee member doesn't choose you higher.

in closing, I want to take your bet of your next paycheck that voters are mistaking SDSU for USD. If that was the case, we'd be higher yet. 🤔 Not sure what your pay stub amounts to but I like the odds of it landing in my bank account.

Comment

The Jacks just have to keep winning. The polls will catch up. NDSU will probably have to get beat again before it drops. More likely, the Bison will slowly climb in the ratings. The five-time champ is going to get any benefit of the doubt. They've probably earned that. Meanwhile, convincing wins this coming weekend should vault SDSU into the top 5 and USD into the top 20. We'll see.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        The Jacks just have to keep winning. The polls will catch up. NDSU will probably have to get beat again before it drops. More likely, the Bison will slowly climb in the ratings. The five-time champ is going to get any benefit of the doubt. They've probably earned that. Meanwhile, convincing wins this coming weekend should vault SDSU into the top 5 and USD into the top 20. We'll see.
        NDSU only lost by 2 with 1 second left after leading the whole game against a really good team. hard to argue they should be lower then they are. we could and probably should have put a few more touchdowns on the board against them, but aside from us being in first place in MVFC, they have a better resume at this point IMHO. Even take way our TCU loss and their iowa win, and our loss to cal poly hurts us more then ndsu losing to us. not much, but enough NDSU lost too a better team then we did.

Lets hope cal poly has a great end of the season, that would really help us too.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          You know something is wrong with a poll when the Jacks go up only 4 spots after beating the #1 team on the road and another top 15 team at home after already beating another top 10 team at home (WIU).

I lost all faith in that poll when I think it was either last year or the year before when USD was receiving votes while having a .500 record or a losing record because coaches (probably from the East Coast) were confusing South Dakota and South Dakota State.
          Do you suppose the same thing is happening this year? Coaches are excluding us in their votes not knowing the difference between us and the school to the south? Could explain why we aren't rising is quickly in the coaches poll as we should be...

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Personally I like AGS rankings the best.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...K-8-10-24-2016

The poll is done by a plethora of fans who actually pay attention and study the games and teams involved, rather than stat guys/assistants (coach's poll) or computers (stats poll).

AGS has Sam Houston a bit lower (#4). Probably a better placement, IMO.

I can't argue with anyone else above SDSU (AGS poll.)
            I like following AGS too. I check their website occasionally when I'm bored. It's a great site for FCS football.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
              Do you suppose the same thing is happening this year? Coaches are excluding us in their votes not knowing the difference between us and the school to the south? Could explain why we aren't rising is quickly in the coaches poll as we should be...
              USD is a top 25 team IMO.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
                No USeD is proving to be a very solid team when they don't turn the ball over. I would vote them top 25.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

was not surprised to see USD ranked, their team is pretty solid.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    First of all, the fact that NDSU is ranked higher than you is a farce. SDSU is deserving of a higher ranking no matter what poll. You might be the best team in the country right now at the FCS level. Although they are certainly capable of winning another title, my money says NDSU will not win the championship this year. They are still really good, but not like in years past. In my opinion, you dominated them.

Now regarding the coaches poll vs. the Stats poll, again I don't understand why the coaches don't show you more love, but the Stats poll is borderline ridiculous. As an example, Montana State is receiving enough votes that would place them about 30th. They are 2-5. One win against Bryant University and one win against Division II Western Oregon. They are WINLESS in the Big Sky. Winless, and they are roughly 30th? No way.

I'm not tooting USD's horn yet, but we are vastly improved. We were extremely fortunate to have won last Saturday, but we did. If, and this is a real big if, we win against Western Illinois then us being ranked in the Top 25 is warranted in my estimation. Although you will probably roll your eyes at this, but USD beating NDSU in Vermillion is not out of the realm of possibility. Not likely, but not totally without merit. NDSU is NOT the NDSU of old. I think you are the cream of the crop right now in The Valley. Your loss to Cal-Poly is no big deal. NDSU losing to Montana and USD last year didn't hurt them, no reason a qualified committee member doesn't choose you higher.

in closing, I want to take your bet of your next paycheck that voters are mistaking SDSU for USD. If that was the case, we'd be higher yet. �� Not sure what your pay stub amounts to but I like the odds of it landing in my bank account.
                    Those Milwaukee Lawyers probably do pretty good financially. You might even be able to afford a trip to Frisco to see the Jacks play. HAHA. Just joking!!! Your points on the polls are spot on. Montana State is rated?? That is a shocker. USD and SDSU are so often confused by those people from non-boarding states. They just don't know any better and being a fly over state also adds to the confusion. Pierre, North Dakota? I still hear that once and awhile. When I type in SDSU on YouTube, I get San Diego State. I am thinking maybe we should go back to old reference of South Dakota State College.

None-the-less Bob Nielsen has the yotes going in the right direction. Winning close games is a big sign of progress. I am not so sure about Nov 12th. I love your coaches traditional white shirt and tie and coat and pants attire. A throw back to the days of Harry Gamage and Ralph Ginn.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-25-2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I have no problem with NDSU being ranked above us despite the head to head result. Also, the reports of NDSU's demise seem awfully suspect considering they have wins over highly ranked Charleston Southern and Eastern Washington, top 20 Western Illinois, and a 5-3 Iowa.

I also agree that USD absolutely deserves to be ranked, and had they not pissed away the UND game, they'd be sitting at 5-2 like us with only losses to FBS New Mexico and ranked Youngstown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        I have no problem with NDSU being ranked above us despite the head to head result. Also, the reports of NDSU's demise seem awfully suspect considering they have wins over highly ranked Charleston Southern and Eastern Washington, top 20 Western Illinois, and a 5-3 Iowa.

I also agree that USD absolutely deserves to be ranked, and had they not pissed away the UND game, they'd be sitting at 5-2 like us with only losses to FBS New Mexico and ranked Youngstown.
                        Ndsu luck was at it again. Because ewu and csu kickers can't make a game winning fg is why ndsu won those. Same reason they won at Iowa. Woulda coulda shoulda and they make those 3kicks and ndsu has 3 losses. But I am glad they missed so sdsu could beat the number 1 ranked team again.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Those Milwaukee Lawyers probably do pretty good financially. You might even be able to afford a trip to Frisco to see the Jacks play. HAHA. Just joking!!! Your points on the polls are spot on. Montana State is rated?? That is a shocker. USD and SDSU are so often confused by those people from non-boarding states. They just don't know any better and being a fly over state does also adds to the confusion. Pierre, North Dakota? I still hear that once and awhile. When I type in SDSU on YouTube, I get San Diego State. I am thinking maybe we should go back to old reference of South Dakota State College.

None-the-less Bob Nielsen has the yotes going in the right direction. Winning close games is a big sign of progress. I am not so sure about Nov 12th. I love your coaches traditional white shirt and tie and coat and pants attire. A throw back to the days of Harry Gamage and Ralph Ginn.
                          Montana State isn't ranked, but they are receiving votes for some reason.
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I enjoy following these rankings as well.

http://ncaa.bcmoorerankings.com/fb/2...st/1BRank.html

Comment

FCS Rankings

Let's win football games. The rankings will be what they are. We screwed ourselves last year by losing a game to WIU that we shouldn't have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                Let's win football games. The rankings will be what they are. We screwed ourselves last year by losing a game to WIU that we shouldn't have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                This x10000000000

We CANT lay an egg.

Comment

Working...
                                X