Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Redbirds

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    It looks like the Argus Leader made some cuts. They now have two sports writers (I think Mick and Matt) for all of Sioux Falls HS, college, etc. This will decrease SDSU coverage whether they say it or not.
    I saw something on their website about changes at the argus. If Matt and mick are all the sports they have. That's tough for a lot to cover. Hopefully they got a raise out of the deal with more to cover.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I saw something on their website about changes at the argus. If Matt and mick are all the sports they have. That's tough for a lot to cover. Hopefully they got a raise out of the deal with more to cover.
      Yep. Ian Frazer was let go. He did Augie, USF, and high school sports.

Zim and Mick are the only sportswriters on staff at this point. Not good for coverage. Hopefully Zim doesn't have to go back to doing USF/Augie and SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Yep. Ian Frazer was let go. He did Augie, USF, and high school sports.

Zim and Mick are the only sportswriters on staff at this point. Not good for coverage. Hopefully Zim doesn't have to go back to doing USF/Augie and SDSU.
        I can't even imagine what those 2 are going to go through in the coming weeks. Those are going to be some long days and unfortunately, some of the SDSU coverage may suffer because of it. Hopefully even understands this and doesn't attack Zimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          I can't even imagine what those 2 are going to go through in the coming weeks. Those are going to be some long days and unfortunately, some of the SDSU coverage may suffer because of it. Hopefully even understands this and doesn't attack Zimmer.
          As one of my former bosses once told me, "You can't save your way into prosperity."

I think the Argus has trimmed all the fat it could and is now hacking away at muscle and bone.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It looks like the Argus Leader made some cuts. They now have two sports writers (I think Mick and Matt) for all of Sioux Falls HS, college, etc. This will decrease SDSU coverage whether they say it or not.
            The Monday and other daily issues has been cut down to two sections. The Argus is not doing all that well. Its a shame and yes SDSU coverage will without a doubt suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              As one of my former bosses once told me, "You can't save your way into prosperity."

I think the Argus has trimmed all the fat it could and is now hacking away at muscle and bone.
              Nice analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                YEah all the sdsu sports is hard enough to keep up on, so the none revenue stuff will really get nothing. not like they got much before, but football and basketball over lap. and high school football playoffs will need coverage. seems like did a lot with the high school stuff, so that's a bummer. Wonder if they got rid of the stuff that had the lower clicks online. when and if zim has a chance for the live chat, will have to ask about it. Maybe he has to take SDSU and USf and mick gets USD and Auge and the split the highscool stuff. or Zim takes USF and Augie back and Mick takes the high school stuff.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just watched most of the replay of the ISUr @ USD game last weekend. Couple of things that caught my eye. ISU'S big back #27 fumbled twice inside the USD 5 yard line, hopefully something the Jacks saw and can maybe take advantage of this weekend. Also a big gutsy call for ISU in midway through the 4th to fake punt on their own 44 yard line, which ISU easily converted, surprising speed by the punter. A wrinkle the Jacks need to be aware of. ISU had plenty of chances and probably should have won that game at USD. If they limit their mistakes this week, we are in for a very tough game.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                    Just watched most of the replay of the ISUr @ USD game last weekend. Couple of things that caught my eye. ISU'S big back #27 fumbled twice inside the USD 5 yard line, hopefully something the Jacks saw and can maybe take advantage of this weekend. Also a big gutsy call for ISU in midway through the 4th to fake punt on their own 44 yard line, which ISU easily converted, surprising speed by the punter. A wrinkle the Jacks need to be aware of. ISU had plenty of chances and probably should have won that game at USD. If they limit their mistakes this week, we are in for a very tough game.
                    I agree. I think ISU is way better than they're getting credit for. This is going to be a really tough game. I wouldn't be surprised if SDSU lost this one.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I agree. I think ISU is way better than they're getting credit for. This is going to be a really tough game. I wouldn't be surprised if SDSU lost this one.
                      Yes they lost some very close games, but lets hope we get a jump like last Saturday.

Comment

We are going to be out coached and out played, defense is weak we lose by 14. That's my prediction. #NegitiveNancy

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          We are going to be out coached and out played, defense is weak we lose by 14. That's my prediction. #NegitiveNancy
                          I agree. I put my money on ISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I agree. I put my money on ISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Speaking of money, we are 7 point favorites. Definitely showing a lot of respect for us, considering NDSU is only a 4 point favorite at UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

More like scooping out their own brains, zombie style.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel
                                Spend your way to prosperity,kind of like our Country has been doing the last 50+ years....hows that been working out,and how much longer can we keep the creditors at bay?China ownes this country.It'll all come crashing down like a house of cards someday.Enron (sp) managed for awhile,everyone thought they were much to large to fail.....they weren't.This is drifting periously close to becoming political,so I'll stop right here.Let's just say I don't think it's very smart to spend money you don't have and acquiring huge amounts of debt you cannot possibly pay back because of the interest you have to pay for credit.Borrowed money is not cheap money.Your gamble better pay off,or your screwed!Big spenders and high rollers are just as likely to lead you down the path of destruction as they are to lead you to prosperity.It all hinges on how good their Ideas are,doesn't it.For every one that makes it big,there are probably ten who tried and failed,these are the ones you never hear much about.I have nothing against having big dreams,but they don't all work out.
                                You win thread drift of the day...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X