Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology

College Sports Madness as of week 8 has SDSU as a 6 seed in its projected bracket playing the winner of an Eastern Illinois/Chattanooga game in the second round. They have NDSU the number 1 overall seed playing the winner of a North Dakota/Western Illinois game. YSU is in the same bracket with NDSU with a potential match up in the third round SDSU is in the opposite bracket.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

Re: Bracketology

I know the fat lady has yet to warm up - 2 thoughts - It's nice to see someone else penciled in for the Fargo trip in round 2 - and there is still bias re the MVFC'. Big Sky and probably others get spread through more than 2 quadrants. our fellow conference members get the honor of beating up on each other!

Time will tell! Go Jacks!!

Comment

If that plays out, hopefully the Jacks repeat their last Eastern Illinois playoff game and then get revenge on Cal Poly in the quarterfinals.

It'd be great if the Jacks could take a jump in the rankings. With EWU playing Cal Poly next month, Richmond playing James Madison, and NDSU having what could be tough opponents, that is a possibility.

Comment

Interesting to note, that NAU beat Montana yesterday, by two scores.

Comment

I have no problem with this, meet NDSU (or EWU) in Frisco. I hope this holds.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I'm ok with it but...well yeah, wow. I just am not buying the FCS polls or system. I have a tough time believing that the persons who are polled know much about anyone's team except their own. I'd like to think I'm wrong but I just can't see it.

Comment

From the Billings Gazette earlier this year:

MISSOULA — When the Football Championship Subdivision playoff field expanded from 16 to 24 teams in 2013, brackets became more regionalized as a cost-saving measure.

That might not be the case starting in the 2016 postseason.

The NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee recently recommended the expansion of available charter flights in the first two rounds. That means the Division I Football Championship Committee, which is responsible for playoff selections and seeding, could be less tied to setting matchups based on proximity early in the bracket, said Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey, the Big Sky Conference's representative on the committee.

The proposal, which could go into effect for this upcoming season, must still be approved by the NCAA Division I Council when it meets in October.

The policy would come into play should four or more teams from one conference make the 24-team field, giving the selection committee the freedom to spread them out in the bracket. The NCAA would then pay for airfare if necessary when it previously would have required a team to bus to its playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                From the Billings Gazette earlier this year:

MISSOULA — When the Football Championship Subdivision playoff field expanded from 16 to 24 teams in 2013, brackets became more regionalized as a cost-saving measure.

That might not be the case starting in the 2016 postseason.

The NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee recently recommended the expansion of available charter flights in the first two rounds. That means the Division I Football Championship Committee, which is responsible for playoff selections and seeding, could be less tied to setting matchups based on proximity early in the bracket, said Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey, the Big Sky Conference's representative on the committee.

The proposal, which could go into effect for this upcoming season, must still be approved by the NCAA Division I Council when it meets in October.

The policy would come into play should four or more teams from one conference make the 24-team field, giving the selection committee the freedom to spread them out in the bracket. The NCAA would then pay for airfare if necessary when it previously would have required a team to bus to its playoff game.
                This sounds awesome, but the reality is it won't affect us much at all. If the Valley gets in four or more, odds are one of the teams will be an eastern team like ISUr, YSU, or WIU. So thats the easy team to put on the other side of the bracket and still keep some of their precious 'regional" matchups. We will be still stuck with NDSU, Montana, ect. Just reality.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Here's a look from our friends in Fargo: https://www.bisonmediazone.com/2016-bracketology-7-0/

It means nothing, but an interesting scenario.

Comment

Working...
                  X