Sam Zenner - Track Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Zenner - Track Team

Coach Dehaven's comments for media day. Mentioned Sam Zenner going to run track.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jtyPy5mWs

Re: Sam Zenner - Track Team

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Coach Dehaven's comments for media day. Mentioned Sam Zenner going to run track.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jtyPy5mWs
    Good for him. He was a great high school track athlete. According to the info given to me, his heart just wasn't into the grind of football, even though the staff thought he would be pretty good. He decided to concentrate on his studies and that is great and we are lucky if he will join the track team.

Comment

Sam Zenner breaks the school record in the 60-meter dash, running a time of 6.84 seconds!
      #RunRabbits. According to track twitter

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        Sam Zenner breaks the school record in the 60-meter dash, running a time of 6.84 seconds!
        #RunRabbits. According to track twitter
        I remember when Zack was interviewed once and asked about a comparison with his younger brother, and he said, "Well, I know he is faster than I am." We're going to be glad he is out for track, and didn't give up school.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          I remember when Zack was interviewed once and asked about a comparison with his younger brother, and he said, "Well, I know he is faster than I am." We're going to be glad he is out for track, and didn't give up school.
          I forget, why did he leave the football team? just wasn't into it or injuries, or stuck low on the depth chart? or something else?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I forget, why did he leave the football team? just wasn't into it or injuries, or stuck low on the depth chart? or something else?
            Injuries and lack of passion for football if I remember correctly from Stig at a Stater's Luncheon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Injuries and lack of passion for football if I remember correctly from Stig at a Stater's Luncheon.
              I know a lot of guys after years of working so hard, or so many injuries, are just ready to hang it up. Sort of seemed Schoff was in that group. Always think he would have been one of the all time best. Glad he stuck it out at SDSU.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I know a lot of guys after years of working so hard, or so many injuries, are just ready to hang it up. Sort of seemed Schoff was in that group. Always think he would have been one of the all time best. Glad he stuck it out at SDSU.
                Schoff didn't hang it up because of lack of interest, his body just simply wouldn't heal enough to enable him to play. His knee just couldn't handle it.

Comment

Schoff didn't hang it up because of lack of interest, his body just simply wouldn't heal enough to enable him to play. His knee just couldn't handle it.
                  I knew a couple guys from his hometown. They told me after Schoff verballed that he was hurt a fair bit and doubted he would make it through college. They were right. The physical tools were there but some people just aren't very durable.

Comment

With all the mass that OL/DL carry, it's surprising more of them don't end up in a heap. It's no wonder that many of them lose massive amounts of weight when their playing days are over. I've seen pictures of some of them that you would not believe that they weighed 300 lbs when they played.

Comment

I didn't mean it that way, but after injury and grinding so long, guys are just ready to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        With all the mass that OL/DL carry, it's surprising more of them don't end up in a heap. It's no wonder that many of them lose massive amounts of weight when their playing days are over. I've seen pictures of some of them that you would not believe that they weighed 300 lbs when they played.
                        Or skilled position players who were great athletes who years later look like they would struggle in a beer league playing sports.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I know, this is off the track. Body mass v. bone structure should be a concern to all athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                            I know, this is off the track. Body mass v. bone structure should be a concern to all athletes.
                            And the rest of us need to worry about fat mass vs bone structure. The joints certainly absorb significant stress.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                              I know of at least one school in our league who specifically looks at this. Not to put too much weight on individuals who wouldn't be able to handle it. DEXA scans helps with.

Comment

Working...
                              X