All things uniform related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things uniform related

In an effort to eliminate thread drift and keep others who don't care about this discussion, I thought I'd start this discussion.

Re: All things uniform related

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    In an effort to eliminate thread drift and keep others who don't care about this discussion, I thought I'd start this discussion.
    Give me black Unis Yellow highlights and BLUE CHROME Helmets Stretch SD one side Running rabbit other and #'s on the back. Pretty much my wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Give me black Unis Yellow highlights and BLUE CHROME Helmets Stretch SD one side Running rabbit other and #'s on the back. Pretty much my wish list.
      I'm thinking it'll be a variation of blue with the helmet. I personally would go for a blue carbon fiber look, stretch SD and the Rabbit. Chrome or Matte will be great as well. I'd love to see a white helmet for away games but doubt that'll happen...

I like the rabbit on the helmet, just wish they'd give a touch of white in the eye to make it pop.

Uni's wise I'd love an all black, blue with yellow highlights...

Comment

I would like to see the storm trooper look. Matted white helmets. White pants that spell out Jackrabbits down one leg. All black is played out in my opinion. Anyone know if there is an old school uniform from years ago? Maybe something vintage for Hobo Day.
        We...ARE...STATE!
        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
          I would like to see the storm trooper look. Matted white helmets. White pants that spell out Jackrabbits down one leg. All black is played out in my opinion. Anyone know if there is an old school uniform from years ago? Maybe something vintage for Hobo Day.
          I don't know if this was an actual jersey or just a replica, but it would be a cool, simple throwback jersey. It's from an ebay listing that ended without anyone buying it.

Or something with the old SD logo that is featured on some vintage apparel that the bookstore sells would be really cool.

Comment

Would never happen, but if you are going to do alternates, might as well go big. Black/chrome is so overused, do something completely new and different.

Blaze orange tops with dark brown numbers and brown RABBITS on the chest, hunter brown pants, and blaze orange helmet with pheasant decals and hunter brown facemask.

Picture something like below except in a football uniform.

-Heads would explode
            -Players would love it
            -Under Armor would love it as it promotes two product lines - hunting and football
            -SD tourism would love it - it would draw attention to one of the state's biggest tourist attractions to a national base with money to spend (college football fans)
            -It could become a new tradition. First home game after opener we wear our hunting alternates. Fans start wearing orange to that game every year, many dollars of merchandise are sold, call it the Pheasant Classic.
            -The sponsorship opportunities are very good - assuming ivory tower types could stomach taking money from gun manufacturers or the hunting industry.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
              I was with you until here. Please don't do this.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                I don't know if this was an actual jersey or just a replica, but it would be a cool, simple throwback jersey. It's from an ebay listing that ended without anyone buying it.

If it ended without anyone buying it, how did you get it???

I do like that look though, nice and simple.

I am a traditionalist as far as uniforms. The blue Nikes with yellow lettering were probably overly simple but to the classic. I also prefer yellow pants for both home and away (yes white over yellow isn't great but like I said simple).

Being a Hawkeye fan, adapting the Steelers look and swapping out black with blue would make me happy.

I like the stretch SD on the helmet.
                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

not a fan of vintage uniforms, Pittsburgh's bumble bee uniform was a wtf are they wearing moment, Green Bay's from last weekend were fugly also. not big on the orange jerseys brown pant either too Cleveland Brownish, why give non fans a reason to say "they look like idiots in those" especially if you lose. stick with the school colors and jazz them up to look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                    That's a picture from the listing on eBay. You can still view them after an auction ends. I did consider buying it and adding it to my 'man cave', but I forgot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      That's a picture from the listing on eBay. You can still view them after an auction ends. I did consider buying it and adding it to my 'man cave', but I forgot about it.
                      Ah, I need to up my eBay game then, I completely missed that one.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Something in yellow and blue will work so as to give the fans a distinction from the red and black of YSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Something in yellow and blue will work so as to give the fans a distinction from the red and black of YSU.
                          Pretty sure YSU will be wearing white and red road uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

I do like that look though, nice and simple.

I am a traditionalist as far as uniforms. The blue Nikes with yellow lettering were probably overly simple but to the classic. I also prefer yellow pants for both home and away (yes white over yellow isn't great but like I said simple).

Being a Hawkeye fan, adapting the Steelers look and swapping out black with blue would make me happy.

I like the stretch SD on the helmet.
                            The one when run berry was qb were the best. Blue Jersey and yellow numbers and yellow pants. No white or outlines or anything. Clean and classic. Agree yellow pants at home but I have been wanting white pants for years sincerely it's old school thing we use to do. The white on the road the last few games have been the best road uniforms we have ever had. I like the shoulder and pants stripes. Can never go wrong with the traditional or classic style.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              Pretty sure YSU will be wearing white and red road uniforms.
                              Yes with black trim on the numerals.
                              http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/index

Comment

Working...
                              X