Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The big advantage the Jacks offense has on Saturday, and will have for the rest of the conference season is that we are a potent passing offense in a league where teams build their defenses to stop the power running game, with some passing mixed in. No one has a scout team that can come even close to replicating the talent in the Jacks passing game. Even TCU, who plays in a pass oriented conference, basically had no answer for our passing game. If the OL can continue to protect Christion well, teams will have to put up a lot of points to keep up with the Jacks.
    If we could handle YSU last year and we looked good on the road at NDSU, the team should hopefully have the game plan ready. If they break the pressure and blitz I hope we have the plays to take advantage of them trying to force extra pressure. Now if their front 4 can get TC to scramble it might be a long day for him, but I don't see them shutting down our offense. They have only played 2 road games so far and one at ISU red and they are down for sure this year since conference play started. Their other games where hard fought wins home in conference against USD and UNI, They had a good lead started on USD but really didn't put them away, USD fought hard in the second half, and UNI had the lead on the road for most of the game with an offense that really hasn't gotten going. I think the only thing that will lose us the game is if we come out flat. I would like to think we can put 30 or more on them and I don't see their offense being able to generate the scores like SIU and cal poly did. part of me hopes they blitz, as long as we can see where its coming from, I could see the wizard and Goed having a big day taking advantage of that.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Early forecast's are calling for great weather to #ChuckThePigskin, so let's do that.

Comment

Wasn't Wells their STarting QB? is he injured or what? his name on the roster looks familiar. or did he just get passed on the depth chart?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Wasn't Wells their STarting QB? is he injured or what? his name on the roster looks familiar. or did he just get passed on the depth chart?
          Davis has started 5 games and left in the first half after a sack. Hosick played the backup and injured the collarbone. Red shirt freshman Mays was the second half QB. Mays is the largest of the 3 at 6'3" and 215. Even though there was a few passes in the first half, the throws by Davis were floating a bit in the wind and there was a couple of drops. Running the ball will be the place the YSU yards have come thus far this year.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Davis has started 5 games and left in the first half after a sack. Hosick played the backup and injured the collarbone. Red shirt freshman Mays was the second half QB. Mays is the largest of the 3 at 6'3" and 215. Even though there was a few passes in the first half, the throws by Davis were floating a bit in the wind and there was a couple of drops. Running the ball will be the place the YSU yards have come thus far this year.
            Davis seems more dual threat then Wells was. Wells started for them last year when we beat them and it says he is a junior on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Davis seems more dual threat then Wells was. Wells started for them last year when we beat them and it says he is a junior on the roster.
              Ricky Davis is a run first, pass second QB. He's completing 51% of his passes with 5 TD and 4 INT.

But, he has been averaging 4.5 YPC.

Wells hasn't played at all this year. Must be injured.

YSU beat writer Charles Grove (@CgroveVindy) says Ricky Davis isn't expected to miss time.

Backup QB Trent Hosick is having surgery for a broken clavicle.

Comment

This is how much the players care about uniforms/helmets/decals.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoJacksFB...53878558625793

Comment

Here's the update on Hunter Wells from YSU beat writer. http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/oct/1...ack/?newswatch

"Fourth-string quarterback Hunter Wells was in street clothes and was unavailable with a sore shoulder."

He has fallen quite a ways down the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

would hope we can get some info leaked. I'm intrigued
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hopefully its not those expensive helmet decals

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        would hope we can get some info leaked. I'm intrigued
                        Let's see. We already have blue, yellow, gray (from last year?) and white. My guess is black or a throw back

Comment

New helmet logo?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                            New helmet logo?

Can't be that, too expensive...

Actually, I'm thinking it could be a white helmet

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Can't be that, too expensive...

Actually, I'm thinking it could be a white helmet
                              Could it be black? Or a matte color?
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I hear it's not just a new/different helmet logo!! It will blow you "traditional/old school" guys' hair off. ����
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X