X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    That was definitely a new wrinkle
    The guys we were sitting by at 212 in Brandon were pissed. I then explained to them that NDSU wasn't going to kick a FG regardless. We didn't need the EP, but if we botch the snap or get it blocked they could have ran it back for two and tied the game.

They were cool about it after that.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      One thing I didn't see mentioned was the final TD pass to Jake. This was set up throughout the game. We ran at least two fades. They lineup with single coverage on Jake and TC throws a back shoulder throw. NDSU had to respect the fade so that opened the back shoulder throw. That's a pretty damn good call by our coaching staff. I'll give credit.
      If I heard correctly, Jake alluded in the post game that the call on the play was for the same fade, but where the ball was thrown forced him to react and catch back shoulder. Good play by both Taryn and him.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        The guys we were sitting by at 212 in Brandon were pissed. I then explained to them that NDSU wasn't going to kick a FG regardless. We didn't need the EP, but if we botch the snap or get it blocked they could have ran it back for two and tied the game.

They were cool about it after that.
        Yeah,I had to explain it to a couple people with me too. They thought we needed to be up three so the Bison couldn't kick a field goal...with one second left. derp

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          If I heard correctly, Jake alluded in the post game that the call on the play was for the same fade, but where the ball was thrown forced him to react and catch back shoulder. Good play by both Taryn and him.
          If this is true, that's a great read by TC to realize how the defender was playing Jake and to not throw the fade. Also an incredible adjustment by Jake as he would have been preparing to go up and get the ball. My guess is that it's something they've practiced and talked about, where depending on how the defense is playing it's an option to throw the stop route instead of the fade.

Comment

AGS posters and of course bisonville are bitching about the injury to Bison No 8. Bruce Anderson. They are claiming and intentional harm. Bull!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              AGS posters and of course bisonville are bitching about the injury to Bison No 8. Bruce Anderson. They are claiming and intentional harm. Bull!!!!!
              From what I've seen, just as many Bison fans/posters and third-party posters saying it was not a dirty play. I expected the outrage to be much worse, honestly.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I have refrained from talking about it there...but I question anybody who makes a definite statement...including yours. We as fans just can't know. It could easily be he was just doing the only thing he thought he could do to get Bruce down...or just as easily he took an opportunity to hurt Bruce. We can't know.

NDSU also had a player destroy your punt returner...this could easily be questioned by Jackrabbit faithful and I would not be able to defend it. The kid had some distractions which I think may have influenced the stupid play, but I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  I have refrained from talking about it there...but I question anybody who makes a definite statement...including yours. We as fans just can't know. It could easily be he was just doing the only thing he thought he could do to get Bruce down...or just as easily he took an opportunity to hurt Bruce. We can't know.

NDSU also had a player destroy your punt returner...this could easily be questioned by Jackrabbit faithful and I would not be able to defend it. The kid had some distractions which I think may have influenced the stupid play, but I don't know.
                  What to you mean a definite statement? I was just reporting on some of the stuff I read. Yes its definitely evidence of complaints on Bisonville and AGS that SDSU plays dirty and makes intentional injuries. No quarrel with you TAB, I am just reporting what I read. I trying to find this play on video to get a better look at it. Socalledfan gives us the benefit of the doubt. I would not support a team that intentionally injurers the opponents.

Comment

What to you mean a definite statement? I was just reporting on some of the stuff I read. Yes its definitely evidence of complaints on Bisonville and AGS that SDSU plays dirty and makes intentional injuries. No quarrel with you TAB, I am just reporting what I read. I trying to find this play on video to get a better look at it. Socalledfan gives us the benefit of the doubt. I would not support a team that intentionally injurers the opponents.
                    I'm saying you are making a definite statement by calling "bull". Whether it was intentional or not is 50/50. Also, as a team I would never accuse SDSU of trying to injure. Individual players, who knows. Like I said, I'm not making the accusation either...just no knowing the intent.

Here's the play. https://youtu.be/Vh4Mw_1jBfM?t=15m18s

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      If this is true, that's a great read by TC to realize how the defender was playing Jake and to not throw the fade. Also an incredible adjustment by Jake as he would have been preparing to go up and get the ball. My guess is that it's something they've practiced and talked about, where depending on how the defense is playing it's an option to throw the stop route instead of the fade.
                      The timing on it sure looked like the play worked perfectly. it was a thing of beauty.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm saying you are making a definite statement by calling "bull". Whether it was intentional or not is 50/50. Also, as a team I would never accuse SDSU of trying to injure. Individual players, who knows. Like I said, I'm not making the accusation either...just no knowing the intent.

Klieman doesn't come out and say it, but it sounds like he believes it was intentional. He says "I hate to see it happen and the way it happened, that's just not good for football". I just don't see it. Even if that was an NDSU player trying to tackle an SDSU player, I wouldn't call it dirty, he felt that Bruce was trying to get away and hadn't gone down yet, so he did anything he could to make sure that Bruce went down.

Comment

You are correct. There's only one person who knows the intent #2 had.

As he made the tackle, he could very well have been thinking "I'm gonna break this dudes ankle, f'n Bison scum".

He just as easily, and more likely could have been thinking "good lord these guys are hard to bring down this must be why they're 5x champions, I can't let him go".

I tend to lean the latter.

I just happened to watch the SDSU highlight film right after reading about all the controversy , that's why when I saw the Weineke tackle, I figured I'd bring it up on AGS.

If you look hard enough you could say the Bison dude on that play was trying to crank backwards on Weineke's leg. I don't think that's the case, but it's easy to pick out plays like that is my point

It's tackle football...I'd argue that everyone is "trying to injure" everyone else on every play.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            You are correct. There's only one person who knows the intent #2 had.

As he made the tackle, he could very well have been thinking "I'm gonna break this dudes ankle, f'n Bison scum".

He just as easily, and more likely could have been thinking "good lord these guys are hard to bring down this must be why they're 5x champions, I can't let him go".

I tend to lean the latter.

I just happened to watch the SDSU highlight film right after reading about all the controversy , that's why when I saw the Weineke tackle, I figured I'd bring it up on AGS.

If you look hard enough you could say the Bison dude on that play was trying to crank backwards on Weineke's leg. I don't think that's the case, but it's easy to pick out plays like that is my point. It's football...I'd argue that everyone is "trying to injure" everyone else on every play.
                            Guys get tackled like that every game. surprised honestly more people don't get hurt from it. WRs get a guy on their ankle like all the time that twist or grab on the lower leg to make a tackle. when a guy has you low and you keep trying to go forward, the pile that game to tackle it was the opposite force he was going. just a bad break, pardon the pun.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Klieman doesn't come out and say it, but it sounds like he believes it was intentional. He says "I hate to see it happen and the way it happened, that's just not good for football". I just don't see it. Even if that was an NDSU player trying to tackle an SDSU player, I wouldn't call it dirty, he felt that Bruce was trying to get away and hadn't gone down yet, so he did anything he could to make sure that Bruce went down.
                              I actually know the kid personally. There is no way that he would do something like that to injure on purpose. He is a great person as well as football player. Christian slipped down to the feet of Bruce and tried to get Bruce to the ground. It is an unfortunate play that he got twisted up like that. However, Christian is not that type of person.
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

SDSU is also now ranked #7 in the STATS media poll and NDSU is #4
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X