Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marker Week

I am both drunk right now and semi confident right now, does that mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Matt Zimmer tweeted a picture of the players on the jet getting ready to fly home, noting 'that's one happy football team'.

And a few guys on a message board, most of whom likely did not play a lick of college football,....

Does High school B squad football count? Football is a dangerous sport. To be Jack, you have the talent and size and above all desire and dedication. God Bless our boys and I am hoping for a win on Saturday. If not the sun will come up on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        I am both drunk right now and semi confident right now, does that mean anything?
        I would prefer that you were both semi drunk right now and confident right now!

Besides, you would fee better in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          I would prefer that you were both semi drunk right now and confident right now!

Besides, you would fee better in the morning!
          God bless the Vikings, and god bless Native American Day. Also, I wish SDSU paid me more. Enough of this passive agressiveness, #ChuckThePigskin and win!!!

Comment

I can totally get on the #ChuckThePigskin train! The #JacksAirRaid is a sight to see!

Comment

I watched a couple of the first few bison games and thought their o line was a little down especially on the right side. On defense there best line backer is out for the season. I think the way we beat the bison is defensive stops early and quick scores in the first half to make them press their passing game (i.e. western Illinois). Causing them to move faster then 9 minute drives. Field position and a couple of lucky bounces and we win the game. Against SIU we missed a couple chances to pin them deep and gave them the 20 with touch back. A better bounce and they have to workout of their own end zone possibly negating a couple of their touchdowns. We will see how things stack up, but I am optimistic.

Comment

And I think this year's Bison are not as good as the team we beat when Ryan Berry's laser-guided pass to the endzone took the bums down.
                Are you talking about the 2008 Bison team that went 6-5? Is that the team that our current (#1 ranked) team isn't as good as? This is funny. This is almost as funny as the rant earlier about how our win in Iowa wasn't impressive.

On to my take. Your passing attack is scary good. I watched most of your game on Saturday. You have a lot of weapons and I'm thinking we will have to do a fair amount of blitzing. If the blitz gets picked up it will be very hard for us to win. If we can disrupt your passing enough to get at least one turnover I could see your team breaking. Which way will it go? I don't know...but I'm hoping the noise will cause some disruption as well...but you guys should be as used to it as anyone. Like thumper said earlier, your strength really match up well for you against our weakness.

Comment

I'll try to give you a little NDSU assessment.

1. The only way for SDSU to win is an offensive shootout as many correctly have said here. You need to be playing with a lead. You need to exploit NDSU's weakness, which is spreading it out and chucking the pig skin. But, NDSU does have a good pass rush, so you have to keep Christian from getting killed by Menard. (He was the guy who nearly killed Lujan last year).
                  2. Key for SDSU to win is to have a good 2 score lead in the second half. Otherwise, NDSU will NDSU you. They will hand the ball off and grind you to pulp keeping your offense off the field. (Like the classic 2013 game in Brooking where Crockett became a wrecking machine.) That is what they do; see Iowa game. Nothing has changed. This year, your choices of poison are King Frazier, Lance Dunn, and Bruce Anderson. King is the bruiser you don't want to see late in the game. Dunn and Bruce can house it at any time.
                  3. I think Jake Wieneke is the x factor. As good as Dallas G. is (and I can't say enough of highly I think of him), NDSU has good outside linebackers who match up better on him. The Bison really have no answer for Wieneke, and that scares me. CJ Smith, who shut him down last year, plays for the Eagles.....
                  4. Your defense will need to find a way to contain Stick at some point if you are to win. Stick is slippery, and faster than Carson. If you have a lead, NDSU will unleash his full arsenal on you. Again, see Iowa. See Eastern Washington. You need to find a way.

I am very much looking forward to the game. Very impressed with the Jack's offense so far. My only question is if your offense is as good as Eastern Washington. We will find out Saturday.

Comment

I'm going to hope and pray and cheer for a win. But I don't expect it.

The Bison are too strong on the lines.

However... I'm hopeful that it's close, and the team can gain a bit of confidence... knowing that they can play with them. Worst case scenario would be like last year, where they just ram it down the Jacks throats, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      Are you talking about the 2008 Bison team that went 6-5? Is that the team that our current (#1 ranked) team isn't as good as? This is funny. This is almost as funny as the rant earlier about how our win in Iowa wasn't impressive.

On to my take. Your passing attack is scary good. I watched most of your game on Saturday. You have a lot of weapons and I'm thinking we will have to do a fair amount of blitzing. If the blitz gets picked up it will be very hard for us to win. If we can disrupt your passing enough to get at least one turnover I could see your team breaking. Which way will it go? I don't know...but I'm hoping the noise will cause some disruption as well...but you guys should be as used to it as anyone. Like thumper said earlier, your strength really match up well for you against our weakness.
                      Spot on.

Comment

Any of you guys coming for the game? I know thumper will be there. How about Slosho, Rabid, Rowdy, Westside? Hope to see all you guys...should be a fun tailgate.

Comment

I stand corrected. I hadn't consulted actual records when I made that post. I recalled the three years in a row when SDSU beat NDSU and had in mind the prior season, 2007, when in the last game of the season at CAS, the final score was SDSU 29, NDSU 24. The Bison were 10-1 that year. In 2008, when Berry threw the winning pass at the FargoDome, the Bison were indeed 6-5 and SDSU won 25-24. The following season, 09, SDSU won 28-13 but the Bison were quite down that year, finishing the season 3-8.

You'll get no argument from me that this year's Bison are a very good football team, deserving of its #1 ranking. But I do not think it is the best Bison team in recent years.

Comment

Any of you guys coming for the game? I know thumper will be there. How about Slosho, Rabid, Rowdy, Westside? Hope to see all you guys...should be a fun tailgate.
                            Are there any good seats left? I've admired the support the Bison have received demonstrated by the lack of seats available for visitors. That's what we're shooting for at our new stadium -- my hope is those days arrive much sooner than anticipated. Last time I was in the Fargodome for the SDSU game was two year ago and sitting in the visiting-fans' corner is not a great seat. Time before that, I was in the endzone and that seat seemed a little better than the corner. I've also sat right on the 50 yard line a couple of times -- good seats (but in the middle of a sea of green and mustard).

Comment

I stand corrected. I hadn't consulted actual records when I made that post. I recalled the three years in a row when SDSU beat NDSU and had in mind the prior season, 2007, when in the last game of the season at CAS, the final score was SDSU 29, NDSU 24. The Bison were 10-1 that year. In 2008, when Berry threw the winning pass at the FargoDome, the Bison were indeed 6-5 and SDSU won 25-24. The following season, 09, SDSU won 28-13 but the Bison were quite down that year, finishing the season 3-8.

You'll get no argument from me that this year's Bison are a very good football team, deserving of its #1 ranking. But I do not think it is the best Bison team in recent years.
                              No doubt about that. Our youth in the secondary has made this year's team unlike the teams of the last 5 years. If we can't get pressure on the qb we are very prone to breakdowns in the secondary and giving up big plays.

Comment

Are there any good seats left? I've admired the support the Bison have received demonstrated by the lack of seats available for visitors. That's what we're shooting for at our new stadium -- my hope is those days arrive much sooner than anticipated. Last time I was in the Fargodome for the SDSU game was two year ago and sitting in the visiting-fans' corner is not a great seat. Time before that, I was in the endzone and that seat seemed a little better than the corner. I've also sat right on the 50 yard line a couple of times -- good seats (but in the middle of a sea of green and mustard).
                                Seats are extremely hard to come by...you will need some luck...and most likely would be in the corner you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X