Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marker Week

Is it possible we could forfeit the game in Fargo and have another bye week? We do play well after bye weeks! Otherwise, it is another one of those 1-0 weeks and make preparations for the opponent. The Jackrabbits may surprise us with another tight end around for a touchdown type of play. The defense may keep the end of the SIU intensity for the necessary stops. It may the win over the #1 bison week or it may be another close one like the playoff loss in Fargo. Optimism is the first ingredient needed for the week and the win on the road against the Salukis is a good start. The Jackrabbits have a potent offense and that is a big step to scoring more points for another win against the bison. At this point, I still subscribe to the following even after hearing how it is not possible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Oh god we cant do it. I cant see us doing it, we ****ing cant do it. Bring on UNI.......there's a game we can talk about how we have no shot at either......Jeezus Christ sack up a little. NDSU hasn't beaten anybody that I can think of. Iowa? **** Iowa. They beat the Gophers 14-7. You may remember the Gophers, they play in the MAC, or at least should. Iowa looks turrible. CSU? OT? seriously? EWU? BFD, EWU beat UNI by 4, USD beat UNI, wouldn't hang my hat on that(here come the transitive property doesn't work asshat arguments). No killer instinct on the sideline? no ****ing killer instinct in the fanbase. Guess it all just wraps together in a neat little package of pissing and moaning. Thank you for the analysis on championship football plays being called, did we get our experience in this off of Xbox or perhaps Tecmo bowl? ****. SDSU wins this 32-21, NDSU can't keep up with offense on run plays.
      Yeah, if only the fans "sack up" and type a bunch of BS, then we'll win.

Zim: Coach Stig, what was it that you guys just couldn't get done in the loss today?

Stig: Well, golly gee, heck of a game, but our fans just didn't have faith in us, and we really felt that out here today.

Zim: I agree.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Zim: Coach Stig, what was it that you guys just couldn't get done in the loss today?

Stig: Well, golly gee, heck of a game, but our fans just didn't have faith in us, and we really felt that out here today.

Yep like being realistic makes us bad fans or something.

Comment

Oh god we cant do it. I cant see us doing it, we ****ing cant do it. Bring on UNI.......there's a game we can talk about how we have no shot at either......Jeezus Christ sack up a little. NDSU hasn't beaten anybody that I can think of. Iowa? **** Iowa. They beat the Gophers 14-7. You may remember the Gophers, they play in the MAC, or at least should. Iowa looks turrible. CSU? OT? seriously? EWU? BFD, EWU beat UNI by 4, USD beat UNI, wouldn't hang my hat on that(here come the transitive property doesn't work asshat arguments). No killer instinct on the sideline? no ****ing killer instinct in the fanbase. Guess it all just wraps together in a neat little package of pissing and moaning. Thank you for the analysis on championship football plays being called, did we get our experience in this off of Xbox or perhaps Tecmo bowl? ****. SDSU wins this 32-21, NDSU can't keep up with offense on run plays.
          The game is about line play and 3rd downs.

Our high flying offense can't take advantage of the secondary if TC doesn't have time to throw, we've already seen that this season.

If we can convert third downs and keep the defense on the field, that will tire out the DL.

Failure to stop the Furry Cows on their 3rd downs allows them to run clock and limit our possessions.

We've seen their coordinators do a great job of game planning to take away the run, it will be interesting if they are able to plan against this new pass first offense.

I don't think they have a way to take both the TE and WR away short of pressure. Cmon fat guys....this has to be your best week of practice and best game of your careers
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I feel like I need to reevaluate my life when Theee Catrabbit is more positive than I am. Today feels like a weird day.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think our offensive line has improved a decent amount from last year, at least in pass blocking, but I can never be sure until we play the Bison. This game always seems to be a measuring stick for how good our lines really are, and lately we've come up shorter than we'd like. My feelings about this game will be tempered one way or the other until I see how our offensive line plays in the first couple series. If they at least hold their own, I think we'll have a shot in the game.

Also, my key match up in this game is Charlie Harmon vs. Greg Menard. Charlie has a huge opportunity at redemption after Menard really embarrassed him last year. Harmon has appeared to have improved a lot since that game, but once again, we won't know until this match up happens again.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Some questions....
                1. Wasn't SIU's offensive ranking coming into the game something like top 8 in the FCS? It wasn't pretty, but in all seriousness I don't think many teams slow SIU down.
                2. Do you remember last year when our D couldn't get a sack, fumble recovery, interception, etc...? In that respect, haven't they improved?
                3. Um, didn't we WIN yesterday? I am pretty sure we did.
                4. How many times do we seriously have to stop NDSU next week? 2? 3? in order to give our offense the opportunity to get the lead? I don't think NDSU can keep up with us scoring. Not saying I want it to get into a shoot out, but kind of in a weird way, a shoot out is to our advantage. I trust our Offense more than I think the Bison can score. When we need a score, we score QUICK. What were there three? touchdown drives of less than two minutes yesterday? TOP is deceptive when you are scoring that fast.
                5. Why are so many people so down on the Jacks for next week? Get with the program, drink the Koolaid. We can and will win next weekend. We are DUE and have the weapons to do it. Our D. just needs to be average and get a few stops. They don't have to win the war, just a few battles... Our offense will do the rest.

Comment

Some fun facts for the game. We are 3-1 in Marker games where we score over 24 points. We haven't won when we score less than 25 points in the FCS era. So realistically we have what would appear to be a team better equipped to take down the bison than most years. The common logic has been you have to beat them at what they do. I'm pretty sure over five years that's been proven wrong. It hasn't been a defensive performance issue for us against them for a while now. It's been our offense trying to beat the strength of a team who can out strength FBS teams that try to use that philosophy. However, a team like EWU, who doesn't have a good defense either, went in there and took them to OT and Cooper Krupp was hurt for half the game.

As for people talking about our high powered offense what pressure "shutting it down". That's absolutely laughable. Our worst game of being "shut down" was 31 friggin points. 31. Points. There are teams that haven't scored over 31 points more than once. Hell, the Bison only did it twice. They have only scored over our AVERAGE ppg ONCE. Once.

Also interesting to note, is their last game against Misery St they had drives start inside the MSU 30 four times. The only scored 23 points. They have offensive weapons yes, but they aren't an offensive powerhouse either, certainly not on par with SIU or WIU.

Other notes. Zenner finally got a W over Wentz today. Last time we won in Fargo was Obamas first year in office, and the Vikings looked like a Super Bowl team. Now Obama is in his last year, and the Vikings are looking like a Super Bowl team. Coincidence? I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

#ChuckThePigskin

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I thought it was an expectation to win that rubs off on the fans and vice versa that made the Bison, The Fargodome and their fanbase so amazing to us that we all aspire to. In fact we have another thread basically wishing for Stig to be gone. but hey none of that rubs off on coaching staff or players. Right? "Hey you ****ing suck and have no chance, now go win." I'm sure you've had plenty of times when someone criticized the job you do, didn't get to you or anything, I'm sure. Now imagine a whole board of people talking about how they don't think you have a chance, and supposedly they are on your side. And don't say "I'm sure the players don't read or don't care" They read, or their friends read or their relatives read, it gets to them at some point.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                        Some questions....
                        1. Wasn't SIU's offensive ranking coming into the game something like top 8 in the FCS? It wasn't pretty, but in all seriousness I don't think many teams slow SIU down.
                        2. Do you remember last year when our D couldn't get a sack, fumble recovery, interception, etc...? In that respect, haven't they improved?
                        3. Um, didn't we WIN yesterday? I am pretty sure we did.
                        4. How many times do we seriously have to stop NDSU next week? 2? 3? in order to give our offense the opportunity to get the lead? I don't think NDSU can keep up with us scoring. Not saying I want it to get into a shoot out, but kind of in a weird way, a shoot out is to our advantage. I trust our Offense more than I think the Bison can score. When we need a score, we score QUICK. What were there three? touchdown drives of less than two minutes yesterday? TOP is deceptive when you are scoring that fast.
                        5. Why are so many people so down on the Jacks for next week? Get with the program, drink the Koolaid. We can and will win next weekend. We are DUE and have the weapons to do it. Our D. just needs to be average and get a few stops. They don't have to win the war, just a few battles... Our offense will do the rest.
                        1. Yes
                        2. Yes
                        3. Yes
                        4. 1, the answer is 1
                        5. Not going to happen, there is an ample amount of people who would rather look like they are right and know what they think is right vs. the amount of people that would prefer to believe in this team, mainly because we lost to Cal Poly, so you know....season over.

Comment

1. Yes
                          2. Yes
                          3. Yes
                          4. 1, the answer is 1
                          5. Not going to happen, there is an ample amount of people who would rather look like they are right and know what they think is right vs. the amount of people that would prefer to believe in this team, mainly because we lost to Cal Poly, so you know....season over.
                          I'm a neg. Nance, I prefaced it. I would love to see this team win. I believe they can, I'm not sure they will.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            I feel like I need to reevaluate my life when Theee Catrabbit is more positive than I am. Today feels like a weird day.
                            You can check my posts. I'm pretty sure I've only been negative about the new tailgating rules and the lack of faith of the "faithful Jackrabbit fanbase" such as it is. I've very rarely been negative about this team or any team or program SDSU has (well maybe equestrian and the Pride)

Comment

A few facts for casual observers or quiet members of this message board: This message is the 29th message in this thread. Through the first 28 posts, 18 individuals have posted and account for the 28 posts. Some express pessimism. Some express hope. There's even a suggestion of confidence in a couple of the posts. Some posters appear to be a little sensitive if another poster disagrees with them.

If I had to guess, I'd say that most Jacks fans have no idea this message board exists. Another guess: all Jacks fans are happy to have a win on the road and most of those fans realize yesterday's game was closer than we prefer to see -- but it's a W and those are to be celebrated in the MVFC.

Fans of our opponents who read this thread may claim this thread suggests SDSU fans are "melting down". I always laugh at that one: A handful of people in a group of 18 people constitutes a meltdown?

Personally, I'm with the optimistic crowd. I was in Fargo when we last beat the Bison. I think this year's Jacks have a few more tools than the team that last beat the Jacks. And I think this year's Bison are not as good as the team we beat when Ryan Berry's laser-guided pass to the endzone took the bums down.

Comment

Matt Zimmer tweeted a picture of the players on the jet getting ready to fly home, noting 'that's one happy football team'.

And a few guys on a message board, most of whom likely did not play a lick of college football,....

Comment

Working...
                                X