Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marker Week

Boy this is early, you might say. The SIU game is hardly over, the teams not even undressed yet! NO! It is not too early! It's Marker Week. And. It. Starts. Now.

Interesting fact about this years edition compared to unfortunate recent memories. We finally match up strength against weakness with them. Our passing offense vs their pass defense. Their run defense is actually better than last year. Good thing we were clever enough to plan for that and become a passing team! The only true passing threat they have faced that is on our level EWU. Iowa wasn't. Do you think Iowa puts up 41 against TCU? No, they don't. Two teams have matched or surpassed that. Arkansas and Oklahoma. That's pretty good company, and Arkansas needed two OTs to do it. Their own coaches have said on the radio they have to run zone because their secondary can't handle much man coverage yet. That tells me they are in for a world of hurt against our passing attack. "But then they can pin their ears back and rush Taryn" you might say. Our offensive line has allowed Taryn to be on the round a handful of times the last two games combined. I have faith in them and his escapeability. Plus they lost their best defensive weapon in DeLuca. That's huge for us, it will likely force them to bring in an extra defensive back instead of being able to keep the fleet footed linebacker in the game to cover our wide outs. If TC plays like he can we put up 30.

Secondly their offense isn't as good as SIU. I do think we've improved against the run, and our d Line showed some flashes of what they are supposed to be at the end of the SIU game. It's a rivalry game, and our defense has always played pretty well against the bison. Also, their fullback is out, which is huge for a power run scheme where the fb lead blocks a lot.

This might actually be our best chance to knock them out. Watching the MSU game if the bears had a good QB that game is extremely close. We happen to have a very good QB.

Last game is over. I'm over it. LETS GET IT ON BABAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: Marker Week

Jacks are going to need to shore up both the OL & DL.

Our passing offense is great, but if TC is running for his life all day it won't be pretty.

If the DL can't stop the run, and we've been suspect this year, then we wont have much chance of stopping drives.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Sorry to be a negative Nancy but it's my nature. So if your part of the board that only wants sunshine and roses skip my post.

Our defense has been unable to defend the jet sweep all year. It's NDSU's favorite play.

There is no killer instinct from our sidelines. We had several (3 or 4) chances to really put away SIU with our offense on turd down and because of poor play calling (we ran the situational turd that didn't work over and over) we didn't.

I watched the game last night, and I don't beleive that was championship football being called/played.

If we play the NDSU from the first game of the year we've got a chance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree. In order to win, we will have to play our best football of the year. Our defense just doesn't have the athleticism this year. We are a step slow and are taking really bad angles. Yes, Rozeboom and Bobbit have a lot of tackles but how many of them are stuffs (gains of 2 yards or less). I'm glad Langer and Soulek started to make an impact last night. It is important that they are ready to go for this game. Our offense will be able to put up some points if TC gets time in the pocket. I don't think the NDSU secondary can hold up against our deep group of wide receivers and Goedert. I'm worried about our tackles in that noisy environment and knowing that they are already a little shaky. I want to see us come out and play loose and fast and call play creatively like we did against TCU. However, I don't think this is the year we beat the Bison in Fargo. Predicting a 45-30 Bison victory
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Add me to the downer list. NDSU wins the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball against us every year. Haven't seen much from either of our lines this year. That'll be enough to win them the game this year.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Add me to the downer list. NDSU wins the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball against us every year. Haven't seen much from either of our lines this year. That'll be enough to win them the game this year.
            This is it right here.

They will dominate the line of scrimmage.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Sorry to be a negative Nancy but it's my nature. So if your part of the board that only wants sunshine and roses skip my post.

Our defense has been unable to defend the jet sweep all year. It's NDSU's favorite play.

There is no killer instinct from our sidelines. We had several (3 or 4) chances to really put away SIU with our offense on turd down and because of poor play calling (we ran the situational turd that didn't work over and over) we didn't.

I watched the game last night, and I don't beleive that was championship football being called/played.

If we play the NDSU from the first game of the year we've got a chance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
              Last night's game was a roller coaster to watch, but as to your point about championship football, there were at least a couple of intermediate to long-range pass attempts in which the wideouts were slightly overthrown. If those had been completions, would that have illustrated a "killer instinct"?

I think the NDSU game could swing on whether the Jacks can contain Urzendowski. The Bison have Frazier, but the Jacks did a decent job containing McShane (granted it was at home). EWU gave NDSU some trouble in Fargo, and EWU's total defense is only ranked six spots higher than the Jacks. What if (and granted this could be a big "if") the DL plays like it did the final minute against SIU and pressures Stick?

I'd much rather have the Jacks win by margins like the WIU game, but sometimes a team needs to "win ugly."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                No doubt this will happen. Only way I see the Jacks having a chance is with several NDSU turnovers and stellar special teams. USD beat them up there last year. It could happen.....
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Last night's game was a roller coaster to watch, but as to your point about championship football, there were at least a couple of intermediate to long-range pass attempts in which the wideouts were slightly overthrown. If those had been completions, would that have illustrated a "killer instinct"?

I think the NDSU game could swing on whether the Jacks can contain Urzendowski. The Bison have Frazier, but the Jacks did a decent job containing McShane (granted it was at home). EWU gave NDSU some trouble in Fargo, and EWU's total defense is only ranked six spots higher than the Jacks. What if (and granted this could be a big "if") the DL plays like it did the final minute against SIU and pressures Stick?

I'd much rather have the Jacks win by margins like the WIU game, but sometimes a team needs to "win ugly."

No Doubt Ugly wins count. But when even the ESPN3 Bozo's comment on our play "going conservative" I think it illustrates my point. I think it's an easy out to say that if we scored more on those long plays it shows killer instinct, If we score more earlier what's to say we don't go conservative earlier? We can revisit games we shouldn't talk about if one believes there is no trend there.

Comment

We haven't played the game yet so not so sure I am a downer just yet but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      No Doubt Ugly wins count. But when even the ESPN3 Bozo's comment on our play "going conservative" I think it illustrates my point. I think it's an easy out to say that if we scored more on those long plays it shows killer instinct, If we score more earlier what's to say we don't go conservative earlier? We can revisit games we shouldn't talk about if one believes there is no trend there.
                      The announcers were also saying that the Jacks deserved to be penalized for PI/def. holding but when Wieneke was interfered with, the refs were "letting them play," so I tried not to listen to their biased analysis much.

I will never argue about wanting the Jacks to win by several TDs. I just did not see anything in the SIU game that would cause me to write off the Jacks against NDSU. Sooner or later, the Jacks will defeat the Bison. I'll admit I hope they do every year, but I think this year the Jacks have the superior offense, and I think the defense will surprise the doubters like they did against WIU. It just seems like every time the team makes progress, caveats are added like "well, WIU likely gave up and made our defense look better." Well, the reason they gave up is because the Jacks were stopping them. Is the defense great? No, but I think it will continue to improve, and the offense they faced last night was among the best in the Valley.

Comment

Let's quit kissing Bison butt. The Jacks' O-line has been playing pretty well, and the Jacks have a better offense than the Bison. The defense, especially the D-line, will have to play much better than they have been playing, but Jacks have a decent shot to win.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Oh god we cant do it. I cant see us doing it, we ****ing cant do it. Bring on UNI.......there's a game we can talk about how we have no shot at either......Jeezus Christ sack up a little. NDSU hasn't beaten anybody that I can think of. Iowa? **** Iowa. They beat the Gophers 14-7. You may remember the Gophers, they play in the MAC, or at least should. Iowa looks turrible. CSU? OT? seriously? EWU? BFD, EWU beat UNI by 4, USD beat UNI, wouldn't hang my hat on that(here come the transitive property doesn't work asshat arguments). No killer instinct on the sideline? no ****ing killer instinct in the fanbase. Guess it all just wraps together in a neat little package of pissing and moaning. Thank you for the analysis on championship football plays being called, did we get our experience in this off of Xbox or perhaps Tecmo bowl? ****. SDSU wins this 32-21, NDSU can't keep up with offense on run plays.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Marker Week

I agree about NDSU's wins. Overtime twice in their over-hyped dome and a nice last-second win over a ridiculously overrated Iowa team. NDSU is far from invincible and they are particularly vulnerable against a good passing team.

That being said, when it comes to SDSU being the team that gets it done "I'll believe it when I see it".

Comment

I'm not very optimistic either. I think it will be another shoot out like NDSUs first 2 games and they will pull it off in the end. I think we will slow down there run and force them to pass. I also think TC will have a lot of pressure ounce our oline gets wore down. And the fn bison will slip through our fingers again.

Buck the Fison

I do think we have a good shot to be second in the valley UNI offense looked awfully mediocre. Still on not convinced Youngstown and the goats oh mean yotes cane beat us at home.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                              X