GDT: Southern Illinois at Carbondale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Southern Illinois at Carbondale

Did I see former BB coach Scott Nagy on the SDSU sidelines? I know he had a great deal of respect for Stig and the staff. It's a little hard to close the door on 20 year friendships.

Comment

Taryn Christion named offensive player of the week for the MVFC.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Offensive player of the week is a well-deserved recognition for Taryn. He had a huge game. Congrats to him, his team mates and their coaches.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Offensive player of the week is a well-deserved recognition for Taryn. He had a huge game. Congrats to him, his team mates and their coaches.
          When someone plays as well as he did, he should win those honors. He and Weineke are lethal.

Comment

A few thoughts:
            1. Taryn Christion is as good of a QB as we've ever had. (and he was off on some throws, Saturday), and he still put up an incredible night.
            2. I disagree with the "don't run the ball crowd". Alot of our big plays, both to Jake and Dallas come off play action. You need to run the ball, to make that effective. Think of it this way, if the defense is collapsing the run, and holding it to a 1 yard game, that means they are leaving one of our weapons 1 on 1 in the secondary. Plus, we popped a few decent runs. I think that's the type of running game we're going to have with this group... it's going to be 1 yard, 2 yards, nothing, then 15 yards... not going to be a steady 4-5 yard gain group.
            3. I agree with KEMO, the Defense misses JeRyan and Jimmy big time. I thought the 2nd half of WIU that CB Brown grew up a bit, he got off a block on a wr screen, and also busted off a block to get to the backfield and get a tackle. This has been consistent in our struggles against the run. Our corners can't get off blocks. Watch the Cal Poly game... they were being blocked 10 yards downfield consistently.
            4. Part of the defense's struggle is because of our offense. Hear me out.
            -We hit alot of big plays... which means short drives.
            -The first drive Saturday night, was 10 plays, but only took 3:18. This was our longest drive of the entire game, time-wise.
            -the 2nd drive was a 3 and out
            -The 3rd drive was 2 plays and took 44 seconds.
            -They started the 2nd half with a 1 play TD drive.
            So, while I'd like to see the defense shut teams down a bit more as well. The defense does get some stops... it's just that they have to go out there much more often than they used to.

Comment

A few thoughts:
              1.I disagree with the posters who felt it was horrible that we do the "pooched" kickoffs. Koob watched where the real kickoff threat lined up, and pooched it to the 15-20 yard line near the opposite sideline (requiring a fair catch almost every time). He did a great job with it.
              2. Da Coach gets my rep points for an excellent summary.
              3. Scott Nagy was there. He and his wife drove over to the tailgate and game.
              4. It seems to get lost that a ROAD win is a WIN and a HALF in the MVFC. Sometimes (seldom) you win going away. Usually it doesn't work that way, good team or bad team...it is still a win. Ask UNI how it feels when it goes the other way in a game they should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                A few thoughts:
                1.I disagree with the posters who felt it was horrible that we do the "pooched" kickoffs. Koob watched where the real kickoff threat lined up, and pooched it to the 15-20 yard line near the opposite sideline (requiring a fair catch almost every time). He did a great job with it.
                2. Da Coach gets my rep points for an excellent summary.
                3. Scott Nagy was there. He and his wife drove over to the tailgate and game.
                4. It seems to get lost that a ROAD win is a WIN and a HALF in the MVFC. Sometimes (seldom) you win going away. Usually it doesn't work that way, good team or bad team...it is still a win. Ask UNI how it feels when it goes the other way in a game they should have won.
                #3, Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I was seeing things, but I was seeing the coach on the sidelines. That was nice of him to show up and no doubt old friendships do not die. I was trying to think how far it would be from the Dayton area, but not that far. Those mid states such Ohio and Indiana and Ill. are not 450 miles wide like the Dakotas, so maybe a 5 hour ride.

Comment

Working...
                X