Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-17 Running Rabitts

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    My claim that he is lazy is definitely subjective, but I would contend that it is often accurate.
    I would like to have a signed statement from Ian that you are accurate. How you believe that a player who has been working with the team from July to April takes frequent plays off during a game is a big stretch. I am certain that you have these powers of observation that can be documented over the past 2 seasons to verify this young man is lazy. We can look for a blown assignments, but that in itself will not verify the lazy. I would strongly suggest your contentions of Ian are more biased than accurate.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      When I say run it isn't necessarily about sprinting speed but ability to handle the ball in a faster paced transition style. Maybe I should have stated that he has the skills to not be a liability in a faster paced game.

My guess is if he takes plays off (you call it lazy) TJ won't have him in the lineup very long.
      And I don't think that Nagy would have had him in the starting line-up if that was the case either.

Comment

My claim that he is lazy is definitely subjective, but I would contend that it is often accurate.
        You won't get an argument from me. Ian has some positive attributes and he will fit into his role but I think it will be a limited this year.

Things will be much different then the Nagy years. TJ made that pretty clear. There will be more 3/4 and full court pressure using zones and traps and less man-to-man defense. Jacks are going to push the ball and look for the first open, high percentage shot which is often a 3 in an offense like TJ has planned.

At least that's what I've gathered from talking briefly with him. Time will tell.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          You won't get an argument from me. Ian has some positive attributes and he will fit into his role but I think it will be a limited this year.

Things will be much different then the Nagy years. TJ made that pretty clear. There will be more 3/4 and full court pressure using zones and traps and less man-to-man defense. Jacks are going to push the ball and look for the first open, high percentage shot which is often a 3 in an offense like TJ has planned.

At least that's what I've gathered from talking briefly with him. Time will tell.
          Ian played 17.3 minutes for 34 games in 2015-16. 6 players averaged more minutes with the next guy ahead of him was Mike Daum with 20.8 minutes. The next guy behind him was Tevin King with 14.3 minutes. Ian will be fine in his role much like last year.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I can not believe that we are talking about a certain player being lazy. How old are these kids? Could they legally drink at your precious tailgate?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I can not believe that we are talking about a certain player being lazy. How old are these kids? Could they legally drink at your precious tailgate?
              What does their age have to do with it? A young man can be a lazy player just as much as an old player can. I'm not saying he is or isn't, but to act like being 20-21 means it's not allowed to be called lazy is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Re: 2016-17 Running Rabbits

Is Ian even healthy? I don't recall seeing him in Zim's periscope video and he was wearing a boot at the fb game...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  I would like to have a signed statement from Ian that you are accurate.
                  Is this required to have an opinion about someone?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    What does their age have to do with it? A young man can be a lazy player just as much as an old player can. I'm not saying he is or isn't, but to act like being 20-21 means it's not allowed to be called lazy is ridiculous.

If I only had the wisdom of 27, I would not make statements like this. I think those who think Ian is lazy should check out some gear show Ian how is really done. You guys got the get go so go and show him how!!

Comment

Is this required to have an opinion about someone?
                      Unless you are the coach, I dont think you meet the requirement of charging a player with laziness.

Comment

Why does everything come back to drinking and tailgating with you. We get it you don't like drinking and your not a fan of the tailgate situation, you dont have to remind us all the time especially in a thread that has nothing to do with either one.

Comment

If I only had the wisdom of 27, I would not make statements like this. I think those who think Ian is lazy should check out some gear show Ian how is really done. You guys got the get go so go and show him how!!
                          If only I had the wisdom of old age, then I could only read what I want to read and put words into people's mouths. I specifically said I'm not saying whether or not he is lazy. So I will ask again, but I'll make sure to try to make this clearer for you since apparently I wasn't clear enough before.

I AM NOT COMMENTING ON IAN. However, what does someone's age have to do with whether or not they are capable of being lazy? I mean, I'm only 27 and all, so I clearly have no idea what it was like to be that age, but I do have recollections of myself being lazy in aspects of my life at the time. But obviously being only 27 and not a Titan of wisdom like others is the reason why I am asking the question, because my lack of years obviously obstructs my ability to have an understanding of subjects that require vast oceans of wisdom.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Jacks picked to finish 2nd in Summit poll, Daum POY and 1st team; Telly 2nd team.

Comment

Unless you are the coach, I dont think you meet the requirement of charging a player with laziness.
                              Really... Well we should just shut down the board then, because none of us are coaches, so we better not be making opinions about players.

I mean come on man, that's what this site is for, to express feelings and opinions on SDSU sports.

If you were telling me that you disagree and don't think he's lazy, that's one thing. But you and OldHare are telling me that I straight up can't have that opinion, rather than simply providing your own.

Comment

I'm guessing the people calling Ian lazy really have no clue the commitment and hard work it takes to play BB successfully at the DI level.

Comment

Working...
                                X