2016-17 Running Rabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 Running Rabbits

I caught the periscope Zimmer did of practice today.

I think it's fairly obvious that TJ meant what he said when he said we were going to see a fast-paced style of basketball. Wow!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slosho; 10-03-2016, 02:03 PM.

Re: 2016-17 Running Rabitts

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I caught the periscope Zimmer did of practice today.

I think it's fairly obvious that TJ meant what he said when he said we were going to see a fast-paced Ella basketball. Wow!

Here it is...

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...50574157291524
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Danke!

Comment

Anybody get the feeling we're turning into Omaha?
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
          They are fun to watch play.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            They are fun to watch play.
            But we still have to play defense. Omaha struggled a bit with that aspect.

Comment

Hopefully not defensively...
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                But we still have to play defense. Omaha struggled a bit with that aspect.
                I talked to a parent at tailgating on Saturday. Says that it sounds like starting five will be Daum, Reed, Hess, Flatten or Wallace, and Gentry will start. I guess Skyler has really taken to this running offense. Much more similar to what he played in high school and allows him to utilize his athleticism a bit more.

If this holds true, I like that we have a defensive big to bring into the game in Thiesen. I think Orris will supply a steady hand at the PG spot as a defensive sub and either Wallace or Flatten and Dykman and Howell will provide some offense. It will be interesting to see how King and Severus fit in with this group.

At least on paper this team is pretty deep.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...work/91477078/

Good article about the beginning of practice and how things are shaping up after the first day. Includes both the men's and the women's teams.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Hopefully not defensively...
                    Omaha plays defense with their offense. They make you play faster than your comfort zone. I would much rather be closer to Omaha style than Denver style!

Comment

I don't have a problem with the Omaha fast offense. Heck, it is a very entertaining brand of basketball. However, they are notorious for being lazy and careless on defense. That is what I would like to avoid with this team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Pretty cool that Gary Parish (CBS mbb analyst) will be covering the "Jackrabbit Tipoff"

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/10/...or-oct-13.aspx

Comment

I don't have a problem with the Omaha fast offense. Heck, it is a very entertaining brand of basketball. However, they are notorious for being lazy and careless on defense. That is what I would like to avoid with this team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                          It's generally a confirmation bias thing. They were middle of the pack in the SL defensively last year. Definitely not amazing, but they aren't as bad as people think they are. I hope (expect) our defense to be better than theirs, however.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            It's generally a confirmation bias thing. They were middle of the pack in the SL defensively last year. Definitely not amazing, but they aren't as bad as people think they are. I hope (expect) our defense to be better than theirs, however.
                            One thing that made their defense look worse than it was is the fact they play so fast there are more possessions in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              One thing that made their defense look worse than it was is the fact they play so fast there are more possessions in the game.
                              Yup, it's simple math. It's still not a good defense, and I wouldn't be happy if our defense dipped that low, but it's not as bad as it looks.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X